View Poll Results: Are you excited about a Warhammer Total war hybrid?

Voters
407. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

222 54.55%
  • No

140 34.40%
  • I don't care

45 11.06%
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER officially confirmed!

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER officially revealed!

Great news. Really interesting to see what new gameplay mechanics they are introducing.

I also hope they release it in a new 64bit engine.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

I have to say, if this is true, I'm looking forward to it. However a new game engine is an absolute must for it. As with all Total Wars post-Rome 2 I will not be pre-ordering no matter how good it "looks" and I'd advise others to remember this as well

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon Templar View Post
    For a Total War game, I think Age of Three Emperors would be fit well.
    Hmmm Yes could be, there is a goal for the empire player, there a still dorfs, orcs, undead and the conflict ended with a chaos invasion.
    But no mages :/ it was only after.

and because Templar and griffon was in the name
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; January 14, 2015 at 05:13 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER officially confirmed!

I knew it! THANK YOU SEGA & CA!

zackstefy's Avatar Libertus

It would be perfect if they'll add a 3rdperson/hero mode where you can control your general ( kinda like mount&blade or spartan total warrior ) ...just imagine the epicness and what the modders will do ( Westeros mods, skyrim mods, lord of the rings mods ) !

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Oh god, all the possibilities !

A map larger than Empire map, with Lustria and the far east

All those units

MY GOD

YES! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

REMENBER ROME2!
    Don't fall for the hype yet, let's hope at least CA implements unit collision and mass to the warscape engine.
    "romanes eunt domus"

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by zackstefy View Post
    It would be perfect if they'll add a 3rdperson/hero mode where you can control your general ( kinda like mount&blade or spartan total warrior ) ...just imagine the epicness and what the modders will do ( Westeros mods, skyrim mods, lord of the rings mods ) !
    Rise and fall did it and it was AWESOME!!!
    I think you can download it for free.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Worst news of my life.
    Your life must be quite curious...

"for most strategy games, mutliplayer is almost all of the experience, or at least a sizeable chunk" - err, no it isn't. I've never played Total War online and have never wanted to, this game is clearly all about single player.

Not really a fantasy fan myself, so hopefully a separate CA team is working on Warhammer rather than the team that could be working on the next historical game, hopefully Medieval 3. And before people get all angry about sequels, Medieval 2 came out a decade ago pretty much, it is totally unplayable on that limited engine and basic graphics!!

Quote Originally Posted by barry12 View Post
    "for most strategy games, mutliplayer is almost all of the experience, or at least a sizeable chunk" - err, no it isn't. I've never played Total War online and have never wanted to, this game is clearly all about single player.
    I'm not defending CA on this one, but he's right. Just pick the most popular RTS out there, all multiplayer focused.

Quote Originally Posted by barry12 View Post
    Not really a fantasy fan myself, so hopefully a separate CA team is working on Warhammer rather than the team that could be working on the next historical game, hopefully Medieval 3. And before people get all angry about sequels, Medieval 2 came out a decade ago pretty much, it is totally unplayable on that limited engine and basic graphics!!
    It's a separate team.
    Last edited by Ybbon; January 14, 2015 at 04:15 PM. Reason: continuation

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    It's official, deal with it. You condescending talk against WHFB fans is pitiful: WH fans are not casuals, and are usually way more dedicated than most history buffs here on TWC.

I'm not defending CA on this one, but he's right. Just pick the most popular RTS out there, all multiplayer focused.

It's a separate team.

if CA take out a game based tolkien middle earth,i would be very excited,but a filth of warhammer is unfortunate.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 14, 2015 at 06:32 AM. Reason: continuity

Quote Originally Posted by SteamPunk View Post
    Im looking forward to this game. But im looking foward to the Forum meltdown as well. History fanboys foaming at the mouth and denouncing CA as traitors. WARHAMMER purists posting pictures from GW books saying "This is how a dwarf beard should look! Get it right CA." The lost voices of people just after a decent gaming experiance.

My God it will be beautiful.
    As a history fanboy, I'm cautiously optimistic about this. The problem previously been that they started from a historical basis and introduced unrealistic concepts. Since this game will not be based in the real world, it can get away with much more gamey unrealistic stuff. I hope they get rid of the throwing torches at gates though, that would be too silly even for fantasy.

This could be awesome! Really hope it is a proper game and not mobile.

-------------------
    http://www.warpainter40k.com

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post

Just because your not a fan doesn't mean you need to go on a insult ridden rant. Also, don't think you magically speak for all the veteran players.

i speak of the authentic veteran players who love history and grand strategy, we have fought for years for a full war games that were the most historical potential with deep and immersion.
    i certainly do not speak of mediocre players who have for years praising the poor job of CA.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 14, 2015 at 06:25 AM. Reason: off topic\not needed

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

It took CA quite a while to catch up, me thinks. Lord of the Rings next?

Talking of catching up: if the personal attacks and comments continue then they will definitely catch up with their authors.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 14, 2015 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post

It's a separate team.
    Where does it say that? All i see is some games manual.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 14, 2015 at 06:33 AM. Reason: continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    i speak of the authentic veteran players who love history and grand strategy, we have fought for years for a full war games that were the most historical potential with deep and immersion.
    i certainly do not speak of mediocre players who have for years praising the poor job of CA.
    WOW. You certainly think highly of yourself. You do realize you can dislike and even disapprove of Total War: Warhammer without resorting to insulting and attacking others in the fan base. As some one who enjoys history (I did work on Rome Total Realism for years, created my own historical mods etc.) I also enjoy fantastical settings (I've worked on Third Age Total War as well) the two settings can coexists as total war games. Additionally, the use of a fantasy setting which is actually well suited to the mechanics of the total war franchise does not revoke the grand strategy aspect of the series. What all this really comes down to is a butt hurt player that doesn't like Warhammer insulting people that like the idea. The very same rant could have been done with the announcement of Rome 2 when someone wanted a different time period. Hell, you completely undermine your own position by saying a Tolkien based game would be acceptable but a Warhammer one is not. So its not even about a non-historical setting. You just don't like Warhammer.

PS you didn't fight for anything. The series hasn't been destroyed by illiterate, brainless casual players.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 14, 2015 at 07:25 AM. Reason: off topic

And I here I hoped for Total War: China/Asia. Oh well.. I guess this will do too