Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer TW Wishlist.

Default Re: Warhammer TW Wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    To me, they are almost dead since after The Burning Crusade. I was a borderline sectarian fanboy before that.

Hearthstone being a notable exception, in any case.
    Never Played WoW, but Starcrap 2 was awful IMO.... It was so tired and used.. it's formula felt archaic, and once I saw that people fought in giant "deathballs" i was out. The Dawn of War series has twice the innovation and creativeness that Starcraft 2 has... even though I didn't like the direction of the 2nd DoW game. Didn't even get Diablo 3 but I've heard it's awful. It's like Blizzard's entire reputation is based off stuff they did nearly a decade ago.

I mean, I find it hilarious that they basically carbon copied the Warhammer universe 10 years ago... and now they're so far gone that they've added kung-fu pandas to it... haha
    Last edited by Theedge634; January 19, 2015 at 09:47 PM.

Well there was a 10mm game of warhammer called warmaster that was more to the scale that it represented at. Large high elf arm army http://www.kerynne.com/games/WMElf.html

Big things for me are Vampire Counts 100% need to be in all of their glory. Don't up the Orks -- they need a well thought out FUN system that should scare out of the opposing players if left unchecked and not the usual total war windows dressing.

Magic needs to be freaking brutal and destructive. Heroes should be rocking multiple unique weapon/armor/trinkets. Game needs personality, Warhammer style. Non of those lame cutscenes we got in Rome 2

It's finally happening
    Last edited by Lugo; January 20, 2015 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugo View Post
    Big things for me are Vampire Counts 100% need to be in all of their glory. Don't up the Orks -- they need a well thought out FUN system that should scare out of the opposing players if left unchecked and not the usual total war windows dressing.

Magic needs to be freaking brutal and destructive. Heroes should be rocking multiple unique weapon/armor/trinkets. Game needs personality, Warhammer style. Non of those lame cutscenes we got in Rome 2

It's finally happening
    True that, ever since I finished Vampire wars trilogy book, I want to see this faction playable. Of course not only undeads but also living men, vassals and levies of Sylvania. Only Konrad was mad enough to slaughter every single living person in Sylvania.

Vlad offered some to serve him in life or undeath, should they refuse. Undeads should have unique option to raze the city or turn into Ruins Necropolis to buy troops, or replenish army from the living only. They could govern settlements, Vampire lords are not stupid so they will have all roles in own society, of course without childrens �

For Warhammer we need epic battle music.

Like this, @ 9:25
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lygc...lPavelO.Khorev

Lots of great stuff in this thread!

For me..

- All factions + some sort of Regiments of Renown faction would be BALLER!! So many possibilities for these campaigns =)
    - Ditch Warscape
    - INSANE magic animations
    - INSANE combat animations. If they are able to make EVERY battle feel unique, I will fall in love.
    - Some kind of online multiplayer campaign that allows you to play with 10+ friends all playing different factions (much like the current Tabletop Campaigns work). Would be amazing to have that table top experience translated onto our PCs!
    - Make every unit useful. Goblins are awesome. All Goblin armies are awesome. I've never played them, but they are awesome... who ever uses peasants in TW? No one... Make all of the units useful
    - This may be just me, but I want the campaign to be HEAVILY story-lined. Not like normal TW games. You guys remember Dark Omen? One of my favourite campaigns to play ever because of all the great dialogue and voice acting. Fantastic campaign voice acting (NOT like MoC lol), it will truly be an amazing experience.
    - If CA could give us MoC-esque opening cinematics. You guys remember the MoC opening cinematic? Let me refresh your memories
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_jI8lmQivA
    Is that not one of the most badass cinematics for a game ever? "TO ME, SONS OF SIGMAR!! FOR THE EMPIRE!" <- WINNING! Even watching this again tricks my brain into thinking MoC will be amazing and then I remember how crappy that game was overall and get disappointed again =( haha
    - Like others have said, I would love to be able to take control over heroes and champions and play is as sort of a first person combat scenario... amazing.
    - ITEMS ... we NEED items in this game...
    - Warhammer realistic mechanics... dragons tearing apart entire units of swordsmen, etc. Also, I know it's not gonna happen, but having things like goblins jumping and climbing on their bigger opponents and have zombies biting and gnawing at their enemies would be FRIGGIN awesome... no??!?! YES!

Ahhhh getting me all hyped up like MoC did... please don't let us down CA... haha

B

The only thing that worries me is how they are going to do the inevitable dlc. Just hope they keep it sensible.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

If done properly, not in a greedy, lazy way, dlcs could actually even be beneficial for a warhammer game. They could help to depict the variety the universe has and that im 100% sure we wont see at release, and also to add specific features they would otherwise not bother to implement.

If done properly, not in a greedy, lazy way, dlcs could actually even be beneficial for a warhammer game. They could help to depict the variety the universe has and that im 100% sure we wont see at release, and also to add specific features they would otherwise not bother to implement.
    100% agree

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by bennymcl View Post
    100% agree
    Sadly, we all know they only bother to done different color units and call it a day.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Sadly, we all know they only bother to done different color units and call it a day.
    Personally, I think CA will have learned from the utter cluster that was Warhammer MoC ... I think they are building Warhammer to turn the franchise into the "next level" of their potential. Historical games are limited in their diversity when it comes to battles and campaigns... Warhammer and other fantasy worlds are arguably much more rich in completely dynamic content (dragons and vampires ftw)... SO, I think the challenge will be answered and I have faith they are going to knock it out of the park! The DLCs will be super beneficial to expanding the rich universe further.

Not worried by CA as they will just do as their told by the brief given to them by Games Workshop. Like that I can't see CA bodging the game. It's more Games Workshop and how they choose to have the dlc implemented.

I hope for this to be the best TW design for CA and the series as a whole. The range of historical games should benefit from the design choices allowed in Warhammer eg flying units, magic etc. So will we see a more modern age TW in the next 10 years?

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bennymcl View Post
    think they are building Warhammer to turn the franchise into the "next level" of their potential
    If they are doing it on Warscape, as rumours seem to suggest, I sadly fear their "potential" will be exactly the same we have seen in the last few games. And that its not preciselly good news.

I still believe they will be able to deliver this time, and that they decided to ditch the engine, and will keep hoping until my hopes are (most likely) crushed on the announcement day.

If they are doing it on Warscape, as rumours seem to suggest, I sadly fear their "potential" will be exactly the same we have seen in the last few games. And that its not preciselly good news.

I still believe they will be able to deliver this time, and that they decided to ditch the engine, and will keep hoping until my hopes are (most likely) crushed on the announcement day.
    Yeah, I have the same fears as you do, but I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt because I REALLY want them to succeed and give us a new game that will blast to the top of my favourite computer games list =)

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo
    Humbly requesting that this thread be moved to the TW:Warhammer subforum
    edit: Looks like I was too early. I'll wait for the subforum to be created
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; April 24, 2015 at 04:36 PM.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Some more things are coming to my mind while I'm playing Rome 2 (some are just rough ideas, feel free to debate them. I'll keep updating it):

GENERAL TW SUGGESTIONS:

