Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: [MOD] Hispania in the Middle Ages - (Updated 09.12.2017)

Default Re: [MOD] Hispania in the Middle Ages

I think Dominion of the Sword team found some work-around for changing faction names in-game. Dunno how it was, but it required only to restart the application by utilizing some batch file... You may try and ask Hross or Resurrection from the DotS team.

Colos

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    I what I meant, is that the ideal would be that during the game the name of the faction, is could be changed when the Emirate of Cordoba is proclaimed Caliphate of Cordoba. Also it is the same with other factions that are a County and then a Kingdom.

Divide it into two mods, could be a solution if I had to do it all much more detailed. Although they would be factions basically cloned.
    Multi eras mod launcher do it, as you can set different flags, faction names, campaign_script, units things...

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

it's just a matter of having miguel going around and contact people and use their units and search the forums for free units

as for the AI, you should get germanicu5 battle AI and lusted's for the campaign AI
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Quote Originally Posted by Colos1987 View Post
    I think Dominion of the Sword team found some work-around for changing faction names in-game. Dunno how it was, but it required only to restart the application by utilizing some batch file... You may try and ask Hross or Resurrection from the DotS team.

Colos
    Thanks for the information, Colos. I'll keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by VINC.XXIII View Post
    Multi eras mod launcher do it, as you can set different flags, faction names, campaign_script, units things...
    Yes, it's true. My mod also changes of flags, although not everyone who I would like, because is spent one faction by each new banners.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    as for the AI, you should get germanicu5 battle AI and lusted's for the campaign AI
    Ok Swagger. I'll take a look at the settings for the AI you mention.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Icon14 Re: [MOD] Hispania in the Middle Ages

Hello!

I begin to take a look at this gorgeous mod! Ivery like it and also some of my friends appreciate it. We are going to use for an Hot seat.

I will give some advises in order to improvethis mod, not for take credits or forcing you to do that. just because it has a great potential. so let meshow here my ideas. feel free to use everything that I say as it is your idea and change it as much of you want.

I thinkmost of them you already have.

The map itis great....I was going to made mod on the Byzantine strike in Hispania againstthe Visigoths and I would like to use the same map (with you permission ofcourse), with some change...

But I wouldmade some river available for ships, as they were used in the middle age, thanincrease the mountains in the Granada province that would be easy to defend,also I think in the northern part like Asturia, Cantabrias, Galizia with the(picos de Europa) that made very difficult to invade from the south. (something similar to you Pyrenees, between Franceand Spain).

I would adviseyou to add some provinces in North Africa, some inner desert provinces. In Order to made Africa an important stronghold for the Muslim factions.

also I advisegive different names to the regions on this way: if the owner is a muslimfaction or it is a Spanish speaking faction or Portuguese speaking faction or a Catalan speaking faction. In America and Crusade Vanilla campaign there is this tool

I am Italian but I live in Madrid. Spain like all the European country has a lots of fortress and very important strongholds from that time.

You may give same unique buildings to replicate the most important Christian Cathedralsand Muslim Mosque and Palaces (like Alambra, Alcazar,ecc)

with somespecial feature like: bonus of public order, increase tradable goods, bonus fortraining unit, unique units.

Anotherthing, mostly esthetical it is the texture for the horses (Mantra horses are the best, in my opinion) than as many people already told you it is better donot use Vanilla units but change they textures.

Also theRoster there is some good opportunity to improve: better to avoid same rostersto all the faction, that only change the color.
    Better few units complete new for each faction or get some different in terms of up keeping cost, time ofrecruitment and cost of recruitment.

I didn't try yet to construct a inquisition tribunal...(sorry) so I don't know the future but I guess: bonus of malus of public order,bonus of income due to take away the assets own by former jews not convertedand training of special agents.

-house orfraternity of monks or military order

a very good thing to implement it will be: taxation of different beliefs: Muslim ruler willuse Jyza to tax not muslim and Christian did the same. (eastern roman inveted it). if you want an Idea I advise you to take a look at the sub mod for broken crescent (Jyza sub mod by byzantine boy). but I suggest cost only 1 coin (it is a policy, not a balding, and 1 turn for construct)

I saw thatyou implemented the jew quarter, maybe you can also put the bank as a possible condition of 25% jews or more, the buildings of a Bank (most of them were Jews) that gives a very big amount of money....but if a inquisition tribunal it is construct/established....the building it is destroyed and the Christian faction takes 20000 money as they sack the bank.

Some Muslimunits like camel riders I would make the available only in Africa or Andalusia and the Christian fighters for the Muslim...only recruitable in some regions in Andalusia, Castilla and Portugal. a Special area of recruitment in the entire Peninsula.

In the sameway some Taifa will have heavy Muslim cavalry (copied by their Christian enemy),the ones on the border with Castilla, Aragon, Leon, ecc.

theCristian factions may have some units looks like Muslim or similar tactics available,as you did for the Portuguese Jinets and for others.

Since theywas a constant culture of Jihad and Crusade I would take them away and a available buildings in any regions where torecruit jihad/crusade units (maybe a mosque or a church it could be). This doesn'tmean that were not cooperation between Muslim and Christian, as El Cid exampleshows it.

so in the entire Peninsula you can add mercenary units available for every factions...(the same units of the rosters) for represent the betrayals of armies /conversions or simply mercenaries.

Hispania campaignit is a unique scenario with so many things and very interesting for my point of you.
    I really like it.

sorry if I was so long I just wanted to explain a little bit better how to add some interesting features or historical things.
    I will continue to play anyway

Congratulationsagain for the work done!
    Last edited by Julio85; January 13, 2015 at 09:20 AM.

Thank you very much for your advices, Julio85. I'll be watching them. At the moment I'm trying to polish some things (scripts above), because it only have two weeks. I will be adding things gradually.

I like the idea of military orders very cool. Also yes some units should only be area specific imho.

Also I notice that the Taifa of Granada has no music for their campaign. Has anyone else noticed this?

Hello Stringer Bell. There are military orders including in the mod, but as guild. On the music of Granada is a bug that I will be fixed in the next patch. At the moment you can activate it by adding the faction in the "...\data\world\maps\base\descr_sounds_music_types.txt" file:

Code:
    music_type middle_eastern

factions moors turks egypt toled badaj timurids zirie mongols omeya merin grana

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

In Bellum Crucis mod for example I saw that even the masters of every order appeared with their armies (as a way to represent the labour of these orders to expand the christian power in the peninsula).... that would be cool!!! and of course we need the rise of many heroes for the different factions, like Fernando III of Castile (He reconquered almost all Andalucia), Jaime I of Aragon, Affonso I of Portugal, Ramiro I, Alfonso I El Batallador, Abd al-mumin etc.... etc...

So many great things can be done as Julio85 said!

And just one thing, I miss Ceuta in the campaign map (the portuguese conquered it in 1415, so here you have another event)
    Last edited by LordKainES; January 13, 2015 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    Thank you very much for your advices, Julio85. I'll be watching them. At the moment I'm trying to polish some things (scripts above), because it only have two weeks. I will be adding things gradually.
    That's great! you made an amazing! I look forward to see the next patch!

Muchas Suerte!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordKainES View Post
    In Bellum Crucis mod for example I saw that even the masters of every order appeared with their armies (as a way to represent the labour of these orders to expand the christian power in the peninsula).... that would be cool!!! and of course we need the rise of many heroes for the different factions, like Fernando III of Castile (He reconquered almost all Andalucia), Jaime I of Aragon, Affonso I of Portugal, Ramiro I, Alfonso I El Batallador, Abd al-mumin etc.... etc...

So many great things can be done as Julio85 said!

And just one thing, I miss Ceuta in the campaign map (the portuguese conquered it in 1415, so here you have another event)
    that's right, Ceuta was an important naval base. Also the historical characters are very important with unique constructions!

I know bellum crucis, the masters of the militar order can be an ancillary

Hi this mod looks pretty amazing and I can't wait to be able to play it, but I'm having some problems with it working. I downloaded both parts and the patch but for whatever reason when I go to play it the screen pops up but then the game just shuts off in a few seconds I don't know what I did wrong. I'm a steam user so maybe this game is not steam compatible? But if it is I used the steps that I use for every mod for steam but this mod is not working if you could help me on it I'd appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor17 View Post
    Hi this mod looks pretty amazing and I can't wait to be able to play it, but I'm having some problems with it working. I downloaded both parts and the patch but for whatever reason when I go to play it the screen pops up but then the game just shuts off in a few seconds I don't know what I did wrong. I'm a steam user so maybe this game is not steam compatible? But if it is I used the steps that I use for every mod for steam but this mod is not working if you could help me on it I'd appreciate it.
    Hello Taylor17. I suppose that you have the new version of Steam, Medieval II v1.52. Check out this post to see if it can help you:

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...07-2014-update

HI thanks for the response, I tried the link and it did absolutely nothing for me. I don't think I have the new steam version honestly, I have the kingdoms launcher app on my laptop and it helps launch all of my mods perfectly even after steam made those updates as an example I downloaded the new Bellum Crucis 7.0 and the kindgoms launcher app and it works perfectly fine. I downloaded your links and installed them both using this path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War) like I do any other mod then i added it to my kingdoms launcher app and so on. But whenever i attempt to launch it multiple ways the loading screen pops up with the Hispania in the middle ages text like it should but then it just closes without any error. Could you tell me an exact download and install instructions that you think may be correct.

Do you mean that only fails you this mod?

Yes basically thats what i mean. I dont understand why. Maybe im doimg something wrong thats why i was asking if i could get a full walk through as to installing it correctly being a steam user as well. I would be very thankful as to how amazing this mod looks.

I suppose that the two parts are installed on the path "...\Medieval II Total War\mods\HMA\HMA.bat"

If running the .BAT file doesn't works in Steam. Try renaming the folder "HMA" to "americas", for example. And execute this campaign.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Relly nice-looking mod mate, will certainly try it.

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Relly nice-looking mod mate, will certainly try it.
    Thank you very much lolIsuck!! I hope to be of your liking.

(delete)
    Last edited by Miguel_80; January 15, 2015 at 01:40 AM.