Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer TW Wishlist.

Default Re: Warhammer TW Wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    All eight colleges of magic were recently confirmed for the empire.
    Really? Interesting. It sounds like too much variety from the get go, coming from CA...i'm suspicious lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    Honestly, seeing how I have altogether ignored naval battles through my entire playthroughs of both Shogun 2 and Rome 2, I could not care less. In those two games the naval battles were boring and poorly implemented, and not only that, they could be completelly ignored and still achieve an easy victory. That's not a sign of a good game mechanic, to be honest.

I personally love the idea of amphibious landings and naval support (It's really fun to turn land battles over in Civilization 5 bombarding land units on the shore with my ships of the lane), but i'd rather have the feature removed than poorly implemented.
    Yeah, but this time around we've got plenty of gunpowder so we wouldn't be relegated to buggy boarding actions. The naval combat was the only thing I enjoyed about Empire. It needed some work, sure, but it was far and away more enjoyable than the ground combat' I'd like to see it return at some point throughout the trilogy

Amphibious assaults/support/landings for sieges would also be excellent.

Here's hoping that as the map expands and we get more sea to work with, we'll get naval combat back.

Damn looks like posting here was a brilliant idea ! I get nice infos tossed at me that I never heard about.

About the naval combat yes it's really not a priority and I'm somewhat glad they aren't "wasting" time and ressources on it. That being said, I am a dark elf player and it would have been nice to have black arks and stuff eventually, but it's not a big deal at all. And about all eight colleges being in that's really neat if it's true !

Maybe naval battles make it into the game with the Elves expansion. Just maybe.

_

I for one wonder if they are gonna to allow all wizrads to ride Griffons, or just the beastial ones, like in the Tabletop.

Also now that I'm looking at it, I hope there will be a couple different skins for monstrous creatures, so that if you got like three Griffons in your Empire, they dont all look the same.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Also now that I'm looking at it, I hope there will be a couple different skins for monstrous creatures, so that if you got like three Griffons in your Empire, they dont all look the same.
    Well, so far all giants look identical, but it's too early to take anything for granted. I hope the same thing.

I don't know why but these days I seem to be more concerned about beards and hats than anything else

Well, so far all giants look identical
    The one on the concept art looked different. Though might have been a design for a mercenary giant.

but it's too early to take anything for granted. I hope the same thing
    Man, I'd love working on some alternate Griffon skins, but without modding support not sure if thats possible.

I don't know why but these days I seem to be more concerned about beards and hats than anything else
    Have you thought about picking up Team Fortress 2?

My beard is quite magnificent, thank you. It's my best feature. Besides, a good beard enhances anything.

Okey, something I've been thinking about the last days.

I really hope a monster and its rider can be killed / knocked out seperately.

In the TT for example your Warboss can be shot leaving his Wyvern without a rider, and thus out of your control.

Like panicing elephants, but much, much bigger.

I find this especially cool since some of the -uh- named monster mounts ( like Deathclaw for example ) have sometimes special rules for that case.

If I remember correctly, Beaquis, the Bretonnian King's Hippogryph, has like a "loyal" rule. If his master falls, instead of going on a rampage, he will stand over his corpse defending it against enemies.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Now that you mention it, I had never given that a thought. I wonder how will they deal with dismounted units. For instance, If Karl Franz dismounts from Deathclaw (if he can dismount, that is), will you get two separate units you can control? It would be ridiculous to just leave a bigass griffon staring at the battle as normal cavalry does now when the riders dismount.

Although to be honest I could understand it if they decided not to let heros dismount unless the mount is killed. You don't really gain much gameplay-wise by having your hero and his mount fighting separately, other than the "the emperor is a badass" cool factor moment.

I would love to see those weird tabletop rules (loyal hippogryph, the dwarfs standing on stones and so on).

Okey, something I've been thinking about the last days.

I really hope a monster and its rider can be killed / knocked out seperately.

In the TT for example your Warboss can be shot leaving his Wyvern without a rider, and thus out of your control.

Like panicing elephants, but much, much bigger.

I find this especially cool since some of the -uh- named monster mounts ( like Deathclaw for example ) have sometimes special rules for that case.

If I remember correctly, Beaquis, the Bretonnian King's Hippogryph, has like a "loyal" rule. If his master falls, instead of going on a rampage, he will stand over his corpse defending it against enemies.
    Yeah, it'd be n ice if you could swap out your mounts if you feel going on foot or something like that (or even if the situation demands it for whatever reason, like 'anti-air' troops making deathclaw useless)

I'd understand if they didn't include dismounting, but I certainly wouldn't be happy about it. In all but the rarest cases (the main exception being lancer cavalry), I tend to dismount my cavalry because I just prefer using infantry and most elite cavalry are pretty awesome when dismounted anyway.

But then, I suppose if it's that big a deal, there's always the Dwarfs for complete and utter lack of cavalry.

I kinda expect dismounting not to be there. Would be kinda weird, punch of GreenSkins parking their giant Warspiders and stuff.

Feel like for a lot of units it wouldnt make too much sense.

Like I said, I'd understand it. It'll just see me playing a lot more Dwarf campaigns and a lot fewer of anyone else than I otherwise would have.

Even so, there are situations that I think it would be valid. Sieges in particular come to mind.

I kinda expect dismounting not to be there. Would be kinda weird, punch of GreenSkins parking their giant Warspiders and stuff.

Feel like for a lot of units it wouldnt make too much sense.
    Sure, probably shouldn't be possible except for a few. The AI probably won't ever use it itself anyway, would just be cool to dismount reiksguard to fight on walls or something

Ok how about this feature?
    It TW were always promised 3d bodies that would stack onneach other , but I barely noticed that if they introduced...

It would be cool to see masses and masses of bodies cumulated on the battlefield up to make a sort of hill of bodies on wich the enemies will have to crawl upon to fight over ...

Or even walls of bodies cumulated by giants lol ...

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Sure, probably shouldn't be possible except for a few. The AI probably won't ever use it itself anyway, would just be cool to dismount reiksguard to fight on walls or something
    Reiksguard are kinda the one unit where I'd like to see a dismount ability, since they do fight on foot aswell in the background.

Ok how about this feature?
    It TW were always promised 3d bodies that would stack onneach other , but I barely noticed that if they introduced...

It would be cool to see masses and masses of bodies cumulated on the battlefield up to make a sort of hill of bodies on wich the enemies will have to crawl upon to fight over ...

Or even walls of bodies cumulated by giants lol ...
    Not sure how feasable this would really be...

but I hope the corpses of big creatures, like giants have proper colision, and soldiers cant simply run through it, or push it out of the way like they often do with dead elephants in Rome II *shudders*

And I hope giants can crush soldiers under their body when they go down dieing, like in the Tabletop.

I can see big creatures' corpses and destroyed steam tank hulls becoming part of the environment, much like destroyed tanks in company of heroes.

Citizen

Blog Entries

By the way, CA, not that it affects me since I usually play my games in English, but I've just downloaded Attila for the free Steam weekend and I can tell you that the narrator you employed for the Spanish voiceovers is easily one of the worst I've ever heard in gaming, so consider paying more attention to localization for the next game.

By the way, CA, not that it affects me since I usually play my games in English, but I've just downloaded Attila for the free Steam weekend and I can tell you that the narrator you employed for the Spanish voiceovers is easily one of the worst I've ever heard in gaming, so consider paying more attention to localization for the next game.
    It might be intentional? Maybe? Like, the germanic guide / voice over guy in the german localization of Rome II has like the weirdest ing accent I've ever heard. To the point that I believe its supposed to emulate some sort of proto-german.

Citizen

Blog Entries

It might be intentional? Maybe? Like, the germanic guide / voice over guy in the german localization of Rome II has like the weirdest ing accent I've ever heard. To the point that I believe its supposed to emulate some sort of proto-german.
    It's not about accent, he tries to emulate none, he is just a random spanish guy speaking standard spanish .It's about how bad (not weird, plain bad) a dubber he is. Really, he is atrocious. The few guys I've seen in the campaign are not much better.