Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Global armor, shields and weapon upgrades. (warhorse optional)

Default [SUBMOD] Global armor, shields and weapon upgrades. (warhorse optional)

Hey there,

Since they changed the new way to upgrade your units a couple of patches ago, so that you could only get them from copper or iron producing villages, it has always irritated me. it forces you to either spend allot of turns to get there and upgrade your units at a huge cost. or move your whole unit production to another province. Just shipping the armor to where you recruit units is not possible apparently.

This submod is meant to fix that. with it, you get the upgrades in all provinces you own. as long as you keep the iron/copper village under your control.
    though it might make the game a tad easier, remember that this counts for the AI to! factions like carthage will now have armor upgrades throughout their whole empire, as long as they keep sicily. and since the AI is kinda dumb, they would never actually upgrade their units without this mod. unless they so happen to build units in the same province.

The optional file (pick one, warhorse includes armor to) will also make the warhorse villages global. though really powerful i think these villages are rare enough to not make it to OP, since there are only 2 on the whole map.

If there are more village bonuses that could use a global fix, lets me know

Thanks to Krixux for the help with finding the right entries and making the actual files!

Just global armor upgrades: @@@_Global_armor_upgrades.rar
    Global Armor + warhorse: @@@_Global_armor_upgrades_and_warhorse.rar

PS: if anything went wrong let me know. and ill try to fix it

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Global armor, shields and weapon upgrades. (warhorse optional)

cool, the warhorse is a BLAST ! ! ! !

edit
    and lo and behold: AI armies with gold shields, armors and weapons, now that is a challenge !!!
    Last edited by Krixux; January 26, 2015 at 12:05 PM.
    D I V I D E - ET - I M P E R A

& A PROPER EMPIRE: TERRA INCOGNITA .... A P E - T I
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Global armor, shields and weapon upgrades. (warhorse optional)

or maybe you could try to not get the bonus automaticly but that you can upgrade your unit for a fee ( the 100 or so ) but therfore in every region. that way you would "represent" that the weapons and armor had to be transported and that costs money of corse
    But not sure how that would have to be scripted if there is no building in region.. :/ and if it would be applied as an global affect I fear that the result would be like what the OP mentioned.
    I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
    Alexander the Great

Quote Originally Posted by Zonac View Post
    or maybe you could try to not get the bonus automaticly but that you can upgrade your unit for a fee ( the 100 or so ) but therfore in every region. that way you would "represent" that the weapons and armor had to be transported and that costs money of corse
    But not sure how that would have to be scripted if there is no building in region.. :/ and if it would be applied as an global affect I fear that the result would be like what the OP mentioned.
    well...pertinent idea , what am I saying ? Brilliant !!!...

Menulo ?
    what do you think?

perhaps giving a negative income instead of a positive to the main city building that produces the resources in ex iron.
    to simulate that making guns, and stock them , is costly...
    ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

Richard III's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Krixux View Post
    well...pertinent idea , what am I saying ? Brilliant !!!...

Menulo ?
    what do you think?

perhaps giving a negative income instead of a positive to the main city building that produces the resources in ex iron.
    to simulate that making guns, and stock them , is costly...
    ?
    I love the negative income idea. Even expanding on that idea, can it be made so that only the player incurs negative income?
    "Good Men Don't Need Rules."

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Amazingly useful mod! Thank you!
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

the idea is fine, but i don't think its an easy change
    ill check the files tomorrow, but tbh, this is more of a bandaid for a anoying system that needs a revamp

Is it possible to make the buildings related to armor/weapon upgrades avaliable for all your settlements when you manage to get the resource, but to get acess to the upgrades itselves in a given province you need to have the building in that province? As I see, get acess to the resource is one thing, work it is another. You get an iron mine, not a blacksmith, unless you build a blacksmith.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre Lange View Post
    Is it possible to make the buildings related to armor/weapon upgrades avaliable for all your settlements when you manage to get the resource, but to get acess to the upgrades itselves in a given province you need to have the building in that province? As I see, get acess to the resource is one thing, work it is another. You get an iron mine, not a blacksmith, unless you build a blacksmith.
    well...:
    iron/copper resources = main city building already providing integrated black smith ...

-to provide respective upgrates through dedicated blacksmith as was before , hmhm
    cool idea

(somehow I fell that while modding this I will have my two (ahem) squeezed in grapples ...)
    but is worth a try

I mean for your other provinces without iron/cooper, as now you guys have made upgrades possible out from the iron/cooper settlements. This way you need to do some investment to bring the thing to the places where you want it.

Zonac's Avatar Miles

I have an idea to balance this sXXX so at first to the mali you should uptain: with lvl 1 iron/copper you should get 1% extra empire maintainance and for each upgrade 1 extra % so with the max lvl you get 4% empire maintainace. this would simulate the need to transport your goods everywhere and the needs for masproduction and their compiling costs which accumulate. (also good blacksmiths were rare )
    I would also assume to change the "- x% for unit recruitment " to either + extra % or leave it at all because the way it is now you get preety cheap units in late game... ( ~-50% costs if all resources are owned..) that totaly breaks the balance
    So a +1% to unit recruitment which goes up to +4% seems kind of fair

to the boni: it would be nice for the armorer to have those: lvl 1 +2armor +2 shield armor +2shield def; lvl 2 has +3 +3 +3; lvl 3 has +4 +4 +4 ;lvl 4 has +5 +5 +5.
    weaponsmith should have lvl1: +1melee attack +1melee def +1 missile accuracy; lvl 2 +2 +2 +2; lvl 3 +3 +3 +3 and lvl 4 should have + 4+ 4 +4 and +1 melee and missile weapondamage !

PS: I am counting on you KRIXUX ;-D
    I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
    Alexander the Great

@ Zonac
    LOL
    I'll have a look this evening ( have another sub mod requested and should be done by Friday / Saturday)
    lvls and emp maint. that s cool ...
    :p

@ Alexandre Lange
    it will be "messy", but a certain balance will be implemented

Thank you for this great mod. No more boring moves from one province to another every bloody legion =)) Saved a a lot of my time and fun!

To balance this, it would be nice to make upgrades possible after recruitment. Like mercenaries - first you hire them, then you can give em an upgrade. But I have no idea how to make it work =)

I have an idea to balance this sXXX so at first to the mali you should uptain: with lvl 1 iron/copper you should get 1% extra empire maintainance and for each upgrade 1 extra % so with the max lvl you get 4% empire maintainace. this would simulate the need to transport your goods everywhere and the needs for masproduction and their compiling costs which accumulate. (also good blacksmiths were rare )
    I would also assume to change the "- x% for unit recruitment " to either + extra % or leave it at all because the way it is now you get preety cheap units in late game... ( ~-50% costs if all resources are owned..) that totaly breaks the balance
    So a +1% to unit recruitment which goes up to +4% seems kind of fair

to the boni: it would be nice for the armorer to have those: lvl 1 +2armor +2 shield armor +2shield def; lvl 2 has +3 +3 +3; lvl 3 has +4 +4 +4 ;lvl 4 has +5 +5 +5.
    weaponsmith should have lvl1: +1melee attack +1melee def +1 missile accuracy; lvl 2 +2 +2 +2; lvl 3 +3 +3 +3 and lvl 4 should have + 4+ 4 +4 and +1 melee and missile weapondamage !

PS: I am counting on you KRIXUX ;-D

ok found it

ex

in
    rom_ROMAN_city_minor_copper_fort_4

change:
    rom_building_recruitment_cost_mod_heavy
    to
    rom_building_recruitment_cost_mod_land

then change :
    this_province
    to
    in_all_your_provinces

and value from
    "-6"
    to
    "10" (an example)

result:
    all your land units when recruited will be more expensive =
    higher recruitment cost to simulate armor/weapons distribution

Is this that you were suggesting ?
    And what do you think of this?

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Yes this would be an option
    Even though empire maintenance would be even better. therfore if you can change the "rom_building_recruitment_cost_mod_heavy" into the category i think "rom_building_tax_level" and set there a negativ value. but i am not 100% sure.

And the lower part of my post was the even more important one. however I am not sure what would be the correct command in the junction tables.
    Alexander the Great

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Edit: I think we would have to edit the effect tables directly for e.g. rom_building_unit_equipment_armor_gold .
    However I am not sure where they are listed and if we can change the % into a natural number ?!
    Alexander the Great

Edit: I think we would have to edit the effect tables directly for e.g. rom_building_unit_equipment_armor_gold .
    However I am not sure where they are listed and if we can change the % into a natural number ?!
    ok I'll have a look and test either way

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

I think that the player should have an option to use the upgrades or not. Faction wide upgrades will force the negative aspects /empire maintenance/ recruitment costs upon the player.
    From my point of view an additional village type is necessary for trade only and no upgrades. The unit upgrade iron/copper villages should not generate many trading goods.

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Of course that would be good to implement !
    Btw. Litharion: do you know were we have to change some effect junctions to get instead of a % change of armor etc. an natural number like +2 and so on?
    Thanks in advance !
    Alexander the Great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast