Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer TW Wishlist.

Default Re: Warhammer TW Wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    That is actually the very first thing CA should include from day one if they expect me to take their game seriously Goblin launcher would come in second place. I wonder if they will go the lazy way and make them an entire battallion or do it as (as far as I'm concerned) it's done in the tabletop game, as some kind of ability that you can launch to the enemy from other regiments.

I don't really know who Kurt Helborg is, but I've always thought he has one of the coolest miniatures in the entire empire roster. I don't really get why they got rid of it for the new edition.
    They haven't.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Kurt-Helborg

It's still there.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Horus View Post
    They haven't. It's still there.
    Spoiler alert, don't read this if you care for Warhammer lore: He dies in the End Times. He will most likely not be there in the new edition coming this summer, although I imagine they'll keep selling the miniature (and as far as rumours go, old editions miniatures are still usable).

I don't think the death of Kurt Helborg, Louen Leoncoeur, Valten, and all the other characters killed during the End Times will be included in the fufure game. Actually, I highly doubt the End Times will be even mentioned in CA's game.

The reason for this is that the partnership between GW and CA was struck in 2012. I don't know exactly when TW Warhammer's development started, we only heard some snippets of information about it in January 2015. When development of the game actually started is anyone's guess. My guess is that it started somewhere in early 2013, since the game is (supposedly) scheduled for release during the fall/winter of 2015.

On the other hand, The End Times were only announced in October 2014 if I'm not mistaken. No mention of these lore changes were made in the previous 8th ed rulebooks released in 2014. I suppose the lore of the End Times were only decided in late 2014, when GW's (very bad) quarterly results came out, forcing them to completely reform and redesign their tabletop game.

We have every reason to think that Total War Warhammer's development started long before GW suddenly decided to screw everything over by messing up the factions and killing everyone in the lore. So yeah, Kurt Helborg and all the other heroes we know and love will probably make an appearance.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Yeh yeh, I wasn't speaking about the TW game, but rather that he most likely won't be included in the new edition of the tabletop game.

Senator

Yes I agree of that, the new edition is stated to be even more smaller scale than the current 8th edition. I see them sticking to 8th edition with the year start at or earlier than 2522.
    Also if the do have separate empire factions, how will they represent emmanuelle liebwitz?
    Last edited by Saladin; May 09, 2015 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    Also if the do have separate empire factions, how will they represent emmanuelle liebwitz?
    The countess of Wissenland? What's so special about her?

Senator

Nothing really except that she is not necessarily a warrior or general so speculating if would even include her in the game or replace her

Well I've thought a bit about it and in NTW and ETW, we had this council of ministers that governed your country but didn't actually appear on the map as generals or agents. Maybe they could re-use that? I really liked that feature, it sort of compensated for the lack of a proper family tree.

In Rome 2 (I've not got Attila yet), there was the ability to retire people into politics, while I believe Attila has an ability to set people as a governer. If there's a replacement model (using a standard generals model, say), then there's no actual need for her to take to battle.

DarkArk's Avatar Senator

Good naval battles. Assuming we actually get naval battles in one of the later expansions.

I recently read the Man o' War rule books, and man I want me some Warhammer naval battles. It's really got a nice level of schizo tech going on, though most of the factions could probably use a bit of fleshing out.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Well, I'm taking for granted they should include them. I mean, since empire EVERY total war game have has naval battles, why no this too? Also, it would be super easy for CA to make them given the game already have a predefined set of ships with well defined characteristics and abilities. And is a pretty limited set I must add, so is not like they have to do a whole rooster of hundreds of real life ships like Empire for example.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Citizen

Blog Entries

On the matter of unit individualism, I think they should not only expand their new "army progression" system, but also extend it to individual units. Right now if a unit does well, they get experience and that's about it. I don't really care so much if I lose them, I can always recruit another one.

But if that unit has a name and a history, a personality, if it's truly unique within my army, then I can relate to it. It's not just "another unit of spearmen" I'm losing, it's the 5th infantry regiment of Whereverburg led by Guy von Someonestein, those brave soldiers who held my left flank against overwhelming odds in the defense of Heimstadt on their own, allowing me enough time to save the day. The same guys who have been in my company since I got out of Kleindorf as a petty mercenary captain.

I should feel devastated if I lose them, and think twice before asigning them suicidal tasks.

Just giving each unit a name and a history would be a start, but having a more unique progression would also help with this. Like instead of just getting more chevrons with generic bonuses, leveling on basis of their own experiences, for instance if they have fought a particular unit type (say cavalry), or a particular race (say orks) in most of the battles, they should get a bonification while fighting that, if they have been taking arrow fire for hours and still survived, they should get more defense vs ranged units, and so on. The icing on the cake would be that you could actually visually see that progression, with veteran units having maybe beards, dented armor or even looted equipment (or the heads of the defeated enemies hanging from their regimental banner).

You get the point, I bet there are better ideas in that line.

Oh, and I believe Xcom: Enemy Unknown (or Within) is a great example of how to make the player care about his soldiers, to the point that you can actually even lose an entire campaign if you are not careful enough and lose your most veteran unit.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    On the matter of unit individualism, I think they should not only expand their new "army progression" system, but also extend it to individual units. Right now if a unit does well, they get experience and that's about it. I don't really care so much if I lose them, I can always recruit another one.

But if that unit has a name and a history, a personality, if it's truly unique within my army, then I can relate to it. It's not just "another unit of spearmen" I'm losing, it's the 5th infantry regiment of Whereverburg led by Guy von Someonestein, those brave soldiers who held my left flank against overwhelming odds in the defense of Heimstadt on their own, allowing me enough time to save the day. The same guys who have been in my company since I got out of Kleindorf as a petty mercenary captain.
    I've being saying this since Med2- give every Unit a named captain with his own personality/attributes. Doesn't have to be anything serious maybe bonuses to base morale, better damage vs cavalry or whatnot. As you say, make it so you care about your units more.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Ok, so this is were we are at for now. Sorry if I missed something or made any mistakes. I have tried to synthesize a little bit to avoid having 200 cathegories. Also, I've removed most specific faction/unit request, I think that deserves to be kept in another separate list:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Where is this list?? I need to vote in it.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Where is this list?? I need to vote in it.
    Well, there was no real list, I just evaluated everyone's requests and added points when similar requests were repeated.

If you prefer, you can just check the image and tell me the numbers you want me to add votes to, as well as any new suggestion you'd like me to add (or old ones you think I should modify/remove/join together, etc).

Uh oh... so I already voted

On the subject of the End Times, i strongly believe this series of games will end up right there. The first game will all be for setting things up with little hints of it here and there, while we will start seeing things unfolding properly by the end of the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Well, I'm taking for granted they should include them. I mean, since empire EVERY total war game have has naval battles, why no this too? Also, it would be super easy for CA to make them given the game already have a predefined set of ships with well defined characteristics and abilities. And is a pretty limited set I must add, so is not like they have to do a whole rooster of hundreds of real life ships like Empire for example.
    There are also the 3rd dimensions of Naval battles now - Dwarfs are noted as having airships and potentially submersibles if I remember my lore correctly, and there are numerous flying creatures available to the armies ranging from the building sized Dragons, Wyverns, Griffons and Greater Daemons, up to the smaller sized Gyrocopters, Pegasi mounted Empire heroes (although this may be limited to a theoretical Bretonnia themed DLC/Expansion), Bat Swarms or Giant/Fell Bats the size of horses, and that's not to mention the aquatic capable creatures - in Warhammer tabletop games, they understandably have very little to do with the water other than being unaffected by things like Rivers or water themed terrain deemed otherwise impassible, but some armies have access to creatures which can swim - such as the Lizardmen with their skinks, or the Druchii (Dark Elves) with their Kharybdiss, say - and who's to say that Chaos doesn't have some creatures capable of swimming?

I just hope that if there are naval invasions, that I can use Undead units can actually invade from the sea without needing a transport ship.

Submersibles should be fairly easy I guess. Flying units well, are more tricky, do they hover? Do they make "swipes" at ground/sea targets? I think it would also depend on the kind of creature/machine. Also, sea monsters would be really freaking fun, however CA being CA I have low expectations, I would be happy if only the regular basic ships make it to the game.