• Let us choose the point of the perimeter of a unit that we want to attack, instead of defaulting all units to attack in the direction of the center of the enemy unit. The precise point where we click should determine the direction our troops will face.
    • I think TW would benefit from the inclussión of an "Attack-move" command (advance in a straight line attacking everything you find in the way). I'm not entirely sure the current move command does this properly.
    • A "move avoiding engagement" command". It's annoying to have to meticulously micro the shape and trayectory of the unit you are using to flank because if you don't often one of two soldiers touches the engaged enemy units and your whole regiment stops and engages in melee. Take for instance that you order a unit to run through a gap in the frontline where other units are engaged. The AI should be able to reshape and go through the gap without touching other units if told to.
    • There should be some more emphasis on scouting and pre-battle small skirmishes. If I can't see the enemy I should be freaking scared, go into the defensive in a place where I know I'll get no surprises in form of screaming fanatics running out of the woods behind my back and send scouts to look for the enemy. Right now it's more like, "ok, I don't see them, I'll just wait until they harmlessly show up and rush my frontline as usual."
    • Since siege AI seems broken beyond help, and since most siege battles end up being repetitive, bugged and boring affairs, I think that the removal of siege battles in their current form should be considered, maybe swapped for a revamped system in which cities were more like a defensive asset in the battle map (think of them as big towers or bastions in which you can maybe garrison a few units or something) while the bulk of your army is still out of the walls in a somewhat open battle. Try to figure out some kind of minigame to make them feel different from normal pitched battles. This would also make cities feel more cramped and natural, in the way of the Shogun 2 trailers castle or any other medieval fantasy city you've seen (think of the Disney castle ) instead of making all cities, including every craphole camel merchant camp in the middle of the dessert a huge sprawling city with Broadway-sized avenues so that troops can fit. If need be, enemy troops could still attack the walls and get into the city, but maybe in a way more similar to attacking any building in Empire TW than making the entire city an open battle zone. Maybe cities should be there but as a side feature of the main siege battle. This would also solve the issue of 80% of the battles being sieges, which gets extremelly repetitive. CossacksII/American Conquest just came to my mind (of course cities should be bigger, but you get the general idea):
      Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• I think that maybe ranged infantry units should be made smaller (and more powerful to compensate). They take way too much space and are a pain in the ass to maneuver.
    • In my opinion it makes no sense to give generals civilian management traits such as "% cultural conversion", since that is an incentive for the general (with his army) to just sit in a province doing nothing instead of battling, specially with the new system in which we cannot just leave the general in the city and send the rest of the army to deliver the will of God to our enemies since we need a general with the army at all times in order to be able to use it. I'd say either remove it or give it to an agent or a building or whatever, or at least make it so that we don't have to choose between that and an actual military bonification. Even if it was useful, it would require plenty of turns for the general to be sitting idle in a town, and I don't know what do you want to encourage with that (it's only useful if you have an army defending a particular choke point or something, but that's about it).
    • I believe that most artillery units should maybe be buildable (as some kind of "dig in" feature that lets you prepare for a defensive battle) instead of taking precious unit space in your armies (Which in my opinion is not a fun thing to deal with because they are boring to use, most of them are straight immobile and stop firing when the enemy gets close before they have been able to make a serious impact, which ultimatelly turns them into a useless big object that fixes your entire army into position and that forces the rest of your troops to defend it). Maybe the heaviest, immobile units could be buildable as a defensive battle setup while the smaller, mobile units could be deployable assets that don't take army space (maybe you could get more and better units as your general/army level up). Maybe they could even be addons to regular units in a Gustavus Adolphus sort of way.
    • It would be cool if the audio feedback when ordering an unit to do something changed depending of the situation, for instance, If i click once so one of my units goes starts moving to attack,I could get a somewhat calmed message saying "forward!" or "attack!", if in the other hand I start spamming clicks on some other unit in the middle of the battle (something I find myself doing more than my mouse would like ) I could get something more rushed and heated in the lines of "break the line! break the line! chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge!!!"
    • I've seen 5 minutes of the gameplay of Ultimate General Gettisburg and I already like more its way to move units around. Right now in TW if I want to chain commands for a cavalry unit to go around a flank and charge the back of an engaged enemy unit, they have to move in a polygon, and they go like "move, wait for everyone to arrive, reform, turn, move, wait for everyone to arrive, reform, turn, move, wait for everyone to arrive, reform turn, reform, charge, and most likely in that extremelly slow process with a very low reaction time between steps they either get engaged or accidentally stuck into combat. We should be able to "draw" organic paths for our units":

• Actually, since the very first Total War I played I felt the necessity of more "drawing". I think we should be able to pick several units and draw an organic frontline in order for them to fill it instead of having to rely either to straight lines or unwieldy scalonated boxes. It's something I've always missed in TW and I'm surprised that a modder backed by an indie studio has easily done that in their first title.
    • Maybe include the option to completelly break diplomatic relations with a faction. It's annoying to have other factions constantly asking me to either sign a non-aggression pacts or to join a war against my best ally no matter how many times I reject them.

TECHNICAL STUFF AND SOME OTHER DETAILS THAT NEED TO BE FIXED:

• Fix skirmishers please. Make them able to run from enemies properly. Make them able to shoot without constantly reforming. Prevent them from going into melee everytime they go wonkers.
    • Bring back the "merge units" button.
    • Bring back the "stand ground" button. It's extremelly useful when telling your ranged units what to shoot while preventing them from chasing.
    • Make trait cards more intuitive... everytime a general levels up (which with 11 simultaneous wars and 5 armies around the world is basically twice a turn) I have to mouse over a dozen icons to figure out what they do... that's annoying, and it's not something you can learn over time because half of them are exactly the same image... Look at this picture. 17 icons, 13 of them repeated. That's just lazy.

And in any case, half of them have different name and icon but give exactly the same bonus (which usually is +1 authority). That just makes no sense. Oh, and by the way:

• The AI goes everywhere running. In half the battles they are already exhausted when they reach the enemy for the first time.
    • Make it so that if if a part but not all of the soldiers of an unit with ranged capabilities are engaged in melee, the ones that are not engaged can still keep shooting. (I've seen them do this when engaged with routed enemies, I'm not sure if they do it in all cases).
    • The "poor quarters" mechanic can be very annoying. It takes a turn to demolish them, and when you have a lot of provinces and several wars going on, it's not something you constantly have in mind, so it's very prone to be forgotten since there is no reminder until they have reappeared. With a 500g cost everytime you demolish one of them and with the big penalty to food if you don't, the consequences can be huge for your empire if you forget about a few of them. I'd either remove the feature or add some kind of streamlined system to warn you that you have empty spaces to build before they pop up again.
    • Generals (cavalry unit) keep doing suicidal charges against pikemen. I thought we were over this. Lighter cavalry units charge against pikemen way too often. I've seen infantry spearmen flank more than cavalry in Rome 2.
    • It's way easier to defend normal towns than walled cities. Normal towns have pre-set bottlenecks and the enemy can do nothing about it, it's very easy to set up strong defensive positions (specially if you have pikemen and a few ranged units). In walled cities in the other hand the enemy can attack whatever point they want, it's harder to defend because units behave like retards when they are atop of walls, you can't use defensive stances up there (like pike stance), ranged units don't really have a significant impact before the enemy reaches the walls and they are useless the moment they climb them, and the same goes for towers. Walled cities should be way harder to attack. I should be way more scared of seing a huge stone wall with a bunch of archers atop of it than of a narrow street with a unit of levy pikemen defending it. (by the way, the suggestion of ranged units being smaller but more powerful would definately be helpful here. It would for instance solve the issue o either making a spaguetti line of archers atop walls in order to let all of them fire (with the issue of the whole unit becoming unable to fire the moment one of the soldiers gets into a melee) or making a square in which only the 10 soldiers in the first row can fire).
    • Every stupid move shown here (cavalry constantly rushing alone to charge into pikes, units not flanking, etc) needs to be solved.
      Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Units should be far more responsive after an enemy engages them in melee. It's annoying that a whole battallion of 160 men just stops moving and altogether responding to commands just because a couple of men have got caught in melee.
    • I can get that after you conquer all the cities of a faction, an army stays alive with a chance of reconquering one of them... but when it's a fleet the one that keeps going in circles around the sea for ages, that's just annoying. Specially since they seem to systematically deny all peace or "become my client state" offers, no matter how powerful you are and how bad their chances are.
    • Give minors more unit variety so that this doesn't happen.
    • There should be an option to "return city to its owner", it's a little bit ridiculous that a starting city which has been mine for "hundreds" of years is taken by an enemy in a war and shortly after retaken by my most loyal ally and they keep it, giving me no options either than giving it up or attacking my old ally. Maybe same as we have "occupy, destroy" and so on, we could have a "liberate" option once we conquer the city. There could also be the opposite option, similar to the "demand unlawful territory" of EU4.
    • I can't believe there are still idle armies. Same bug since the release of Medieval 2 in 2006. That's 9 years already, CA. Games went from this to this in that same time.
    • I think the new "armies must have a general" thing is actually cool and opens up some interesting possibilities, but I think that you should at least allow us to detach units and send or at least leave them in our cities (unable to move from there unless a general picks them up again) either as an extra garrison or just to replenish themselves. For instance, if my most loved, elite and experienced unit gets down to a few soldier in the middle of a campaign, my only two options are to either disband them or send them into battle with the rest (which either means that they get destroyed or that they just sit in the back and look until the storm has passed). We should be able to give them a couple of weeks of permission time in a luxury hotel in Paris so they can relax, forget about the nightmares of the front and get their strenght back.
    • Rome 2's tech three is arguably the most simplistic and boring I think I've ever seen in any game. Give the "tactics" tech brand in the military tree, for instance. If I focus on land armies and ignore fleets, there is literally no choice I can make. I just research everything in a straight line. That's boring. And yes, there are other military branches, but Rome 2 is not EU4, Rome 2 is first and foremost about fighting battles. The campaign itself is plain and easy, so 15% higher proyectile damage is far more impactful than 4% cheaper recruitment cost, for instance (both bonuses of tier 3 research).
    • Troop placement in cities is as inconsistent as it has always been since the first days of total war. It's about time this is fixed. It's a pain in the butt to make a straight line when buildings are close, and there are plenty of other problems, such as the unability to see unit ground markers when there is marble pavement.
    • I get that proyectile trails might be useful to even see what you are shooting at when looking from afar, but at least make it so one can tell the difference from a sling pebble, an arrow and a javelin.
    • A "reform" button might be useful when you want your unit to get back into a regular shape between or during engages without having to "re-draw" it, which usually ends up in them exposing their flanks, loosing their stance and in many cases sustaining a lot of casualties or even getting routed.
    • The AI has absolutelly no clue about when to sacrifice their elephants. More often than not they sacrifice the full unit 4 seconds after reaching my line and when they are surrounded by nothing but my troops, and their rage rampart might actually be a good thing for them.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; May 14, 2015 at 03:28 PM.

Senator

I think they are doing what Relic did with dawn of war, start small then expand and add factions. That's not necessarily a bad thing as long as i don't have to wait three years to play with some elves.

Please have the Empire separated into provinces.
    Please do Altdorf, Nuln, Marienburg, Middenheim, and Talabheim justice on the battle map.
    Perhaps start the campaign a little earlier than 2522? then you could possible add some Old world specific events such as Lord mortkin invasion of ostland and nordland, and of course Tamarkhan's Invasion of Wissenland and Nuln.
    Demygryph as a mount for characters. Can't do it on the tabletop but definitely doable fluff wise.
    Famous Regiments! Carroburg Greatswords anyone?

Religion specific units(templars, ulrican warrior priests)
    Implementation of dwarf's ability at being the best at dispelling magic(definitely need this as dwarfs don't use magic in the traditional sense)

Slayers!

Night Goblin Fanatics!

Steam Tank

And for the love of Sigmar, give me Ludwig Schwarzhelm and Kurt Helborg!

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    Night Goblin Fanatics!
    That is actually the very first thing CA should include from day one if they expect me to take their game seriously Goblin launcher would come in second place. I wonder if they will go the lazy way and make them an entire battallion or do it as (as far as I'm concerned) it's done in the tabletop game, as some kind of ability that you can launch to the enemy from other regiments.

I don't really know who Kurt Helborg is, but I've always thought he has one of the coolest miniatures in the entire empire roster. I don't really get why they got rid of it for the new edition.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; May 08, 2015 at 01:57 PM.

I don't really know who Kurt Helborg is, but I've always thought he has one of the coolest miniatures in the entire empire roster. I don't really get why they got rid of it for the new edition.
    The reiksmarshal. Aka "Grand master" of the reiksguard, second in command of the empire's military.

Basically the minister of war. Except he wields a runefang instead of a pen and rapes you with a glare.

He's gone because he was a puny mortal instead of a demi-god (or fully divine) like most survivors. He's one of my favourite characters.

Senator

My favorite novel was reiksguard and though he was a minor character compared to others, he still managed to be a badass