Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: [MOD] Hispania in the Middle Ages - (Updated 09.12.2017)

Default Re: [MOD] Hispania in the Middle Ages

Hi again, i did what you said and its still doing the same thing. But an error did pop up, it said ot could not find the kingdoms.exe

If you are missing the file "kingdoms.exe", it is that you have the version 1.52 or don't directly have the Kingdoms expansion. Writes in technical support to help you. I don't have the Medieval II by Steam, and now it's different.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...Technical-Help
    Last edited by Miguel_80; January 15, 2015 at 01:12 AM.

This patch is only to correct some things.

MOD UPDATE. Patch 0.2 (unpack in "Medieval II Total War" folder)

- Added campaign models for Christians reinforcements.
    - Fixed some conditions for marriages of kingdoms.
    - Fixed some errors in the messages of reinforcements from allies.
    - Added more likely to inherit cities in the area of the Pyrenees.
    - Added more options of marriage for the daughters of El Cid
    - Fixed the music of the faction of the Taifa of Granada in campaign.
    - Fixed the script of coat of arms of Navarre.

Download Patch 0.2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ny...MA_patch02.rar

P.S: Is NOT compatible with saved games.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; February 03, 2015 at 12:44 AM.

Downloadingggg ! Great job and great mod Miguel !

See more about Tierra Santa TW and other projects in Discord
    Join the official Discord server of the mod: https://discord.gg/u6VFKgDzpX
    Download TSTW here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/tierra-santa-tw-mod
    Rise of Quetzal TW (WIP) in https://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-quetzal-tw

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    Hello!

I begin to take a look at this gorgeous mod! Ivery like it and also some of my friends appreciate it. We are going to use for an Hot seat.

I will give some advises in order to improvethis mod, not for take credits or forcing you to do that. just because it has a great potential. so let meshow here my ideas. feel free to use everything that I say as it is your idea and change it as much of you want.
    I thinkmost of them you already have.
    The map itis great....I was going to made mod on the Byzantine strike in Hispania againstthe Visigoths and I would like to use the same map (with you permission ofcourse), with some change...
    But I wouldmade some river available for ships, as they were used in the middle age, thanincrease the mountains in the Granada province that would be easy to defend,also I think in the northern part like Asturia, Cantabrias, Galizia with the(picos de Europa) that made very difficult to invade from the south. (something similar to you Pyrenees, between Franceand Spain).
    I would adviseyou to add some provinces in North Africa, some inner desert provinces. In Order to made Africa an important stronghold for the Muslim factions.
    also I advisegive different names to the regions on this way: if the owner is a muslimfaction or it is a Spanish speaking faction or Portuguese speaking faction or a Catalan speaking faction. In America and Crusade Vanilla campaign there is this tool
    I am Italian but I live in Madrid. Spain like all the European country has a lots of fortress and very important strongholds from that time.
    You may give same unique buildings to replicate the most important Christian Cathedralsand Muslim Mosque and Palaces (like Alambra, Alcazar,ecc)
    with somespecial feature like: bonus of public order, increase tradable goods, bonus fortraining unit, unique units.
    Anotherthing, mostly esthetical it is the texture for the horses (Mantra horses are the best, in my opinion) than as many people already told you it is better donot use Vanilla units but change they textures.
    Also theRoster there is some good opportunity to improve: better to avoid same rostersto all the faction, that only change the color.
    Better few units complete new for each faction or get some different in terms of up keeping cost, time ofrecruitment and cost of recruitment.

I didn't try yet to construct a inquisition tribunal...(sorry) so I don't know the future but I guess: bonus of malus of public order,bonus of income due to take away the assets own by former jews not convertedand training of special agents.

-house orfraternity of monks or military order

a very good thing to implement it will be: taxation of different beliefs: Muslim ruler willuse Jyza to tax not muslim and Christian did the same. (eastern roman inveted it). if you want an Idea I advise you to take a look at the sub mod for broken crescent (Jyza sub mod by byzantine boy). but I suggest cost only 1 coin (it is a policy, not a balding, and 1 turn for construct)

I saw thatyou implemented the jew quarter, maybe you can also put the bank as a possible condition of 25% jews or more, the buildings of a Bank (most of them were Jews) that gives a very big amount of money....but if a inquisition tribunal it is construct/established....the building it is destroyed and the Christian faction takes 20000 money as they sack the bank.

Some Muslimunits like camel riders I would make the available only in Africa or Andalusia and the Christian fighters for the Muslim...only recruitable in some regions in Andalusia, Castilla and Portugal. a Special area of recruitment in the entire Peninsula.

In the sameway some Taifa will have heavy Muslim cavalry (copied by their Christian enemy),the ones on the border with Castilla, Aragon, Leon, ecc.

theCristian factions may have some units looks like Muslim or similar tactics available,as you did for the Portuguese Jinets and for others.

Since theywas a constant culture of Jihad and Crusade I would take them away and a available buildings in any regions where torecruit jihad/crusade units (maybe a mosque or a church it could be). This doesn'tmean that were not cooperation between Muslim and Christian, as El Cid exampleshows it.

so in the entire Peninsula you can add mercenary units available for every factions...(the same units of the rosters) for represent the betrayals of armies /conversions or simply mercenaries.

Hispania campaignit is a unique scenario with so many things and very interesting for my point of you.
    I really like it.

sorry if I was so long I just wanted to explain a little bit better how to add some interesting features or historical things.
    I will continue to play anyway

Congratulationsagain for the work done!
    I replay to my post, in order to keep all the things joint!

I saw that there are the jews quarter in mod...I think it will be very historical give the chance to recruit a skilled merchant from this Quarter.
    the same it could be use for cristian faction:
    Muslim Quarter: increase trades, public order penalities and bonus islam religion around 1% and some muslim units
    Christian Quarter for the muslim factions: increase trades, public order penalities and bonus christian religion around 1% and some christian units or the famous christian guard

than I think the mercenaries are not really good recruit in the open fields...usually tavern are a comon place to find sale blades.
    a part of the public order bonus and spies.
    Last edited by Julio85; January 15, 2015 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    I think the mercenaries are not really good recruit in the open fields...usually tavern are a comon place to find sale blades.
    a part of the public order bonus and spies.
    The recruitment of mercenaries is by region, not by the type of terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Werety View Post
    Downloadingggg ! Great job and great mod Miguel !
    Many thanks Werety!!

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor17 View Post
    Hi again, i did what you said and its still doing the same thing. But an error did pop up, it said ot could not find the kingdoms.exe
    Since the steam update merged medieval2.exe with kingdoms.exe, to be able to play most mods you simply have to make a copy of medieval2.exe and rename it kingdoms.exe

I Just want to say thank you for this mod. I was looking for a Reconquista game or mod since years(Tzar was the last one i remember).

Quote Originally Posted by Mudora View Post
    I Just want to say thank you for this mod. I was looking for a Reconquista game or mod since years(Tzar was the last one i remember).
    Thanks Mudora! I hope to be of your liking this mod

in the next version will the user be able to build stone fort?
    It's a very good thing to build stonefort on the rivers montagne passes or on jibraltar, to prevent Invrading forces?

For the compagne of X centery,will the Imarate (who will become a caliphate) face the shiite fatimid?
    in the year of the fall will the script genereate emergent factions taifas of sevilla in sevilla and it's provence ?same for totledo and the others ?

Quote Originally Posted by alnasser View Post
    in the next version will the user be able to build stone fort?
    It's a very good thing to build stonefort on the rivers montagne passes or on jibraltar, to prevent Invrading forces?

For the compagne of X centery,will the Imarate (who will become a caliphate) face the shiite fatimid?
    in the year of the fall will the script genereate emergent factions taifas of sevilla in sevilla and it's provence ?same for totledo and the others ?
    Hello alnasser. Regarding the stone forts, I am preparing a test campaign, which represent the castles of the military orders and other historical fortifications.

I can’t create the Shiite Fatimids because already I don’t fit more factions. They will appear as rebels. And the taifas will appear as emerging and others will be frozen (as the Aztecs in the vanilla) and will appear with better organization. It will consist in avoiding the rebellions it successful.

will in the next version any historical battles? Ryo salado, Las navas de tolosa, Alarcos Sagrajas?
    New Unit? new organisation for exemple berber taifas like "taifa of Granada, taifa of Toledo" where berbers so the bulk of army will be berbers (light cavalry (no needs of arab cavalry) and a powerfull infantry)?
    And Taifas of sevilla and Taifa of saragoza where arab and andalucians muhwaladi so the bulk of army arabs andalucians heavy cavalry and medium infantry. The arab and andalucians family where welthier so i thinks they could product and buy armors.
    and i remember in the battle of sagraja only the arab cavalry of the taifas of sevilla stood to the charge of the army of alphonso VI.
    so the image of arab always a light cavalry is wrong.

The historical battles, I will go progressively including when I have time to do them. If I make several in a short time, it will be a pack of historical battles. The armies of the factions will be according to historical information. The troops will not be invented or randomly placed.

Yes, in Sagrajas, Al-Mutamid of Seville was the only one who resisted the Christian attacks before the intervention of Yusuf ibn Tashfin, who intervened at the last moment because it also regarded as enemies to all Peninsular, both Muslim and Christian.

BagaturSasha's Avatar Invictus
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Very good and hardcore mod! Thanks to authors. )

Leader of the "Creative flame" studio.
    Author of the book "Legends of Moon Landscape"
    also author of the books "Fly", "Volcanorium" and other works too. Mostly specialized on fantasy.

https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...r:BagaturSasha
    My Wiki page
    --

Quote Originally Posted by BagaturSasha View Post
    Very good and hardcore mod! Thanks to authors. )
    Thank you BagaturSasha!

BagaturSasha's Avatar Invictus
    Artifex

Blog Entries

I like very much to play as Leon and Navarra. And the most i like - very brutal and biggest battles! I was in battle with 8000 warriors.

Leader of the "Creative flame" studio.
    Author of the book "Legends of Moon Landscape"
    also author of the books "Fly", "Volcanorium" and other works too. Mostly specialized on fantasy.

https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...r:BagaturSasha
    My Wiki page
    --

Quote Originally Posted by BagaturSasha View Post
    I like very much to play as Leon and Navarra. And the most i like - very brutal and biggest battles! I was in battle with 8000 warriors.
    I'm glad that you like the mod. When appear the invasions of North Africa (Almoravids and Almohads), you have difficult battles, and the campaign will be complicated.

I love your mod, it's very interessting.and i imagine the seconde very who will it be ...
    In the mod the pope is the only one who can call a crusade ?
    Will you create Historical Personne like al-manzor of the almohads, alphonso the battler?
    Wille you create a historical battle in the game?for exemple in the sagrajas battle a castillan army appers near Badajoz,and an almoravids army appear olso,and we give to the andalucians faction the right to participate in the battle?
    If they participate they will won unit experience and money,the same for christian faction?for saggrajas and las navas de tolosa ?

Thanks alnasser! In the mod, the Papal States aren't included in the campaign and the crusades can't be called. Regarding the historical characters, they appear some by script, although I can't give them the title of King. They will have their trait of dynasty and they can get to reign in the future.

I can't force the historical battles in the campaign, because when you start to play, events are different from reality, and no can guess the situation of each faction once you get the year of the battle. I think the campaigns would be somewhat repetitive if everything is programmed as in real history.

yes you are right. Congratulation your mod is the most amazing and attractive mod.