Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Forum Closed

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Forum Closed

I am so pissed I don't even know where to start.

But I will be damned if I am going to allow TWC to be used for this considering many of the players here directly undermined everything I and lots of others were trying to do on the MCC site, even way back when Remlap was still running it. It was nothing but a constant fight all summer long and when I leave for a month for personal reasons I find this?

The dozens of players that flat out insulted people, wreaked havoc among the community, cheated, and did all kinds of other nefarious crap are not going to be rewarded for helping to destroy MCC by having a "community" forum on TWC. I don't want to be associated with it at all.

Default Re: Forum Closed

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    I am so pissed I don't even know where to start.

But I will be damned if I am going to allow TWC to be used for this considering many of the players here directly undermined everything I and lots of others were trying to do on the MCC site, even way back when Remlap was still running it. It was nothing but a constant fight all summer long and when I leave for a month for personal reasons I find this?

The dozens of players that flat out insulted people, wreaked havoc among the community, cheated, and did all kinds of other nefarious crap are not going to be rewarded for helping to destroy MCC by having a "community" forum on TWC. I don't want to be associated with it at all.
    Hey GED, to be fair, I understand your frustration, although I was really glad we came back to TWC, and it had some very valid reasons.

The MCC forums and both server were constantly down or lagging so much that you couldn't play. Not only last map, but actually since map 3. For that reason many people left. Now some decided to host a server on their own instead, that worked and there is almost no lag now. There were constant problems with MCC. That's not to blame you, or anyone who put a lot of effort ant time to get it working, but that's just the facts. And now even MCC is just down, as usual; http://www.minecraftcenter.net/forums/activity.php

also don't really know about which players your talking about, but as you might have noticed while browsing the forums of the new community server on TWC, most are TWC members. Not much to do with people from MCC. Most who play now, are actually the same people that have played on map 1 or 2 from the old TWC servers.... While it was still hosted from here anyway. Like me, for example.
    Last edited by Diglytron; January 11, 2015 at 05:08 AM. Reason: missing words

The map was unplayable and the forums went down completely, along with the wiki. Database error for about a month. The community was only alive because of the forums and we had no 'hub' as it were, so these were opened to prevent the community from disappearing entirely. It's not that we've chosen to come back here to undermine anything you've done, or anyone else for that matter, we came here because we had no choice. The community is thriving right now, which surely was the goal. Closing it down because it wasn't done your way is an absolute embarrassment.

King of Belka's Avatar Campidoctor

I don't see where this anger directed at i'm assuming Ditronian is coming from. He has stepped up countless times to keep your community at MCC alive when it stagnated through unofficial channels like he is doing now, like he did with the siege server and Rust tribes. He has been more than willing to cooperate with your mod team at MCC as well but they are nowhere to be seen. I think you may have lost sight over the years on what this community was about when the first official server was made, killing people and building awesome stuff, and now we are back to doing that in the system the community actually likes (factions.) I didn't agree with your decision to move us to another website, I also felt you abused your power when you banned Hektorus for rules you were breaking yourself, and now here you are accusing people of destroying your community.

You and your staff did that yourself by releasing an unfinished server with a war plugin that didn't allow multiple front wars, that had terrible lag, with mods that would bend rules in their favor. I let that crap slide before out of respect for what you have done for the TWC and MCC communities. But with this post and overall paranoid attitude, I am not on your side anymore and I guarantee you that you have just burnt plenty more bridges with this post. I suggest taking a step back and asking yourself if people really ever wanted MCC, or Towny, or this petty going around because of it.

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

First of all, welcome back GED. It's good to see you are still around.

The MCC forum has been down for well over a month, the server even longer. With nowhere to talk, to play and no idea where you were or when you would return (according to Hawk), what would you have done? Just sit around with no idea what's going on and hope for the best? Ditronian was kind enough to host a server for those of us remaining and Poach helped us migrate back here (which I see you have punished him for already). I was glad to help setting up some things on the plugin side.

If you were planning to pull the plug on MCC before you left, just say so. You know I respect you a lot, and you know how grateful I am for everything you have done. But please, don't come marching in here after being gone for 2 months and pretend that somehow moving back to TWC killed MCC, as there was not even an MCC left where we could stay. This is not some nefarious scheme to kill MCC, this was done to keep the community from vanishing.

And I would like to ask everyone to keep his calm, unlike Jay above me.
    Last edited by Mangerman; January 11, 2015 at 06:00 AM.

So many good things have happened in the last weeks with the migration to back to TWC:

1. An inclusive community with good server leadership under Ditronian that includes faction leaders in a community decision making process.
    2. An more active and friendly server.
    3. The making of amends between the leaders of the Kingdoms at War community with the new leadership of TWC Community Server and the migration of KaW over to TWC making it a unified and pleasurable community.
    4. The return of active wars conflicts.

Nothing but good has been done through this new experience despite the technical and activity shutdown of MCC. Ditronian has been nothing but reasonable and understanding through this whole process and it would be a shame that in one simple move all the progress done by making this new server work and making the of amends would be mitigated in one single action.

Well he did just shut down the forums for our server which was a very rational and calm decision Mang.

Hello GED, welcome back.

The first thing I want to say is that I really liked my time playing on the old official TWC PvP maps and later the MCC maps. I understand your anger, "suddenly" is MCC not being used and "poof" there is a TWC minecraft again.

I do respect Ditronian for doing this for us, the last map on MCC with towny was a disaster. The map was dead for months, and so quickly, that never happened before. I also saw the forums dying, what never happened before...and last but not least MCC turned black for a month.

I really like this map, with factions back and I hope you will rethink your decision of closing the forum.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quite a petty reaction, but whatever, your call. I do however enjoy the irony of one of your last new rules on the MCC board was something along the lines of banning people who didn't use the forums enough.

I have to ask. What did you expect to accomplish by throwing a tantrum on the forums and essentially wrecking all our things? Do you believe the community you just crippled will take kindly to that?

Mike92574's Avatar Tiro
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hey GED,

I think we can all understand why you're annoyed and I think people have outlined some good reasons above as to why Ditronian did what he did and how the community has benefitted from it.

I personally think that the move back to TWC has really improved the community as it has attracted past players to come back and seemingly for an extended period of time (such as Mangerman), rather than for a week like old players have done on new maps in the past. Though this server may not experience a surge of 100 people for an hour like the last map, what it does have is a steady foundation of people that enjoy the server, are more mature and have a more similar mindset to how minecraft factions should be played (ie the diplomacy is alot better since alot of the new players joining come from TWC, not some random place on the internet).

I really hope you reconsider your decision about closing the forums as I personally have not enjoyed playing on the server as much since map 3 (over a year ago).

This approach is the sure fire way to make people go back to the old ways 110%.

And this is why we can't have nice things.

I understand your frustration GED, if I were in your shoes, yes I would be too. I pissed off my friends who staffed MCC, by helping Ditronian kickstart the Community Server. Now I never knew we were coming back here until Poach invited us back, the plan was to set this up at MCC initially but since we were invited back, that would be very good for the playerbase. And then the MCC forums + database went down and we were left with no choice. A lot of people wanted to come back here, I did it for the good of the community, do you honestly think I would willingly stab my friends in the back like that by coming back here because we hated MCC? No, truth was, the community was dying and nothing was being done about it, and this was a last stand. Or we'd lose absolutely everything we've worked on and the legacy we had.

Fact is, we managed to do more in 2 weeks over Christmas than what MCC did in 6 months (in reference to getting Map 5 up). And we've been averaging 30 players every single night, always different names too! Not just that we're attracting new users to TWC, many people are creating accounts on forums to play on the server.

Let me remind you that, leaderless armies create chaos on the battlefield.
    Last edited by Sanny; January 11, 2015 at 08:07 AM.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

This has nothing to do with Ditronian, nor with Sanny.

