View Poll Results: Are you excited about a Warhammer Total war hybrid?

Voters
407. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

222 54.55%
  • No

140 34.40%
  • I don't care

45 11.06%
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER officially confirmed!

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER officially revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    Hopefully it will play as a total war game, or it would be a wasted effort.

I really like CA effort to make something new, rather then print out the same era games.

I hope the campaign will be centred around the Empire.

Factions:
    The Empire (duh)
    Brets
    Wood elves
    Dwarfs
    Undead
    Chaos
    Orcs

Or maybe they will come up with something better, Don'tt think they could make the whole world?
    All the elector counts please, Chaos divided/undivided, all the major greenskin tribes, etc. Just don't blob several mini-factions together. Also, don't forget the Skaven!

Also, we are not sure where will this game fit into the timeline: it may aswell be about Sigmar or Ulric.

----------

kotaku already got here too
    Last edited by Yayattasa; January 13, 2015 at 07:48 PM.

I hope CA wasn't planning a big surprise party or a press conference for the announcement...
    I was so sure it would be Mark of Chaos II, what a relief.

----
    Hmm, seeing there are many visitors in this thread, I might point out there's a cool WHFB mod released for Medieval 2: Total War (it's also getting a major patch soon). Check it here (moddb) and here (local subforum)!
    Last edited by Yayattasa; January 13, 2015 at 08:13 PM.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

MY BODY IS READY

I just hope they do the old canon and not the End Times factions, since it's been in development I would assume it's not the latter, but still.

This sounds intriguing, but I really do hope CA doesn't ditch historical themes for Total War following this.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Wasn't there a post a few months ago from Creative Assembly hiring employees to work on this? Fairly certain this has been known to be in development for a while.

And that's beside the fact the partnership with GW was public and there's a screenshot floating around showing Warhammer assets in the warscape engine.

Either way all I want is for Sylvania, Lizardmen, and Norscans to be playable. Hyped.

Apparently you unlock factions for the Grand Campaign by defeating them in the traditional Warhammer game. How do I know this. Because I just made it up.

About time they mention something about it. Didn't they acquire the license years and years ago?

Maybe this could shake up the series. They've done just about everything they could with iron and steel in a historical setting (that's known to the general public). Alien: Isolation proved they can go out of their comfort zone and deliver something solid.
    Last edited by nuclearaddict; January 13, 2015 at 09:57 PM.

[HERETIC BURNING INTENSIFIES]

I just hope that this is a side project...
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    I just hope that this is a side project...
    Different project teams for Warhammer and traditional TW games

Doesn't that suggest it's a mobile game? If they are making a more traditional Total War Warhammer they better make a new engine that can handle melee well.

TL;DR: CA is working on a new Total War based on WHFB; the team is not the same as the usual Total War team; this is the actual confirmation, everything else was only educated guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by blackberryalpha View Post
    Doesn't that suggest it's a mobile game? If they are making a more traditional Total War Warhammer they better make a new engine that can handle melee well.
    The phrase can surely sound ambiguous, but it pretty much said TW:WH is not meant for mobiles.

Default Total war:Warhammer to be announced Imminently!

This is a game i have been looking forwards to for years! With Attila soon to be launched. I'm very interested in what CA will spend most of their focus on.

Most of us here are hardcore History buffs that love the time periods, but personally with the release of Attila i feel sated enough to wait an extra year for Empire Total war(Which i suspect is the next big historic era to be tackled)

http://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-war...be-on-its-way/
    What PCgamer wants from a Total war:Warhammer hybrid
    http://www.pcgamer.com/what-we-want-...arhammer-game/

BUT! More importantly What do you think?
    Last edited by DeliCiousTZM; January 13, 2015 at 11:31 PM.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default Re: Total war:Warhammer to be announced Imminently!

From a Total War perspective, this could be a gamechanger, considering the vast amount of new mechanics that they would need to put into the game to make a convincing Warhammer universe. It really could freshen up the TW template with new opportunities and possibilities. If indeed this is a Total War title.

Default Re: Total war:Warhammer to be announced Imminently!

Really excited

I want to know more!

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

I hope its like on medieval 2 call of warhammer, not some action game
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Well for me the best scenario would be a TW version of the End Times.

However notice that the "announcement" comes after TW:Arena and TW:Mobile game. So this could possibly be a smaller game without the grandeur of a "real" TW title. That would obviously be a massive disappointment as Warhammer fans and the less fanatic TW fans are getting hyped for the full experience.

for the supremacist history purists: The most popular Medieval 2 mod is Third Age. A Lord of the Rings mod.
    Last edited by Påsan; January 14, 2015 at 12:03 AM.