Thread: How difficult would it be to replace the factions of Stainless Steel with the ones from Deus Lo Vault?

Default How difficult would it be to replace the factions of Stainless Steel with the ones from Deus Lo Vault?

Is it even possible?

I shall probably attempt this as it seems the only way to get the game 'just right'

Mihajlo's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: How difficult would it be to replace the factions of Stainless Steel with the ones from Deus Lo Vault?

what is the point of your post?

It is possible and it is mammoth work so good luck with that... both mods have almost all factions same, I dont see point of doing that. Difference between mods are large in terms of a gameplay tho.

Default Re: How difficult would it be to replace the factions of Stainless Steel with the ones from Deus Lo Vault?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihajlo View Post
    what is the point of your post?

It is possible and it is mammoth work so good luck with that... both mods have almost all factions same, I dont see point of doing that. Difference between mods are large in terms of a gameplay tho.
    Well I'm really in love with the difficulty I've encountered with stainless steel to a point (I've download a few submods and the only thing I don't really like is the fact that my general dies way to quickly) As for my reasoning, I'm really just testing the waters at this point. I'm looking to set the game into late antiquity/early middle ages because this would please me greatly. So I'd have to replace multiple factions as well as multiple units. Not that I want to make this a mod for others, I'd just be doing it for myself.

Here's a guide on how to adding a new faction: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-a-new-Faction
    Should at least give you an idea of what's needed to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    Here's a guide on how to adding a new faction: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-a-new-Faction
    Should at least give you an idea of what's needed to be done.
    Thank you very much Denmark, I was looking for an easy way to do things but it seems that modding medieval total war is going to be a bit more complex. Despite this, I still think my greatest trouble is going to be finding resources for units. Ones that look good of course, I imagine that I'll have to start most things from scratch so if you have any more basic tutorials and tools for modding Medieval Total War I would appreciate that, otherwise I'll just be haunting the mod workshop.

I wonder, would you happen to know if Rome Total War II textures and models can be used in medieval total war II? Or is that crossing into lines best not crossed? I remember Bethesda not being to happy when modders put oblivion graphics in Morrowind or perhaps they were using the oblivion engine, it was something along those lines I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by SageCelestine View Post
    Thank you very much Denmark, I was looking for an easy way to do things but it seems that modding medieval total war is going to be a bit more complex. Despite this, I still think my greatest trouble is going to be finding resources for units. Ones that look good of course, I imagine that I'll have to start most things from scratch so if you have any more basic tutorials and tools for modding Medieval Total War I would appreciate that, otherwise I'll just be haunting the mod workshop.

I wonder, would you happen to know if Rome Total War II textures and models can be used in medieval total war II? Or is that crossing into lines best not crossed? I remember Bethesda not being to happy when modders put oblivion graphics in Morrowind or perhaps they were using the oblivion engine, it was something along those lines I remember.
    I successfully managed to replace the Kingdom of Portugal with the Kingdom of Sweden. It is a lot of work, and required reading and watching lots of tutorials. Gimp is a really great free tool that was super helpful. My next attempt will be adding the Kingdom of Bulgaria as there is one faction slot left