Thread: out of game error.

Lord Caim's Avatar Libertus

Default out of game error.

First of all, i would like to express my appreciation for the creators of this mod. If i could play it, i would have many more wonderful things to say, I'm sure. My favorite time in Chinese history(probably the best) and the soul of some of my favorite game series around.

But i digress. I have installed the mod (which i downloaded the zipped in 3 segments option) And it seems successful. as i go to click on the exe to run it, disaster strikes.
    the attached image is a picture of the error box that appears when i click the exe. After i click okay, the exe that i just clicked on disappears, so i tried the steam one, to the same end.

did i miss some other setup on my part? i looked for a while and cant see anything I'm doing wrong. I have performed several complete deletions and registry removals, followed by a completely clean install each time. the filepaths seem appropriate, and the whole mod with all of its files seems to be here.

I am using windows 7 home premium 64 bit, i have fully disabled my UAC, i tried running the exe as an administrator, and i don't use steam. i have applied a large address aware patch to the kingdoms.exe, but it did not change the file path or any such thing. if it helps, i have no issue playing other mods both before and after this install.

I would like to apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but i did not believe it fit to be in the error reporting, as an error log has not been generated, and this is probably some degree of user error.

Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated

Regards,
    Caim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ROTK ERROR.png  

Lord Caim's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: out of game error.

So. Nevermind.

The issue was that i forgot to create an exception to the modified exe file in Avast antivirus, for anyone who wanted to know. I would've set this as an edit but i dont have the posts to do that yet.

and this is probably some degree of user error.
    Well, i was spot on.
    my apologies for the period of incompetence.

Anyway this is completely solved, and should be closed.

PS. The game is out freakin standing.