Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Submod] Training Building Bonuses Removed

Default Re: [Submod] Training Building Bonuses Removed

Looks like a fun mod. The aspect of perhaps not making auxillia buildings obsolete is attractive, too- I'll give a new campaign a go.

Updated the submod with changes from DeI version 1.05c, cleaned it up a little, and added a Mediafire link. It's still savegame compatible of course.

Updated with the changes from patch 17 beta.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Updated with the changes from patch 17 beta.
    Nice...
    Thanks mate...

Updated for DeI version 1.1.

There are some pretty significant changes, since the training buildings themselves are no longer an issue in 1.1. Basically, this mod still removes those training bonuses from other buildings that give them. Some removed effects have been replaced with other ones, depending on the building in question.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Saw that you were looking into updating this in another thread. It is sorely needed in my opinion! All of the "On recruitment" effects really bother me.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

I will update it, but probably not just yet. I'll wait a bit while we still tweak the building system.

Also we've removed most of those "on recruitment" effects, so this mod might just be a lot smaller. Or... I could expand the scope to include those effects from general's traits, ancillaries, and army traditions. Not sure yet.

Understood! In regards to the scope..

Personally I think any "On Recruitment" effects at all are in poor taste as it means your veteran soldiers will never have the potential that a unit created later in the campaign does! Wouldn't be a problem if those effects were retro-active.

So I say put them to the sword wherever they exist! Technologies, generals, traits etc.
    Last edited by McCarronXLD; January 25, 2017 at 09:25 AM.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Yep, I agree. Also for that reason they devalue the AOR system and are an advantange mostly for players, as the AI can't optimize bonuses in the same way. Just have to find all those effects and get rid of/replace them, hehe.

Indeed! All these lovely AoR units that I never use cause they don't measure up to core units.

Bonuses are stacks inside the province, bonuses from different cuture buildings stacks. This allows the player to recruit too powerful units in late campaign.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123