Thread: Crashes with CIU.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Default Crashes with CIU.

Hey, I was wondering if anybody could help me out. When I have CIU (Both West and East versions) activated, my game crashes when trying to start a campaign or a custom battle. It's pretty frustrating, because this mod is pretty unparalleled in the unit variety department, I would love to get it working.

Here is a screenshot of my Mod Manager load order (http://imgur.com/pTYvxcj). As you can see, the only (visible) conflicts are CIU East and West, conflicting with each other, which I figure is harmless. Now I realize that Avetis is using Demokritos' ACR recolour with CIU, and I am using a different recolour mod (Uniform Colours Remastered). I've tried deactivating Uniform Colours Remastered to see if there was any hidden conflict, but that didn't make a difference, still crashes.

It's late, and I feel like I'm at my wits end. I am still troubleshooting, but I thought I'd ask to see if someone else had a better idea why this might be happening. Will update my OP while I try different fixes. Thanks in advance.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Crashes with CIU.

So, I fixed it, but I honestly couldn't tell you how. I tried a custom battle with two factions unaffected by CIU; the Etruscan League and Rome, and the battle loaded fine. So for whatever reason, I decided to try Rome against a faction that is affected by CIU, Parthia. It worked, and now everything works. I don't really understand what I did, but there's that. Parthia campaign here I come!