View Poll Results: Are you excited about a Warhammer Total war hybrid?

Voters
407. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

222 54.55%
  • No

140 34.40%
  • I don't care

45 11.06%
Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER officially confirmed!

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER officially confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    Moving on from people making stupid comments...

I'm also worried about the animations.

I mean, Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Orcs, Goblins, Skaven, Lizardmen, Undead/Tomb Kings, Chaos, Ogres, these would all need unique animations and models on the most basic of levels, let alone the fact that there are multiple mount types per-race and for a lot of the armies- dozens of unique unit types that will need further unique animations.

We're talking about a developer who left axe/club units in Rome 2 using sword animations for a hell of a long time (I believe they've changed it now but I could be wrong) and who have resorted multiple times to copy+paste units on a huge scale.
    Unless they have a second team, twice the size of the main team and full of competent developers, I'm worried that this game is going to be a complete mess.
    Hmmm yeah its a hard one you would expect a Druchii to fight different then a Human, but for me it ain't a huge deal breaker, but I would not be surprised if they had a trick up their sleeves, I mean they have Joey on the team =)

T.D. remember this "We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." :3
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; January 14, 2015 at 03:29 PM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post
    lol, what next, Total War: NARNIA? Total War: Spiderman?
    Probably more interesting than retrodding the same-old Historical ground. Theres nothing interesting left to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    Here is my answer to this thread.
    Your ~*answer*~ doens't even make sense. Just one thing, the most popular mods for M2:TW include fantasy (Westeros, Third Age and Rage of Dark Gods/Call of Warhammer). Unsurprisingly, those mods are also among the most detailed ones.

Don't know what's wrong with certain people here.
    Insulting others on a personal level over a game that isn't even announced yet? Seriously, how can you call out others being "nerdy" or "kiddy" when you act like this?

I'm not even starting to explain how important the Warhammer franchise was and is for certain other brands like Warcraft, Starcraft and so on. I mean if you're not interested... ok, your choice.
    But please stop insulting, there is definitely no reason to do that.

Are the people insulting Warhammer misinformed? Warhammer is considered one of the darkest settings ever. The good guys are a bunch of xenophobic knight templars who will burn anyone at the mention of heresy, just imagine all the negatives of medieval Europe put into one huge unholy package. The common life span of a human soldier is one second, as there facing hordes of daemons. some of which will violently rape you until you die, armies of rat men (who are spawned from these. WARNING: DISTURBING http://1d4chan.org/images/4/41/Female_skaven.jpg), bloody armies of undead, vampire warlords who will dance around covered in your blood, giant vikings who go around pillageing as a past time, and god knows what else.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

I cleaned up some posts, please stay on-topic. Now you are welcome to have an opinion of warhammer or TW or combination of both but please try to remain within the ToS.
    Last edited by Ybbon; January 14, 2015 at 04:40 PM.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Leving View Post
    If people want to play with paints, dolls and plastic army men then that is absolutely their prerogative. I just find it funny that such things have made it into Total War.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Get yer damn paint and dolls out of my Total Warhammer game.

I sure hope they properly represent mages on the battlefield, and don't just make them an agent or something. That would be disappointing.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbossbalrog View Post
    armies of rat men (who are spawned from these. WARNING: DISTURBING http://1d4chan.org/images/4/41/Female_skaven.jpg)
    The link does not work. Just to be sure, we are talking about these, right?

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

I am so psyched for this

Ten pages on this topic in one day (leaving aside the POINTLESS hater posts) should tell you how interested people are in this game. Afterall Strategy games-War games-Fantasy games pretty much all spring from the same well.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post
    The link does not work. Just to be sure, we are talking about these, right?

Your's dosen't work for me. If your talking about the huge, flesh monstrosites that are Skaven females, that's only job is to spawn little Skaven, then yes.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbossbalrog View Post
    Your's dosen't work for me. If your talking about the huge, flesh monstrosites that are Skaven females, that's only job is to spawn little Skaven, then yes.
    Well, I had no intention of describing this, but mine was more like rat cheerleaders with four breasts in pink miniskirts waving pompoms.

Yay, Warhammer.

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

Now, what a mountain of crap some people post here.^^ As I could tell you (I wrote an article about that for a pc games mag) tabletop games are the reason this forum exists. All strategy games of modern concept on pc and tabletop have the same origin, the "Kriegsspiel" of the prussian army command, used to train officers how to use terrain and solid tactics to beat the enemy. Just shortly before the first world war there was a huge Kriegsspiel with about 100 participants of colonels rank or higher including the high command of the german army, the Reichswehr. The results of the game weren't taken into account as the "attackers" were stopped by the "defenders"...which shouldn't have been possible in opinion of the higher command ranks. So it had to be a "bug" in the game...what it wasn't as was to be observed only months later.

This Kriegsspiel was hugely popular in Germany and expanded even to Russia, Great Britain and the USA were it sparked the development of role playing games like Dungeons & Dragons and, not surprisingly, tabletops like Warhammer Fantasy.

So, to all these guys saying tabletops are toys...tabletop is what developed from the original officers training method of the german Reichswehr and a whole bunch of other great armies and their commanding officers in the times where no computer simulations existed (and don't come with TW is an accurate sim^^). By the way: the only European army not using the Kriegsspiel für education for its officers was the Imperial Russian Army...they started one big Kriegsspiel before the beginning of WW1 and never finished it because they couldn't stop arguing with the judges...make of that what you want.
    Checking out games for historical accuracy: http://bit.ly/HiGaVFYD
    Let's Plays: http://bit.ly/HjalfFeuer

StormOfRazors's Avatar Foederatus

Ybbon, I took the opportunity to edit my fist post to re-iterate what you were saying about keeping the discussion on topic and staying within the ToS.
    This hopefully will make it more visible. Thanks for clearing out the junk earlier.

I would like for CA to have the units respond correctly depending on the faction you are attacking.

For example, instead of taking the easy way out and having all Empire Spearmen say the same 3 things when ordered to attack a unit, have their dialogue change based on who the enemy is.

If you order them to attack orks "Cut down the Greenskins!"

If you order them to attack Chaos "Their Chaos gods are worthless, Sigmar will prevail!"

When told to attack Khorne Chosen "They may best us in single combat, but we have numbers! Overwhelm them!"

Or even have the dialogue change based on the experience of the unit, no experience units may be scared or unsure of themselves when they speak "Would you look at the size of them! We will try our best Lord!".

High experience veterans would be confident sounding and calm, and maybe even cocky "We've fought worse (spits), stick it to em lads!"

And for the love of GOD CA, do not pull random employees into back rooms to record the voices at the last minute. Get professionals and use professional equipment. You have the opportunity to make this exciting and memorable! And get someone good to do the music, we need exciting and invigorating music!

Seeing your Empire troops march towards the enemy with their banners flying in the wind to this is unforgettable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-3cJ2Ztcy4

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

And pre-battle speeches need to be over the top and epic, based on their faction.

Þiudreiks's Avatar Civis

While I'm not much of a fan of Total War Fantasy battle myself I did enjoy the Call of Warhammer mod. If they build the engine around mechanics like flying units and mages I think that the game will be enjoyable enough and I definitely will be looking at it when it is release to purchase.
    Everybody has opinions: I have them, you have them. And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that’s horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it’s nothing. It’s just bibble-babble. It’s like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks. -Harlan Ellison

For the battle music, we need music with bite and drive CA. Not passive dull lullaby music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99yFe68YtMQ

When my troops are in the thick of it with the enemy, I need music like this to get my blood pumping!

Good use of vocals too would be appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt531rsghsA

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Na, you all know I would only play it for Chaos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I thought it was a given for a warhammer game when they license it? why are so many of you guys acting so surprise by it?
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii