Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buildings icons

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Buildings icons

After this mod will be transferred to Attila Total War, perhaps will be need recast on the Buildings icons.
    So, this is my proposal, based on medieval manuscripts.

[IMG][/IMG]

Default Re: Buildings icons

I must say that those look pretty good. I like the idea a lot. Go for it!

YES!!!!!!! The more accurately medieval, the better! THAT'S how you use contemporary artwork correctly, CA. Take notes.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

So I started with marine slots

[IMG][/IMG]

At the moment I make them in my opinion, it's possible they can't be in that order in the final version. This is only my suggestion

These are looking really great, I am looking forward to seeing some of your other building ideas.

As I watched the preview of Attila Total War, I decided to make another kind of building icons - more realistic ... as close to Attila Total War!
    Please voted to those who you like more - those with medieval illustrations or realistic. And then those with more votes can make them official ... others to submode
    So everyone will be happy ... I think!

I prefer the more realistic!

[IMG][/IMG]

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

hard to chose. I like both in fact. The more realistic is more pleasing to my eye, due to the pleasant blu probably, but I really like the medieval one as well, due to the feel of it.
    I vote for the medieval one, but only because it gives a more authentic feel to it. but I definbitely would like to see the realistic one as a submod. or vice versa

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

I like the medieval one more, it blends better with the mods atmosphere.

Wow, so much talent !
    This is an beautiful piece of art.

I'm for the historical one however, this is sad.

Yeah, in the name of consistency I would go for the more historical looking one but the realistic ones are really cool too.

I love both. I vote for the realistic ones.

So while you vote, I continue to present you both styles!
    These slots are named - Defence. Expect further and Islamic.

Follow the line of buildings from Mediival II Kingdoms. But maybe I'll need direction from rest of the team, which buildings should be made

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by finix; January 15, 2015 at 03:13 PM.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Well, if these don´t give a medieval feel to our mod, these mighty walls, than nothing Really nice.
    I see you took town / city and castle / fortress line separately. Although as most likely only cities, and no castles, are in TW:A as well, like in R2 , I still would love to see these icons, representing the buildings.
    Even though we won´t see anything resembling a citadel on the battlefield, not in terms of several layers of wall, the citadel icon could still represent the highest achievable level of defences even if a city.
    Definitely go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    Well, if these don´t give a medieval feel to our mod, these mighty walls, than nothing Really nice.
    I see you took town / city and castle / fortress line separately. Although as most likely only cities, and no castles, are in TW:A as well, like in R2 , I still would love to see these icons, representing the buildings.
    Even though we won´t see anything resembling a citadel on the battlefield, not in terms of several layers of wall, the citadel icon could still represent the highest achievable level of defences even if a city.
    Definitely go for it.
    I take a note Ltd., i'ill stick to the Rome II building line

I find myself to fill more and more pleasure to work on this. This is the result. Do not forget to vote who style you like more

[IMG][/IMG]

These are absolutely awesome, really great job. I am really glad you guys are going for different building icons for differnet cultures like we had in medieval II. It makes it much more immersive.
    Also I vote for the historical one, as they seem to fit more with the unit cards Finix made.

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

I will vote for historical as well, but finix, how is it that these game developers cannot find the courage to allow someone of your skill to work on their UI? Hopefully the respect of this community will be enough reward for you after all of this work; your artistry is legendary to us!
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Matamoros's Avatar Tiro

These are some very good artwork! I absolutely feel the realistic icons go really well with the concept. Beutiful, recogniceable, very appealing, evocating.
    For me, no doubt, the "realistic" icons is the best option.
    Nuestra Seńora de Las Mercedes ha resurgido del fondo del océano para concluir su viaje.
    200 a
    ńos después los piratas pierden. El oro vuelve a Espańa. Misión cumplida.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Fantasitc work Filix !!! Gonna spread out the word about your work in the Bulgarian total war community about your Work !!! Love the art style

I like the more realistic ones
    Amazing work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast