Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: BigMap 0.99 for M2TW

Default BigMap 0.99 for M2TW

All downloads , FAQ's, HowTo's for the latest versions BigMap and Late Era can be found HERE [link]

For questions regarding installation/uninstallation, compatibility and features do consult the FAQ's first, they have it all.

Latest version Extended Edition: 1.06 - nearly doubles the number of resources available on the map, adds Kerkyra province, fixes minor annoyances like spawn points and river crossings.

--------------

All other links mentioned in this thread to previous versions have been disabled, but will remain available on request for modding purposes.
    Last edited by Spurius; January 06, 2007 at 08:20 PM.

Default Re: BigMap 0.99 for M2TW

Sounds nice, but how about some screens?

Well, I though about that, but since its basically just vanilla (OK, I changed the radar and FE's too) there is very little to see really, just that characters now indeed have longer lines for movement with more colours in it to get to that same spot? Mmm.

Think you should just experience the extra space - does not really translate well to a screeny. Anyway, it's only 4 MB's, and you can always toss it out again and rename your old dirs back. Maybe just take it for a little testdrive.

Still needs a screenie to show what it does rather then explain it.

OK, here's after move 1 of the Turkish spy from his usual spot to somewhere near Constantinople - normally 2-3 turns.

@spurius
    Very nice ! the first big map !
    Would like to include it in the next release of DLV 1.4 ?

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Sure, go ahead, will do some more work on it, prettifying mountains etc and adding a few more resources - the Middle East is totally starved of them in vanilla - 18 provs have NONE as resource. Just noticed I forgot to add that into this one, will update it in next version. Makes a LOT of diff when you want to keep an Eastern empire together...
    Last edited by Spurius; November 22, 2006 at 04:07 PM. Reason: edit for typo

Tom Servo's Avatar Semisalis

Omg totally awesome! I gotta restart my campaign for this! Keep up the good work.

Updated links with latest version in OP.

Wow. That is awesome!

Could use you also take a screenshot of northern italy where milan, HRE, and Venice are?

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

Looks good.

Always thought the vanilla map was to small.

Kushan
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

@Spurius
    there is a graphical error in the water right from jerusalem and at the right upper part of corsica

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

@repman
    Cleaned up the graphical glitch near Jerusalem for the next update, but I do not see what you mean exactly with 'right upper part of Corsica' - maybe PM me a screeny with a red circle around it ...?

@taskeen
    HRE/Milan/Venice screeny:

Tom Servo's Avatar Semisalis

Also maybe you can smooth out those "spikes" around the HRE area? You know make it more of a mountain range than just 5-6 spikes around.

Sure, mountains got stretched-out a bit, so I will do the same as Icetorque did in Warmap, and just do them by hand, so in the upcoming version (in a day or 2) they should look smashing again- and if I don't have to move anything about, not even break savegame compatibility.

the download at the top includes more than just map changes tho right?

The pope seems less trigger happy with the excommunications.

Im playing as the english and seems like scotland got a shot of steroids

May be placebo but the AI seems to handle the larger distances better than I do too. The campaign is harder. All around pretty good.

Suggestions:
    Increase the speed of all agent type units.
    Some areas are completely empty and could fit a few more settlements in without spoiling the distances.

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

Yes, more provinces = GOOD! lol

Kushan
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Thanks shaggy,

Not really changed ANYTHING in the original code except the resources, only other diffs: if you are explorative, you may have discovered there is no obstacle really to reach America early (may become optional in the installer), and its ridiculous cliffs all along its coastline have vamoosed.

No changes in any other code or anything, though - so different AI behaviour might only be explained by having more/different things to calculate, and maybe that influences its behaviour, but the fact that it's harder for YOU than the AI, I think is correct - this is a real campaigners' map. You really have to build up for decent income, or you get clobbered by the extra time (extra turns because of distances + AI money cheat on vh/vh) the AI gets to build/recover from your attacks. No rushing the AI, in short.

As to movement points, yeah I wish, especially for agents - packed, alas. Would have upped the agents too in their initial progress, if I could access those...

(Sends highly influential subliminal telepathic messages to a certain software development company... )

and the date instead of turns?

im playing on vh/vh too.

Loved it when Scotland bypassed Nottingham castle fortress out of my field of view and went straight for London with far fewer units in. Took my Nottingham garrison too long to arrive to releive the siege and now I only have Nottingham in the UK.

Wonder why the Pope seems to be so chilled out about Scotland though? Was waiting for him to step in, but nothing.

Rather than draw by hand, why not transfer the tgas into RTW. Create the relevant textfiles to accompany the map (the bare bones, nothing fancy) and then open it with the TIME tool. Use that to draw you mountains etc, then take the tgas back out and stick them back into M2. Much easier way of shaping landmasses. Icetorques mountains looked very blocky and square to me. Depends if you think drawing freehand in paint easier than making the text files.
    Last edited by Shaggy1973; November 23, 2006 at 05:15 PM.

Right, forgot about that, one of the first things I changed in vanilla too, 'proper' years vs turns - maybe we should put the timescale to .50 even, so generals age 1 on 1. Still have to get used to that, really.

About the differences in the game, dunno 2 out of 3 campaigns so far Scotland kicked England off the island altogether, and then they just sortof stood there, but now England seems to manage - and France does not disappear, which happens when England concentrates on the mainland. Milan in other games firmly holds the centre of Europe, and is now nearly gone. So more or less random, as it should. As to why the Pope is nicer, dunno - am playing Turks again - havent really played any Catholic factions yet, so cannot compare there. Think it's just one of those little things in life to enjoy without breaking your head as to why. Cairo got a crusade REAL fast somehow, dunno why that happened either, then again they are very active navally, too - maybe just for being a nuisance.

Erm I said a la mode Icetorque, but I am a bit handier with PS than most - no blockiness, I can fake natural lines. And Time Editor is indeed for RTW, not going back even if I *did* like using it, which I don't. Am working with a few fellow mappers on a new toolbox/editor anyway, so fortunately don't have to rely on 3d party tools too much...

So rest assured that since I am playing this myself I will try to make it as nice as I can, while trying to maintain savegame compatibility as much as I can, too. Hate restarting a good campaign as much as anyone else.

Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast