Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    One of my generals obtained a "grievously wounded" trait, despite not being in battle for three turns.

Well, I probably should elaborate, circumstances are peculiar.

I played as Dorwinion and Dale had threatened my western border before, so my main army had marched west to the second starting province. In that turn I also got besieged at Eryn Rhûn by East Rhun, and beat of the attack with two axemen, one archer and the general (was quite nasty).
    Dale had besieged my town and my main army got stuck just one tile from Dale's host, and I had to end the turn. Dale send up a diplomat offering to become a protectorate, so of course I accepted, lest I lose one town and a significant portion of my army. Next turn, I of course send a diplomat to Dale myself, cancelling the 'alliance', and moved my main army back east, because a really small army of E-Rhûn dared to lay siege to my capital. So, my main army was sitting in the rebel territory where Gaurgaul is, I end turn, and suddenly my general, who's been just marching around for two turns, was "grievously wounded".
    The number of turns not being in battle has nothing to do with healing received wounds. It's the not ending a turn in a settlement that makes the wound become worse.
    For comparison, check the EDCT, trigger section for this starts with
    Code:
    Trigger wounded_serious_wounds_worsen
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition Trait Wounded = 3
              and not EndedInSettlement
              and Trait Vitality < 6

Affects Wounded  1  Chance  60
        Affects Wounded  1  Chance  30
    and continues. So in order to have a chance to heal your wounds, your general needs to end his turn in a settlement, not outside of it and since he ended his turn in rebel territory and not in a settlement of yours, that happend.

Not a bug, works as intended.

Edit: as with regards to why he got the trait before you received the message, the trait is applied at CharacterTurnEnd and an autosave is generated until after all player turn end events (settlementturnend and characterturnend) have fired and before the next AI factions turn start events fire, while the message will only pop up at the start of your next turn start events.

As for receiving wounds for failed assassination attempts, no, assassination has no effect on the wounded trait.

As for best ways to heal a received wound: park your general in a settlement, leave all his movement points untouched (i.e. don't move him during the turn) and have a high tier healer in that settlement.
    Last edited by Aikanár; January 07, 2015 at 01:25 AM.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Doomsday's Avatar Civis

So, playing as the elves, thought I'd restore the old dwarven lands to dwarf rule. Took Gundabad and mithrin outpost, then set about marching East to attack the orodengrin and tharngarth hold. en route, i was attacked by a large force of orcs, so large I thought it best to retreat, so, clicked the retreat button. Instead of retreating, my army was destroyed and Thranduil slain. Don't know if the inabilty to retreat is a vannila bug or not, but thought I'd , mention it here. Also, my family tree isn't growing, Thranduil spent the vast majority of his time in a settlement, and his heir has never left a settlement, yet they remain the only family members I have (now minus Thranduil as stated above)
    Aymez Loyaulté

webba84's Avatar Artifex

If you try to retreat an army that doesn't have anywhere on the campaign map to retreat to they will get destroyed (its a vanilla thing too).

Doomsday's Avatar Civis

Thanks webba, thought that might be the case, been about a decade since i played vanilla, so couldn't remember
    Aymez Loyaulté

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Hah, yeah, its been a while for most of us I think. I hadn't played RTW for many years before I started working for the team here, about this time last year and it was quite a shock to see how much vanilla has aged.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

It's not aged as much as me.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Not really a bug, but Thoronburg even blocks the pass across the White Mountains even for diplomats. There's a similar problem at the High Pass and the Angmar Pass across the Misty Mountains, agents can't get through half of the time due to some stupid Orcs.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Doomsday, to answer your point about family tree not growing - with a named character in each settlement at the beginning of the game, you are unlikely to get any more family members until several of those guys 'depart for the West'. The game basically looks at how many settlements you own and how many characters you have, and if you have 'enough' characters, you won't see any more adoption offers or new births.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Yes, and if your bloodline dies out, then another will take over. The family tree only shows those who are related/married.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Not really a bug, but Thoronburg even blocks the pass across the White Mountains even for diplomats. There's a similar problem at the High Pass and the Angmar Pass across the Misty Mountains, agents can't get through half of the time due to some stupid Orcs.
    Do you think the orcs would let diplomats through, then?

Something I've seen in other mods as well, but pole arm troops don't go where commanded, lagging several meters behind. I assume it has to do with their running animations. It's not a huge deal, but it is kind of irritating and breaks immersion.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

The loremarker for Dwimormountain needs to be moved a bit. It's almost invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    The number of turns not being in battle has nothing to do with healing received wounds.
    Then I must have missed the message that he got wounded at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    Do you think the orcs would let diplomats through, then?
    My thoughts just after I posted that.
    But one lonely diplomat could've slipped through without anyone noticing. If Thorin & Company hadn't spent their night right at the Orcs' doormat, they would've arrived in Wilderland untroubled.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

IIRC you can get past the orcs at the high past on occasion, depending on where their stack there is.

Emissaries also have bodyguards, btw, so they are not alone.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Being emissary I would choose rather much longer but safer way south of Misty Mountians.

Blog Entries

The loremarker for Dwimormountain needs to be moved a bit. It's almost invisible.

Then I must have missed the message that he got wounded at all.

My thoughts just after I posted that.
    But one lonely diplomat could've slipped through without anyone noticing. If Thorin & Company hadn't spent their night right at the Orcs' doormat, they would've arrived in Wilderland untroubled.
    RTW (and M2TW(K) too) is known to sometimes omit the messages of acquired traits, especially when long sessions are run. This can and cannot happen.

Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    IIRC you can get past the orcs at the high past on occasion, depending on where their stack there is.
    Yep, it usually takes you 3-4 rounds to get passed this if not blocked (3 is optimal: 1 to move to it, 1 to move at the same hight, 1 to pass it). Sometimes an approach is blocked by a stack, sometimes not. One can either defeat those stacks or lure them away with a bait and *sinister smile* even lure them away and make them attack a flatfooted Beroning stack

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

lure them away and make them attack a flatfooted Beroning stack
    I like the way you think, sir

Blog Entries

But I cannot even write Beornings right

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

But I cannot even write Beornings right
    It's OK, no one here pays you for writing correctly

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Laetus

When using a steam install the mod does not load for some reason, it gets stuck on the startup screen. Not sure why, it doesn't give any error messages. It works fine when using a disc install.