Thread: The Illyrians are coming!

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

Default The Illyrians are coming!

The Illyrians are Coming

The Illyrians are unfortunatly in vanila (like most factions) a rather bland and boring sight with hardly anything unique about them. I intend to change this with this retexture mod. In this thread I will already show you, what you will get. The changes do not only apply to the Illyrian factions but also to Illyrian units in the roster of Epirus aswell as all Illyrian Merceneries. I didnt retexture Illyrian Auxilaries, since i would like to make a more focused retexture of auxilary units later. I will post descriptions of what i intended to do, aswell as in game screenshots of the various changes and new textures that have been added. I should also add, that the textures used in this mod are based on historic research.

Slaves:

I tried to make slaves look like a more rag-tag bunch, gatherd together from both Celtic, Italian and Greek background, with a rather simple apperance. I didnt go full cliche and give them slave collars or anything like that. But I certaintly hope that this improves their otherwise boring apperance:

Pics:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Levies and Tribesmen:

I basicaly tried to add more diversity by adding new tunic masks, helmets, skins, beards and props:

Pics:

Raiders and Marines:

I wanted them to look more "rought and seasond" and was not quite sure at first how to create a "sailors look". I hope you find the results of my efforts satisfying:

Pics:

Cavalry:

The Illyrian Cav unit isnt a very good unit. But I still wanted it to look as if the unit was somewhat special. I tried to go for a mixed look, of soldiers who try to imitate hellenic cav aswell as some Illyrian farmers who may not live in on the coastline, but the hills and mountains of the balkans:

Pics:

Thureos Spears and Hoplites:

I wanted to give these units the look of a imitated unit. To look as if the Illyrians were copying armours and tactics of their hellenic neighbours. Stiched together linothorxes aswell as basic bronze cuirasses will be common in this unit. And in general the unit looks more elite.

Pics:

Noble Hoplites:

I wanted this unit to look posh, noble and intimidating. Many will say that soldiers didnt fight with cloaks, to which I counter: Generals didnt fight. This unit is an expensive unit and as such I think it should look expensive. I added various different armours and cloaks that should make it look as if it were imitating Hellenic war tactics. Whilest trying to remain destictively Illyrian:

Pics:

As mentioned at the beginning. The textures in this mod will be part of Vea Victis mod. And therefor this mod will be released once the next update for Vea Victis is updated.I made most of the armour textures in it, but this mod also includes a model by Avetis, vmds by Magnar and 4 linothoraxes by Little legionair. For which I have permission to use and am very greatfull.

Future Projects and Recruitment:

I need someone with the grammatical experties to tell me if "The Epirots are coming" and "The Cispalines are coming" is correct.

I could also need someone who can make shield patterns. Since I completly suck at doing that.

Any suggestions to improve this mod are also very welcome.

Thank you for taking the time to read and view this, I hope you will decide to use my mod.

Download Links:

Non Steam Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4c...an_reskin.pack
    Last edited by Kraut and Tea; January 27, 2015 at 12:40 PM.

Default Re: The Illyrians are coming!

wow, those noble units look exceptionally sharp, I really like those cloak, best cloak I've seen so far. Keep it up

I am having some problem uploading the mod to the workshop.

Currently the upload I am doing has lasted for almoust 3 hours.

Which is suprising, considering that the non steam upload only took me 5 minutes.

If you may know how to help me out with this situation, please let me know.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by The Germans are coming View Post
    I am having some problem uploading the mod to the workshop.

Currently the upload I am doing has lasted for almoust 3 hours.

Which is suprising, considering that the non steam upload only took me 5 minutes.

If you may know how to help me out with this situation, please let me know.
    Try starting over, i did it and took a few seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    Try starting over, i did it and took a few seconds
    trying that now.

but it seems to make no difference.

I`ll open a new thread and ask for help.

I am sorry, but as lon as I cant figure out why I cant upload this to steam, the non steam link is your only option for downloading this mod.

Any help to solve this problem is welcome. I currently, after the second try, have no clue why it isnt working.

I certainly didnt make a mod that takes more than 3 hours to upload.

Props mate! Those unit look awesome, I look forward to play Illyrians with your mod now

Any News?