Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for the next patch

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Default Ideas for the next patch

I was wondering if you guys would like for CA to implement the short victory conditions system from Attila to Rome II with the release of Attila?

Also, I was wondering if you would also like for us to be able to nickname our units if we see it fit, like for example, I had a unit of Triarii that held the entire reinforcing garisson force of a town while I rear charged the main enemy force and wiped them out and I would have loved to nickname them as "The Heroes of Nemetocena" and remember them throughout the rest of my campaign. The unit would be still named Triarii but under that its nickname would appear.

Opinions?
    RTWRM - back to basics

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Ideas for the next patch

I always liked the Nickname mechanic in Empire Tw, would love to see it return.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Include the toggle that is in Attila to choose whether you want units to fade out when you get too close to avoid clipping, or not if you want to be able to zoom as close as possible.
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

I think most of the Attila's fixes will be released as an update for Rome 2 on its release or a week later. That's why we haven't heard anything new since Empire Edition came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafkos View Post
    I think most of the Attila's fixes will be released as an update for Rome 2 on its release or a week later. That's why we haven't heard anything new since Empire Edition came out.
    Since EE came out we had transport ships being made into real transport ships. That was BIG!
    RTWRM - back to basics

Semisalis

T I would like to see something done about slums. I took and destroyed a town and tore down the buildings with the intent that it would rebel

the resulting slums from one region used up all the food and money from my 15 region empire. This is not balanced
    Last edited by Col.KanKrusha; January 12, 2015 at 10:58 PM.
    ~ Too soon old, too late smart ~

Quote Originally Posted by Col.KanKrusha View Post
    T I would like to see something done about slums. I took and destroyed a town and tore down the buildings with the intent that it would rebel

the resulting slums from one region used up all the food and money from my 15 region empire. This is not balanced
    Do not tax the region with the slums. I think that gets you out of your problem.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Do we even know if there will be another patch?

Posts deleted. Can we stick to the topic please.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Semisalis

Thanks Petronius. I forgot to add doing something about agent spam would be good too, modders have done it so it should be easy to balance this

edit - and no, we don't know if there Will be another patch but we can hope
    Last edited by Col.KanKrusha; January 13, 2015 at 12:04 PM.
    ~ Too soon old, too late smart ~

On the wiki page on the patch notes it says next patch coming soon. As far as I know, someone looked up some placeholders in Steam and it seems that there will be 2 more DLCs too. Maybe a Revolts one, since they have not released a DLC that went with the Briton revolt trailer advertised at the release of the game, considering that they have released a DLC for every other advertising trailers.
    There will be a next patch, do not worry.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Petroniu View Post
    On the wiki page on the patch notes it says next patch coming soon. As far as I know, someone looked up some placeholders in Steam and it seems that there will be 2 more DLCs too. Maybe a Revolts one, since they have not released a DLC that went with the Briton revolt trailer advertised at the release of the game, considering that they have released a DLC for every other advertising trailers.
    There will be a next patch, do not worry.
    which will hopefully add more to the main campaign

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Petroniu View Post
    Maybe a Revolts one, since they have not released a DLC that went with the Briton revolt trailer advertised at the release of the game, considering that they have released a DLC for every other advertising trailers.
    What Briton revolt trailer? I remember a promotional picture of Roman and Iceni units not in the game, but I don't remember a trailer. I would play the out of a post-invasion Britain campaign, with a Boudicca revolt similar to Vercingetorix's revolt, I found Caesar in Gaul the most fun out of the released add-ons. Ironically, the similarity of the two ideas, and hence its appeal for me, probably means CA won't make such a campaign for fear of being accused of lack of originality or DLC whoring.
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

I hope they fix the problem with the direct x it so annoying my false line was removed after a patch so i cant get turn of directx 11 properly like before to get rid of black squares i keep getting this instead seems to be rome2 all other total war games work great hope CA will fix this in the next patch.[IMG][/IMG]

Nicknames for individual cohorts sounds really great.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Well? I will be honest, I have no hope for Rome 2 now. I bet CA gonna leave Rome 2 for good (all resources gonna be for Attila and Warhammer)

I don't think CA gonna listen what this thread request at all.... its not that sad though because I been enjoy Rome 2 until now (of course, with mods since vanilla is so boredom)

If there anything I could hope for, I hope they fix animations or add the new one, especially pushing, hoplite fightings, units charging (its wishing after all, I don't expected its gonna be real)
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

Dont worry all, the Rome 2 1.0 patch will be out one day...

Garrisons that grow with the upgrades so generals don't just become mayors.

Bloody antialiasing!
    ...ὣς οἵ γ᾽ ἀμφίεπον τάφον Ἕκτορος ἱπποδάμοιο.

=ANTiKES='s Avatar Miles

l
    Last edited by =ANTiKES=; January 19, 2015 at 03:21 PM. Reason: censor bypassing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast