Thread: [DEI 1.02] Slower Battle Mod

Default [DEI 1.02] Slower Battle Mod

Slower Battle Mod

DEI 1.02 version but STILL WORKS WITH 1.04, of the slower battle mod. This only changes in-battle stuff, and has no changes to the campaign or elsewhere.

This version is adapted to the newest release of DEI, with killrates adjusted from the previous version

THIS MOD BRINGS YOU:

-Slower battles with a more prolonged melee.
    -Morale system tweaked slightly to compensate, but still overall retains the dynamic DEI flavour.
    -Unit fatigue altered to compensate for longer battles.
    -Combat animations are way more fluid (adapted from Mester's realistic combat animations)

OVERALL: This mod retains everything you love about DEI while providing slightly increased battle length for those of you who prefer the increased opportunity for tactics, unit-cycling, reserves, and the like.

DOWNLOAD

Version 4:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ms...ttleBeta4.pack

Version 4 with Mester's combat animation changes:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/f9...leBeta4MA.pack

Version 4 with Mester's combat animation changes but WITHOUT his spacing changes:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?nbsljedwa7p9ses

TO INSTALL:

Download, put in data folder. Using the mod manager place this above DEI. That is all!

Hope you guys enjoy, feedback is always appreciated.

Changelog:

1/11/2015: Added Mester's animations without his spacing changes.
    1/9/2015: Fixed a few issues and made a few decision about the 1.0 DEI kv_rules. Properly segregated these changes into the two versions.
    1/7/2015: Updated for 1.02, beta version
    12/20/2014: Tweaked secondary attack probability, changed some projectile morale effects
    12/17/2014: Added no unit spacing version, so far there doesn't seem to be a compatibility problem with 16.1
    11/11/2014: Updated merged version for Mester's visually accurate battles v4
    11/07/2014: Now offering a merged version with Mester's visually accurate historical battle for better combat action! Still has the same pace as the original. See the download section!

Thanks to:
    MESTER for his awesome animation mod and helping me identify merging updates
    BullGod for his original implementation of the slower battle mod
    The Creative Assembly for my favorite series
    YOU, for playing this game, you sexy beast
    Last edited by Mesthione; March 03, 2015 at 02:11 PM.

Default Re: [DEI 1.02] Slower Battle Mod

Awesome thanks!

I was waiting for this update ! Thank you very much !

Glad you enjoy it! Let me know how you feel about the kill rate and morale compared to the 0.96. Many things have changed with 1.0, and so a lot of things I did in the update were guesses to try to preserve a good pace.

Have you tried playing around with NO 1v1 combat animations? Someone else had a go with that, and units suddenly acted like Rome 1 and kept their ranks etc. Also you could have more then 1 person engaging a soldier at once.

Updated a few things, please use the latest version! The 1v1 issue should be much better!

Do the animations form Mester include the random barbarian unit spacings

Yes.

To remove it just delete the spacing table in the pack, or bug me about it and I'll throw one up with the next version.

could you add Caesar's Legions Named and Numbered for EE DEI to this slow battle mod ? becoue they got standard defend stats, far les then other units.

Just use the mod manager to load it above caesar's legions, it should work fine.

Also I added a version with Mester's animation changes but without his spacing changes.

thx for help !

Using this mod for almost a week now and i really like it. Only thing that feels to slow is when youre climbing walls and you have to fight a unit defending it. But thats a thing i can deal with.

I really like this mod and i think i couldnt go back to play without it. Thanks for the mod.

malkekoen's Avatar Civis

Great mod. Missed Bullgod's old slower battles, so I'm very thankful you did this!

Thanks for the positive feedback! Again, if you think anything is really off, let me know and I can consider some tweaking.

An update would be great! KAM's slower battle mod is still too fast. I like to sit there and watch the melee infantry go at it.

JHN71,

Thanks for the poke. I am not entirely against updating this modification, but I must confess the amount of tables changed - coupled with the difficulty in cross-checking this with every DEI update to any unit, makes it a challenge to keep compatible.

I would recommend using the official Slower Battle mod for now and see how you think it goes. It is what I have been using. If you give that a shot and find it terrible let me know and I'll try to get this back online in a few days.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Mesthione View Post
    JHN71,

Thanks for the poke. I am not entirely against updating this modification, but I must confess the amount of tables changed - coupled with the difficulty in cross-checking this with every DEI update to any unit, makes it a challenge to keep compatible.

I would recommend using the official Slower Battle mod for now and see how you think it goes. It is what I have been using. If you give that a shot and find it terrible let me know and I'll try to get this back online in a few days.
    There won't be any more updates pre 1.2, so you can make a version now for the current 1.1 or hold off until 1.2 is out.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Quick question.... I googled "Mesters combat animation" and got nothing is this a standalone mod? I'm interested what changes it makes to the combat animations because I feel like they are too few and far between in DEI. Like 95% of kills when watching a battle is just the notorious "dude falling over out of nowhere" and I would like to see more of the gory kill animations...

Thanks Mesthione, I would not want you to do all the work for 1 person. I will continue to use Kam's slower battle mod for now.