I have been extremely frustrated with the MC players in general for quite some time now. And I simply am not going to be slapped in the face anymore. I am not going to have the animosity that was going on with MCC translate to TWC, and this is something I specifically told Poach months ago. I told him via TS that I would pull the plug on MCC before I brought things back to TWC. I was not happy at all with the atmosphere on MCC that started between old and new staff members and spilled over very publicly into the forums. Some of these people seemed determined to undermine everything that was being tried, even to the point of insulting me personally and driving certain other members off the site.

I very nearly shut it down before I bought the new game server in August. In retrospect I probably should have.

With the recent tech problems, here is what I can tell you:

1. The site database error I didn't even bother to look at. I just shut down the web services on that machine. The fact that nobody bothered to send me an email is irritating as hell, especially as lots of people involved have my main email address that I even receive on my phone anyplace in the world I happen to be. Not once did anyone ever tell me there was a database error. Possibly that board was/is having issues again.

2. The game server was operating perfectly before I shut it down. I didn't run around testing plugins so I cant promise they were fully functional, but the base machine was.

When I say getting slapped in the face, here is what I mean.

1. Numerous occasions of people abusing other people on MCC, sometimes led by some ex MCC staff members. It was completely ridiculous and when I came down on the Dwarves for it their response was "well then we will take our faction posting someplace else". Which they obviously did as their posting on the site pretty much went to 0 especially inside their faction forum.

2. The ridiculous amounts of problems with peoples behavior in general, both in game and on the forums. Behavior that you all know would get you heavily infracted on TWC. I tried to be as diplomatic as possible with lots of that, to no avail. Some of these people I should have just banned I guess.

3. When I tried to rework the faction forums and put some sort of new structure in place all I got was negativity and outright hostility.

4. The fact that known cheaters and others are being allowed back on the community server. If you guys want to associate with people like that, then by all means go ahead. Just don't expect me to support it.

So go get your own site, and do what you want with it.

It's sad to see this happen. Far as I understood, the re-launch on TWC really is the MCC community trying to survive. It has all been good, positive, and as you can see, the community is thriving and growing again.

I sincerely hope you reconsider. Life is too short for bitterness. There comes a time for everyone to bury old hatchets, and pull together to make something successful. This is what has happened. There is an opportunity here for you to score a big win and be a force for reconciliation instead of a destroyer. I hope you take that opportunity.

Best Regards,
    Firebird

Looks like Vulcans will be moving back to Kingdoms at War. I will need to check with Gollum if that can be used as a host for a revived community. We will see when I have more info and permission.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    This has nothing to do with Ditronian, nor with Sanny.

I have been extremely frustrated with the MC players in general for quite some time now. And I simply am not going to be slapped in the face anymore. I am not going to have the animosity that was going on with MCC translate to TWC, and this is something I specifically told Poach months ago. I told him via TS that I would pull the plug on MCC before I brought things back to TWC. I was not happy at all with the atmosphere on MCC that started between old and new staff members and spilled over very publicly into the forums. Some of these people seemed determined to undermine everything that was being tried, even to the point of insulting me personally and driving certain other members off the site.

I very nearly shut it down before I bought the new game server in August. In retrospect I probably should have.

With the recent tech problems, here is what I can tell you:

1. The site database error I didn't even bother to look at. I just shut down the web services on that machine. The fact that nobody bothered to send me an email is irritating as hell, especially as lots of people involved have my main email address that I even receive on my phone anyplace in the world I happen to be. Not once did anyone ever tell me there was a database error. Possibly that board was/is having issues again.

2. The game server was operating perfectly before I shut it down. I didn't run around testing plugins so I cant promise they were fully functional, but the base machine was.

When I say getting slapped in the face, here is what I mean.

1. Numerous occasions of people abusing other people on MCC, sometimes led by some ex MCC staff members. It was completely ridiculous and when I came down on the Dwarves for it their response was "well then we will take our faction posting someplace else". Which they obviously did as their posting on the site pretty much went to 0 especially inside their faction forum.

2. The ridiculous amounts of problems with peoples behavior in general, both in game and on the forums. Behavior that you all know would get you heavily infracted on TWC. I tried to be as diplomatic as possible with lots of that, to no avail. Some of these people I should have just banned I guess.

3. When I tried to rework the faction forums and put some sort of new structure in place all I got was negativity and outright hostility.

4. The fact that known cheaters and others are being allowed back on the community server. If you guys want to associate with people like that, then by all means go ahead. Just don't expect me to support it.

So go get your own site, and do what you want with it.
    Maybe a large part of the problem is that you personally don't play, so you don't know what people that were playing on the server want but you were still coming up with new rules, new ideas - which is probably very nice of you - but those were things nobody wanted or was looking for.

I don't know what your talking about, but if you mean the looting, forcing people of your land, planning to kill, terrorize and occupy other people in a video game, your probably right. If you don't want that, you shouldn't have come with a MC PVP/Kingdom/Faction server in the first place. Cause I can tell you, I've been looted countless times, but in the end, stealing someone's resources he spend time mining on just feels to good. Something which again, you probably don't understand as you are not playing yourself.

No it wasn't. The Plugins were broken and the lag was terrible.

Now, ofcourse its your site. And your forums, and I feel pity with you that you spend so many she- I mean dollars on servers and such, but if the thing you want, isn't what the community wants, then its pointless to continue with it.

So now you can force us off from TWC, which would be a pity since many of us just like me, have been enjoying this forums a lot in the 5 years since I've joined. Minecraft was the thing that brought me personally at least, back to TWC every time. But if you are blocking it off, I guess we simply indeed, like you say it have to go to another place. Which is a pity, both for us as you, I think.

TBF I've seen you better in other times. The tone and voice you've used on MCC was something you've should have infracted yourself for. The way you were showing you were indeed the owner and in charge, something which is true of course, but isn't needed to show around every time you want to push your own ideas through, was something that made me want to leave MCC anyway. And how you've been addressing Poach, as I see you removed his hex, is just a dick move GED. He was the one keeping the community alive EVERY time MCC died since the start. And that happened way more often then just last month.

I also don't get why you suddenly won't allow a thread for a server like the community server inside the TWC minecraft forums. It looks a bit like Maxeth said earlier in this thread, that you can't stand that the success this current community server has was without you or MCC and thus has to be shut down. Sure, we know TWC was not very democratic and rational, and this drama is just like the other drama's I've seen before and enjoyed a lot to read. But then it wasn't the staff who would make such a drama out of nothing.
    Last edited by Diglytron; January 11, 2015 at 10:08 AM. Reason: الخلاصة ... دراما رديئة وسيرك ممتلئ &a

Sorry GED but can I ask who? (With the exception of Celoxia) Or is this a rumour you've heard, you can go check the Moderation forums if you want, its all there.

We only let back people who were swearing, being explicit etc. as that is a minor incident and not something like they were hacking and disrupting people's fun? I also recall MCC granting amnesty to the same group of players on the last map. However we stuck to the TWC member conduct and rules for the forums, and carried out moderation to these rules. If you seriously had a problem with some players that are playing now, why did you ban them at MCC and not ban them from TWC as well? I get the feeling you don't like the Minecraft community at all, hence why you casted us apart from TWC in the first place. I mean all of your staff jumped ship when that happened, and then continued to jump ship at MCC.

At the end of the day, this is a game. People just want to have fun, and you're defeating everything Total War Center stands for by making all of us now feel unwelcome. This is a great site with great staff and great content, so why do you not want a great server too?
    Last edited by Sanny; January 11, 2015 at 09:32 AM.

I guess it works to his advantage he can shut down our forum and ban us if he wants to instead of making a hurt feelings report like the rest of us.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast