Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Training Building Bonuses Removed

Default Re: [Submod] Training Building Bonuses Removed

Next update for this submod will be when the next update of DeI is released. It's all ready to go, but I won't release it yet in case anything else changes in the main mod by then. Mainly some fixes to Armenian temple bonuses. I'll send you a PM once I do update it.

Update: Changed several buildings, including Greek and Roman training buildings. Fixed Eastern buildings, and updated with changes from the DeI 1.02a hotfix. Remember to load this submod before the hotfix.
    Last edited by Augustusng; January 07, 2015 at 03:04 PM.

I changed more building entries today Part of the reduction of campaign bonuses for morale/defense/attack...

Don't hate me!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

That's it, I'm done.

Are those morale/attack/defense bonuses all that you've changed? If so, that doesn't actually affect this submod, since I've deleted all those entries in my tables.

Edit: Oh, I guess you've changed some minor settlement bonuses. Grumble grumble more tables to compare...
    Last edited by Augustusng; January 07, 2015 at 09:50 PM.

Oh, right.. I changed the bonuses to minor township variants. The good news is I removed the entries entirely for eastern, rome and greek towns from the vanilla building_effects. They are now at the end of aMinorCity effects. In theory, since they will be overwritten, just add those entries to the Minorcity table and you will be fine.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

One way of going about this might be to turn the training buildings into equipment upgrades instead, taking that away from the city centers of places with copper ( or other resources? ) instead just making that a standard commercial upgrade but the resource being necessary to make upgrades. This applies primarily to the equipment upgrades but it might be worth introducing these to cavalry upgrades and naval upgrades, though that might require a merging of some of the more frivolous port upgrades as taking away the naval hull upgrade waters down the already fairly redundant variations on port. Naturally this and cavalry upgrades would require access to timber and warhorses either directly or through trade.

The streamlining advantage of this ( which I'm presuming is your aim here in part ) is that you don't have to carefully arrange all military production in one province, instead letting you produce your units whereever, move them to where you've got your shieldmaker and upgrade there. Preventing the inevitable redundancies imposed by the current system where you either have to have only one recruitment center, or give up on all those fancy bonuses, or duplicate the entire upgrades infrastructure in a new province.

Some of the bonuses might do well to change into fixed bonuses for certain cities and regions known for producing excellent soldiers, sailors, etc, anything to take it out of the already too-constrained building system is a virtue in my eyes.

Of course this broadens the scope of what you're doing considerably so I understand if you're reluctant, just some food for thought.

I like this!
    keep working on it please

Quote Originally Posted by Amur_Tiger View Post
    The streamlining advantage of this ( which I'm presuming is your aim here in part ) is that you don't have to carefully arrange all military production in one province, instead letting you produce your units whereever, move them to where you've got your shieldmaker and upgrade there. Preventing the inevitable redundancies imposed by the current system where you either have to have only one recruitment center, or give up on all those fancy bonuses, or duplicate the entire upgrades infrastructure in a new province.
    Doesn't my system already let you do this? I've removed all bonuses that you can't upgrade to except for experience (since you can also get that in other ways). Of course, you're still limited to certain provinces where you can build shieldmakers/blacksmiths. Though it's an interesting idea to remove the current equipment upgrade buildings and replace them with something more like pre-patch 15, but require those resources to build. Still, that is currently beyond the scope of the submod, but maybe in a future version.

Also, updated with changes from DeI version 1.03. Thanks for letting me know about the minor city changes Dresden; made updating much easier!

Updated with changes from DeI version 1.03a.

I have a suggestion for this mod, instead cheaper production, use starting XP bonus.
    I dont remember the exact names of the building options, so I'll use descriptions when im not sure, here's what im thinking:

Academy - XP bonus per turn for stationed units, possibly higher starting rank for recruited general like it is now too, higher amounts for each building level. Im not sure how this works, I suppose units stationed in the province (or only if garrisoned?) get n XP each turn?

the one for heavy units - higher starting xp level (+1 for each building level) for infantry units plus price reduction

the one for skirmisher units - same as above but for skirmishers

the one for cavalry units - same as above but for cavalry

the other one - maintenance reduction for all in the region

I understand there are also some temples who give starting xp level bonus to certain unit types, maybe these should have these bonuses replaced by price or maintenance reductions for those unit types.

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
    I have a suggestion for this mod, instead cheaper production, use starting XP bonus.
    I dont remember the exact names of the building options, so I'll use descriptions when im not sure, here's what im thinking:

Academy - XP bonus per turn for stationed units, possibly higher starting rank for recruited general like it is now too, higher amounts for each building level. Im not sure how this works, I suppose units stationed in the province (or only if garrisoned?) get n XP each turn?

the one for heavy units - higher starting xp level (+1 for each building level) for infantry units plus price reduction

the one for skirmisher units - same as above but for skirmishers

the one for cavalry units - same as above but for cavalry

the other one - maintenance reduction for all in the region

I understand there are also some temples who give starting xp level bonus to certain unit types, maybe these should have these bonuses replaced by price or maintenance reductions for those unit types.
    I already have a starting XP bonus for the training buildings, but only at levels 3 and 4. The temples only give a bonus at level 4. I've replaced their bonuses at earlier levels with different effects.

ok cool, I havent reached that stage yet in my current game

Update: I've rebalanced the effects of the Monument of Leonidas. I've decreased the +XP on recruitment effects, but added a +1 general rank on recruitment effect. I've also given it a public order bonus instead of a penalty, with a food penalty to balance it out. This way, it has similar effects to the lower level barracks buildings too.

Love it, great mod, especially with the faster battle dynamic mods, it allows for campaigns to run smoothly without units becoming OTT!

thomas_r's Avatar Decanus

I changed some of the squalor effect and unhapiness effect of some building, If I taje your mod, does it erase all my work ?

Because I agree with the main idea of you mod

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_r View Post
    I changed some of the squalor effect and unhapiness effect of some building, If I taje your mod, does it erase all my work ?

Because I agree with the main idea of you mod
    If that's all you changed, you can make a table fragment and load it before this mod in the mod manager. Then it should work fine. Unless you've removed any entries; then you'd have to make the changes to my mod.

thomas_r's Avatar Decanus

Ok thanks I will try that for see

Senator

Just came to the mod because it was mentioned in another thread. Seems a very good idea to me. I never built such buildings because of the unfair effects. The positive effect of this was that I had more food or PO. Now with the mod the decisison to use a slot for a military building or not is more difficult. Nice. I presume it needs a new campaign for using it?

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    Just came to the mod because it was mentioned in another thread. Seems a very good idea to me. I never built such buildings because of the unfair effects. The positive effect of this was that I had more food or PO. Now with the mod the decisison to use a slot for a military building or not is more difficult. Nice. I presume it needs a new campaign for using it?
    Nope, it's save-compatible with existing campaigns. It'll just change the effects of many buildings (you'll lose the morale bonus on recruitment from higher level cities for example).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast