View Poll Results: Are you excited about a Warhammer Total war hybrid?

Voters
407. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

222 54.55%
  • No

140 34.40%
  • I don't care

45 11.06%
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER officially confirmed!

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER officially revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post
    RIP Total War.

Though to be fair, its not like the lack of historicity matters anyway given how incompetent the franchise is now compared to what it used to be. Enjoy the lack of unit collision and retarded magic spells in a different world.
    Hopefully they've made a new engine.

I said it over and over, a Warhammer game in the current engine would feel just like a total war warhammer reskin, no different from Call of Warhammer. If they don't create a new engine the game will not be able to accoplish what the warhammer license allows them to do. Warhammer is so different that deserves more than just modified stats and new 3d models.

Anyways, I don't think they up so much, they sure have talented creative designers...

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    this is vomitive a warhammer in a totalwar.
    if this is true,the levels of degradation of CA have been máxima,due to the large number of adolescents without brain and casual players swarming as a plague in these last years.
    the veteran players that are thousands of totalwar will not buy this great filth.
    hopefully good players of total war that this is not true and alone is the invention of some idiot converted into rumor by many casual players that exist in this forum.
    Jesus christ...

Dude, I'm 27, I've been playing TW since Shogun 1, since people had no clue of what TW was, and I'm excited about this (I won't say that I will buy it because CA doe snot deserve that kind of confidence after Rome 2, but I am definitelly intrigued).

Don't pretend to be in possesion of other's opinions just to amplify yours.

Like the universe of not (I personally kind of dig it, although I'm not a particularly big fan) this gives CA an excuse to be creative (no pun intended), gives them the chance to get TW out of the stagnant, repetitive, uninspired mess that it has been for a long time.

Some of you guys don't seem to understand that the fact that someone loves history (i believe 95% of people here do) does not mean he/she can't enjoy other stuff as well. And I'd dare say that here most of us are not only History fans, but strategy fans and gaming overall fans as well, and for gaming, this announcement is certainly good news).

if CA take out a game based tolkien middle earth,i would be very excited,but a filth of warhammer is unfortunate.
    I've myself been a much bigger Tolkine fan than a Warhammer fan, and I tell you that (in my opinion) Warhammer allows for a much more unique, creative, varied game. Not to mention way more fun. If they had got a LotR liscense i would not be hyped at all. The only reason that would work would be because of the movies, and the movies are already quite worn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Twido View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic about this.
    I think this sentence pretty much sums up everything I have to say.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER officially confirmed!

Yeah the Tolkien universe is not that special, Warhammer is better for a creative game.

Lotr is way to strict.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

What is better then the Warhammer Fantasy universe for a game with "Total War" in his name?! Na, ok...Warhammer 40k. xD But seriously, the world of Warhammer is absolute and pure total war, Chaos itself IS WAR.

By the way, I'm looking forward to let my dwarves reconstitute their old empire...and eventually get some revenge from these elves. If I remember correctly they cut some beards a few thousand years ago, that has to be avenged!

Edit: By the way, I'm hugely interested in historicaly accurate games...that's the reason why I'm helping the DeI-project and started playing Hearts of Iron, because no TW could ever hope to bring the real scale of a modern war to life.
    Last edited by Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf; January 14, 2015 at 07:28 AM.
    Checking out games for historical accuracy: http://bit.ly/HiGaVFYD
    Let's Plays: http://bit.ly/HjalfFeuer

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf View Post
    What is better then the Warhammer Fantasy universe for a game with "Total War" in his name?! Na, ok...Warhammer 40k. xD But seriously, the world of Warhammer is absolute and pure total war, Chaos itself IS WAR.

By the way, I'm looking forward to let my dwarves reconstitute their old empire...and eventually get some revenge from these elves. If I remember correctly they cut some beards a few thousand years ago, that has to be avenged!
    *looks in the great grudge book*
    That is correct, the elves have to pay in blood for that!!!
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; January 14, 2015 at 07:23 AM. Reason: We should have a Grudge thread!

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

I hope they don't focus on western region only. I wanna see lizardman, Cathay, Nippon, and Khuresh too

Guidrion's Avatar Miles

I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, I love warhammer and I believe its gameplay is very well-suited for a total war game. Call of Warhammer is a good proof of concept. As said before, gamey bonus are coherent with the fantasy setting and much can be done.

On the other hand...
    Warscape engine-related fear...
    I'm very afraid that the game will be streamlined with the management part of the game getting further in the background. It may not be very coherent with the theme but I always loved that about pre-warscape TW games.
    The use of characters has dropped significantly and while getting inspiration from crusader kings 2 should have been made with Rome II and Attila, it is paradoxically (huhu) even more important for a warhammer game. Heroes, equipement, artefacts and retinues are a big thing.
    Finally... Armies customization. It is such a big part of the warhammer feel. While I could perfectly live with a CoW-level gameplay with large roster with many visual upgrades, I'd be much more interested in gameplay addition allowing to customize units, with each units having their own roleplayed verterans caracteristics. A unit of swordsmen has seen many battles against undead? Give them a warrior-priest as a commander! Let them wear some religious trinkets and less likely to fear spooky skeletons.

The fact that they got a new team is both worrying and exciting. So much could be done with warhammer. PLEASE DON'T SUCK!

Caelifer_1991's Avatar Vicarius

Would've preferred 12th-14th century Middle East, ancient or middle ages China/ Asia, or West Africa between the 14th-16th centuries, but this ain't bad either.
    Last edited by Caelifer_1991; January 14, 2015 at 07:44 AM.

SteamPunk's Avatar Civis

this is vomitive a warhammer in a totalwar.
    if this is true,the levels of degradation of CA have been máxima,due to the large number of adolescents without brain and casual players swarming as a plague in these last years.
    the veteran players that are thousands of totalwar will not buy this great filth.
    hopefully good players of total war that this is not true and alone is the invention of some idiot converted into rumor by many casual players that exist in this forum.

HELL
    ITS ABOUT TIME

but if they are going to use unit collision again
    i swear i am going to be pissed off

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

CA already stated 3 years ago they were working on a Warhammer-game. Only new thing is the title.
    Checking out games for historical accuracy: http://bit.ly/HiGaVFYD
    Let's Plays: http://bit.ly/HjalfFeuer

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf View Post
    CA already stated 3 years ago they were working on a Warhammer-game. Only new thing is the title.
    It's not just that. The title confirms that it will be a TW-like strategy game.

For all we knew, it could have been a first person game like Alien Isolation...

i speak of the authentic veteran players who love history and grand strategy, we have fought for years for a full war games that were the most historical potential with deep and immersion.
    i certainly do not speak of mediocre players who have for years praising the poor job of CA.
    Well , you and your imaginary elitist club seem to suck at fighting then, because the vanilla version of total war games has become gradually less and less historical accurate with all the 'history buffs' not saying a single word about things like all female gladiator units in generic gladiator armor, because they are 'a lot of fun and it is just a game'. On top of that we have laser guided missiles with the killing power of a machine gun and a lack of unit collision. Nice work, dude.

I like warhammer. It's one of the less generic fantasy settings, with the human empire being a direct emulation of the Holy Roman Empire of German nations. Nice.
    I am worried about CA's latest tendency of 'streamlining' and casualizing their games for the mass market though.

the new username's Avatar Praepositus

I...I don't know what to feel about this
    Warhammer40k's has definitively a universe which I'm not fond off, but I think we all saw this coming some time ago
    I think they should have gone for another historical setting. Something not yet explored in the series, we are all just seeing sequels here
    As long as it isn't a major project that will occupy the resources and assets from the main team I don't have a problem with it, but I still feel that it's a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by soheisohei View Post
    I hope they don't focus on western region only. I wanna see lizardman, Cathay, Nippon, and Khuresh too
    Lizardmen agreed. But Cathay, Nippon, Arabia and Khuresh wasn't seen in anything related to Warhammer for ages (unless something has changed recently) so I seriously doubt that they will be. Even Estalia and Tilea can have a little bit of problem. Not to mention that I think the faction that should be brought back is Chaos Dwarves.
    How many times someone guessed wrong about my nationality: 3
    Where do I not come from: Czech Republic, US, South America, Former Colony, Germany, Austria, Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by the new username View Post
    I...I don't know what to feel about this
    Warhammer40k's has definitively a universe which I'm not fond off, but I think we all saw this coming some time ago
    I think they should have gone for another historical setting. Something not yet explored in the series, we are all just seeing sequels here
    As long as it isn't a major project that will occupy the resources and assets from the main team I don't have a problem with it, but I still feel that it's a waste.
    It is not the Warhammer 40k It is Warhammer fantasy.
    How many times someone guessed wrong about my nationality: 3
    Where do I not come from: Czech Republic, US, South America, Former Colony, Germany, Austria, Switzerland

the new username's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Zwirbaum View Post
    It is not the Warhammer 40k It is Warhammer fantasy.
    Well as you can see i'm pretty illiterate about it due to my lack of interest on it, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwirbaum View Post
    Lizardmen agreed. But Cathay, Nippon, Arabia and Khuresh wasn't seen in anything related to Warhammer for ages (unless something has changed recently) so I seriously doubt that they will be. Even Estalia and Tilea can have a little bit of problem. Not to mention that I think the faction that should be brought back is Chaos Dwarves.
    Anything for Diversity

This is a unique opportunity to make roosters and armies really feel distinct from each other, which was not so easy because of historical reasons in games like medieval II. Just think about it.

Hopefully I will get to be the Skavens or the Goblins. And hire some mercenary Two-Headed Ogres!

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the new username View Post
    Well as you can see i'm pretty illiterate about it due to my lack of interest on it, sorry.
    It maybe helps to think of it of a pseudo-historical game with mithology on it. After all, The Empire emulates the HRE, Bretonnia is medieval England/France, the wood elves are some kind of celts, lizardmen are mayans/aztecs, etc.