Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Submod]: UMCenturion's Original Caesar's Legions & Units Cards

Default Re: [Submod]: New unit cards for Caesar's Legions submod

Paladin247 unpack the files with the PackFileManager and put them in the ui folder in the data, the game allways assume them first, to my knowledge!

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Jivaro, thanks but no can do. I tried to D/L PFM a week or so ago and as soon as the DL completed, Norton kicked it off my machine as unsafe. Plus, I'd rather not mess with files that don't work via mod manager, but appreciate your come back.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Dude these are beautiful. Just wanted, no, felt it a duty to say awesome job!!!!!

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Thank you sir! Looking forward to making them for your update!

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

These look great....however...subscribed and downloaded on steam but it does not show on TWC mod manager?? any ideas?all other sub mods ive downloaded on steam for DEI show.

These look great....however...subscribed and downloaded on steam but it does not show on TWC mod manager?? any ideas?all other sub mods ive downloaded on steam for DEI show. All sorted now,i just unsubscribed from mod and subscribed again and it showed up.

glad to here! I will continue to have these, but am working on Caesar's new release and should have something ready for his new units by the end of the weekend

Thats good to hear,i much prefer your style to bulldog style,great work matey.

unexpected busyness with the fam this past weekend. Will continue work on these, but will have to wait a bit longer. Work has me busy this week and trying to play catch up while getting some sleep in between. Thank you for the support!

Take all the time you need matey,some things are more important than games...maybe......

Haha games are up there tho!

Okay, so here is the deal. I have spoken with XIIICaesar and he is going to host the new unit cards in his future packs. Therefore this will not be a separate file going forward. For those still using the old pack, I will continue to host that on the steam link.

As for the new unit cards, I am currently working on the Caesarian units, and will move onto Marian when he is finished with the shields. Thank you all for the support! Here is a nice picture of what to expect! (GEMFX shaders currently used below)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Caius Bingerus's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Submod]: UMCenturion's Units Cards for XIIICaesar's Legions Of Rome

i very much appreciate your fruitful new coop-working :-) thx for your work on these cards...have some rep :-)
    ...the duty of a soldier ends only with his death...

Default Re: [Submod]: UMCenturion's Units Cards for XIIICaesar's Legions Of Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Caius Bingerus View Post
    i very much appreciate your fruitful new coop-working :-) thx for your work on these cards...have some rep :-)
    Thank you very much for your support! Truly appreciate it. Just doing what I love.

Added a non steam link to the OP. this is for version 1

The google D/L worked and looks terrific; thanks. Plus rep.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin247 View Post
    The google D/L worked and looks terrific; thanks. Plus rep.
    Excellent! Glad to see it working. Thank you very much for the rep Paladin!

UMC,
    I have spoken with XIIICaesar and he is going to host the new unit cards in his future packs. Therefore this will not be a separate file going forward.
    As above, wasn't this mod supposed to be routinely part of Caesar's Legions mod? Because the latest on his thread says these cards won't work with his latest version. And my experience is that they don't; if I play with his latest, my unit cards revert to Bullgod's even tho I have yours loaded at the top where they previously worked fine. As I've said over there, I vastly prefer yours. One of the latest posts there says that it's not the latest versions of Dei that are the problem, but Caesar's latest that redoes texture files. I understand that if I revert to the previous Caesar's mod, yours will work, but I'd rather not do that. Any solution on the horizon?
    Last edited by Paladin247; September 07, 2015 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin247 View Post
    UMC,

As above, wasn't this mod supposed to be routinely part of Caesar's Legions mod? Because the latest on his thread says these cards won't work with his latest version. And my experience is that they don't; if I play with his latest, my unit cards revert to Bullgod's even tho I have yours loaded at the top where they previously worked fine. As I've said over there, I vastly prefer yours. One of the latest posts there says that it's not the latest versions of Dei that are the problem, but Caesar's latest that redoes texture files. I understand that if I revert to the previous Caesar's mod, yours will work, but I'd rather not do that. Any solution on the horizon?
    Thanks for the kind words. This was made for his first batch. I believe he has revamped a lot of his textures. Not working? It should, as long as the unit cards are named what is in his units_variants tables and the mod loads first. If he includes going forward that would be fine. But I believe he has bullgod style in his pack that is overwriting everything. Anyway, not at the home computer and will double check to see what the issue may be when I can. Although since he has changed some textures, esp on shields, these may not match.

A few days time I will also have the older versions up along with the unit cards. This will require Caesar's pack, as it will only change textures and unit cards. It will require his pack to have the units balanced correctly in the updated version of DEI. Stay tuned....

Thanks again for all continued support. Glad people have still enjoyed the cards.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast