Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: [MOD] Hispania in the Middle Ages - (Updated 09.12.2017)

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [MOD] Hispania in the Middle Ages

I have a very nice book trilogy in my hands about Reconquista, and can be useful to extract useful data!!! What do you think? hehe

Quote Originally Posted by alnasser View Post
    yes you are right. Congratulation your mod is the most amazing and attractive mod.
    Thanks alnasser! By the way, Have you played against the Almoravids in the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by LordKainES View Post
    I have a very nice book trilogy in my hands about Reconquista, and can be useful to extract useful data!!! What do you think? hehe
    Good books, hehehe! They can go well for details in the creation of historical battles.

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

I was thinking also in historical events for example... and why not, historical background of every campaign

Regarding the Pope - The creators of the Rule Britannia mod have added a fake Rome to a small island, in the middle of the sea. This island is completely inaccessable, has no port and unit recruitment whatsoever. It solely functions as a shadow faction, with papal abilities of course: crusades can be called, factions can be excommunicated, Papal agents pop up here and there, and also armies in some cases (ie.: when Ireland reverts back to their ancient Celtic druidism, some minor stacks spawn near certain settlements to force the Irish back into the fold).

Something like this could be implemented into this mod. I understand that Italy is very far away from this mod's scope, and this would be a neat solution to include the Pope.

Regards,
    C

I tried to play this mod's main campaign, but I noticed, for instance, that the vassalic relations between the count Nuno Mendes and king Garcia as well as the famous parias the taifas paid to Ferdinand the Great's sons are missing. How will you represent that, Miguel_80? I also feel there is a lack of uniqueness in the armies (but I just played the beginnings of the campaign) and the map of Portugal needs changes to include the city of Braga and the town of Guimarães, just to give 2 examples.

Hi Miguel, after you get this mod finalized will you be doing a mod on the Conquest of Granada? I'm reading the chronicles and I'm finding them very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Colos1987 View Post
    Regarding the Pope - The creators of the Rule Britannia mod have added a fake Rome to a small island, in the middle of the sea. This island is completely inaccessable, has no port and unit recruitment whatsoever. It solely functions as a shadow faction, with papal abilities of course: crusades can be called, factions can be excommunicated, Papal agents pop up here and there, and also armies in some cases (ie.: when Ireland reverts back to their ancient Celtic druidism, some minor stacks spawn near certain settlements to force the Irish back into the fold).
    Hello. There are hidden cities for the emergence of other factions in the campaign. The Papal States, I didn't put them because they hinder when you want to attack another Christian faction. On the other hand, I don't see much point to the presence of the Pope if not exists the other European factions and the map is only of the Iberian Peninsula. Historically there wasn't any Crusade, only in 1212, and finally the Crusaders marched because King Alfonso VIII of Castile didn't leave them to kill Jews and Moors in Toledo.

Quote Originally Posted by josa235 View Post
    I tried to play this mod's main campaign, but I noticed, for instance, that the vassalic relations between the count Nuno Mendes and king Garcia as well as the famous parias the taifas paid to Ferdinand the Great's sons are missing. How will you represent that, Miguel_80? I also feel there is a lack of uniqueness in the armies (but I just played the beginnings of the campaign) and the map of Portugal needs changes to include the city of Braga and the town of Guimarães, just to give 2 examples.
    Hello. The situation of Portugal is not exactly historical. I put it as a playable faction so that it could have more gameplay the campaign. And to the people who like Portugal could handle it. The script of the payment of parias and protection is enabled between the factions of Toledo - Leon, and Zaragoza - Castile. Are the most relevant in diplomatic issues with other factions. The variety of units is not less than the vanilla and the Kingdoms, also taking into account that it is only in the Iberian peninsula. In the reality, there wasn't lots of variety. Regarding the cities, Braga and Guimarães are almost next to Porto, look bad three cities so close. This situation happens frequently in this map and many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Hi Miguel, after you get this mod finalized will you be doing a mod on the Conquest of Granada? I'm reading the chronicles and I'm finding them very interesting.
    Hello Rick. I would like to do a campaign about the conquest of Granada. But to make it more interesting would have to be on a map that includes only this area. If I have time, I will do it.

Allrighty =)

C

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Guimarães was the city birth of Portugal... should be in!
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

More important than Porto?

who are the most difficult factions to play as?

Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    who are the most difficult factions to play as?
    Hello riskymonk. Depends somewhat of the objectives that you pretend to comply. Aragon, Urgell and Galicia start in a somewhat difficult situation. On the other hand, the Taifa of Seville and the Taifa of Granada, will have serious problems with the Almoravids. Also, handle the Seigniory of Cid and win to the Almoravids is a great challenge.

Bruno_Magno's Avatar Foederatus

I just installed the parts and patch in my steam folder for MED 2.
    It is not working and i cant find the bat file.
    Does it work normal in steam?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno_Magno View Post
    I just installed the parts and patch in my steam folder for MED 2.
    It is not working and i cant find the bat file.
    Does it work normal in steam?
    Hello. If you have installed the two parts must appear the file .BAT . Specifically it's in Part 2, and will be in the "...\Medieval II Total War\mods\HMA" folder.

This mod, yes that works with Steam. But if you have the new version 1.52, you will have to run it as described in this post:

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...07-2014-update

Miguel my installation has created a mods folder within the mods folder. Is this normal? Plus I run the BAT file but it says kingdoms.exe cannot be found or something like that. I've followed the 2nd tutorial on the official forums by copying medieval 2 and renaming it kingdoms.exe but I get the same error when I try to run the BAT file.

Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    Miguel my installation has created a mods folder within the mods folder. Is this normal? Plus I run the BAT file but it says kingdoms.exe cannot be found or something like that. I've followed the 2nd tutorial on the official forums by copying medieval 2 and renaming it kingdoms.exe but I get the same error when I try to run the BAT file.
    The installation program creates the folder "\mods\HMA\..." So in the main post explains that you must install in the "Medieval II Total War" folder. If you've installed it on another site, manually place it in the correct location.

If you have the new version of Steam, you can also put the name of one of the expansions to the "HMA" folder. But the logical is create a direct access with the following path:

"…\Medieval II Total War\medieval2.exe" --features.mod=mods/HMA

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Easiest way to get mods to work for Steam is by copying the medieval2 executable and rename the copy Kingdoms. This way you can launch your mods through their own shortcut.

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Easiest way to get mods to work for Steam is by copying the medieval2 executable and rename the copy Kingdoms. This way you can launch your mods through their own shortcut.
    Yes, but many people say that this method don't work. It's strange...

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

why not both?
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

Congratulations for your mod, Miguel it seems really nice. When I get my new computer I'm going to try it.

If you need help to add historical battles maybe I could help you with them.

By the way: if you need to take anything from my Reconquista mod, feel free to use it.