View Poll Results: How would you like to have the cam feature in Attila TW

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option 1: Revert to the old state of the cam in Attila (Rome 2 prepatch 14)

6 9.68%
  • Option 2: Keep the current state for the cam in Attila (fadeout)

3 4.84%
  • Option 3: I kindly request CA to implement that toggle to please both preferences, alike Halloween visuals are toggleable, too

44 70.97%
  • Option 4: I don't have a specific opinion.

9 14.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attila and the cam fadeout

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Attila and the cam fadeout

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    i have voted the first option in order to emphasize the fact that i hate that fade out thing, but i would certainly be happy with option three.
    Very nice post Alqamar i hope they wont force ghosts on as in Attila also but give as the option to get rid of them
    Thanks, I tried to write the post as neutral as I could be in this matter to avoid influencing opinions. Given your threads title is really raged, but I can understand that from your point of view.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatiRex View Post
    According to Lionheart, it seems they have taken notice and have added a toggle to Attila

If its true:

In before people argue that complaining has no influence on decisions.

And good job on the poll AlQamar, even individuals who emphasized every little objectivity weaknesses in your previous polls cant say a word against that thread.
    Even though one could say the "kindly" is a bit too nice, and the halloween reference too illustrative of the superiority of that option
    Last edited by Butan; January 10, 2015 at 07:59 AM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Butan View Post
    If its true:

In before people argue that complaining has no influence on decisions.

And good job on the poll AlQamar, even individuals who emphasized every little objectivity weaknesses in your previous polls cant say a word against that thread.
    Even though one could say the "kindly" is a bit too nice, and the halloween reference too illustrative of the superiority of that option
    Thanks Butan! I used the Halloween toggle as a reference because it is one of rare examples where CA made changes the UI design and implemented a toggleable feature. Other examples are twitch integration and unlimited memory toggle.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Lionheart. Do you happen to know what types of anti aliasing are in the game? Just MLAA?

Lionheartx10's Avatar Youtube Crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Greve Af Göteborg View Post
    Lionheart. Do you happen to know what types of anti aliasing are in the game? Just MLAA?
    I'm away from my PC that has the preview build on till tomorrow night but I will check the other options under anti-aliasing on the preview build and report back for you!
    “To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”

http://www.youtube.com/user/lionheartx10

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheartx10 View Post
    I'm away from my PC that has the preview build on till tomorrow night but I will check the other options under anti-aliasing on the preview build and report back for you!
    Great, thanks! I appreciate it.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

even though it is of topic I am curious like you Greve Many thanks Lion!

Great news. A reminder imho that the claim CA "doesnt care" just aint true.

Now they only have to include this into Rome...

Quote Originally Posted by Greve Af Göteborg View Post
    Ok so here is a screenshot of the AA options that were in the preview build. Again from what I've since been told this build is actually rather old and not that representative of where they are now with the development ie, should be a lot more polished etc. So there COULD potentially be more AA options by now, but this is what was available in the preview build.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

“To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

omfg.. real antialiasing seems to be back. Praise the Lord! Well I think that my 670 might get insufficient for this game, but I will report you about that once I got the game in my library. I don't regret the preorder for this considerable cheap price I had to pay and looking forward to continue the benchmark thread finally
    The only thing I would like to know if they are writing logfiles for the benchmark again (removed in Rome 2) in the %appdata% folder of Attila. Can you please answer me this @Lion?

This would be a great help for comparisions and checking authencity of submissions.
    Last edited by alQamar; January 12, 2015 at 06:14 AM.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Wth is Porthole quality? It sounds weird?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    Some kind of fetish, I don't know, may be a British thing.

@Lionheart: Thanks, nice to see some actual AA in the game.

Thanks Lionheart, and the "proximity fading" validate the "togglable" fade out

spiderknight's Avatar Ordinarius

Perhaps we could get a toggle option for the rediculous things the soldiers say in battles. Still one of the worst things about rome 2. Hearing my soldiers shout about graveyard whores and what not ever 30 seconds makes me want to quit playing.
    Last edited by spiderknight; January 12, 2015 at 04:20 PM.

That determines whether the Character portrait of Generals etc is in 3D or 2D I believe!

That determines whether the Character portrait of Generals etc is in 3D or 2D I believe!
    Then they really listen to us!.... in the "graphical options" CA department

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Seems like a spelling and should be "portrait quality" instead. Or perhaps it is the 3D effect you have at shores now.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Wow are you allow to look into the files? and see how it looks like or just turn it on and off.

I mean that would mean general_1.vdm most have a 2d picture related to him as in general_1.png/dds

And how does smaller cities upgraded to walled city?
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; January 13, 2015 at 10:22 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Picked option 4 as it is the closest to my feeling, which is that it is not that big a deal to me.
    "The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them." - Samuel McChord Crothers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12