View Poll Results: Are you excited about a Warhammer Total war hybrid?

Voters
407. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

222 54.55%
  • No

140 34.40%
  • I don't care

45 11.06%
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER officially confirmed!

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER officially revealed!

Well there's nothing but war in the universe, so yea it fits perfectly, total war, it has a medieval feel to it so it's like medieval 3 total war, and it has fantasy setting with the fantasy/supernatural units and magic....MAGIC!, which adds to the fantasy setting many of us wanted, third age total war mod and its submods gave us that for medieval 2, now CA will do it officially with a warhammer game.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER officially confirmed!

Not in the least bit interested in Borehummer, but I will be interested to know if fairies are involved? and all that!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Not in the least bit interested in Borehummer, but I will be interested to know if fairies are involved? and all that!
    Riiiiiiiiight.
    Like LOTR or Game of Thrones are not boring. Or 18th Century warfare.... or the UK in general.

How about actually looking into it or providing some reasoning, anyone can say such preposterous and dumb things...

Yes there definitely needs to be more information on Coracles and other vital aspects.

Another Woehammerer. Yawn.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

PonySlaystation's Avatar Tiro

i myself i am very eager for this release and i hope CA can implement most of the factions over time (i would love to see skaven and dark elves at some point) in a rewarding and strategic interesting setting and with a huge map. its a refreshing new start after bazillions of "historic" titles. there is so much potential in so many aspects: magic, faction leader progression with side quests and items, many factions with various different and unique units and huuuuge differences in gameplay between the factions.

and maybe you should do something against your fairy addiction.
    Last edited by PonySlaystation; July 26, 2015 at 02:37 AM.
    Ferrum Noricum

TEAM SKAVEN
    TEAM DARK ELVES
    TEAM TOMB KINGS

I must say I'm surprised how high expectations are... Memento Rome II? is everyone's memory so short? =) it's still the same company. I must say you guys have some awesome ideas here, but I wouldn't hold my hopes too high... They will probably produce a game not ready for a release and fill their coffers from preorders and then pick a new project (and no, if you preorder the game they will not put that money into development of the game. they will deliver on deadline. because money). Why do I have this feeling? Because Attila did correct some things which Rome II lacked, but it was still plain boring game. Like someone before said... if they won't concentrate on the campaign like there are no battles to play, this will be another mindless RTS. Why even bother with a campaign map and stuff like that? Just start producing pure RTSs... that would be better, tbh. So yeah, I'm reserved. I guess I might say I learn from the past and I don't believe CA is really so much into satisfaction of it's costumers than it is interested in pure profit. And Rome II made profit. And it was crap. Why would they worry about what users really think about the game? =)

Senator

If it's on a new engine, one that can cope with battering rams and siege towers, and fighting in close formation, and city walls, and ladders, and sea battles that include ramming and boarding, properly, then it could be good.

If it's another Warscape engine mess like Rome II it won't be worth playing. From the posts i've read about "magical ladders" I'm guessing it's warscape and will be a mess unfortunately. Hope i'm wrong, but after Rome II i won't be trusting any reviews by critics or PC magazines, only player reviews on metacritic (even critic reviews of Rome II on metacritic were whitewashes). If, 6 months or a year after release, the player reviews satisfy my it might be worth playing, then i might buy it. Otherwise i never will.

August's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Dunadd View Post
    If it's on a new engine, one that can cope with battering rams and siege towers, and fighting in close formation, and city walls, and ladders, and sea battles that include ramming and boarding, properly, then it could be good.

If it's another Warscape engine mess like Rome II it won't be worth playing. From the posts i've read about "magical ladders" I'm guessing it's warscape and will be a mess unfortunately. Hope i'm wrong, but after Rome II i won't be trusting any reviews by critics or PC magazines, only player reviews on metacritic (even critic reviews of Rome II on metacritic were whitewashes). If, 6 months or a year after release, the player reviews satisfy my it might be worth playing, then i might buy it. Otherwise i never will.
    I urge you not to necro threads.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

~ Well, necroing it was enough, so no need to keep it up with further posts. Closed ~