Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Vanilla Unit Cards for 1.0

Default Re: [Official Submod] Vanilla Unit Cards for 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Thanks for making this optional, will wait till its ready

My reasons why i prefer default ones

- Ancient feeling, especially Egyptian hieroglyph
    - Unit type is easy to recognize, with new cards i need to read unit stats to understand if its missile or melee unit
    - They blend better in UI, new cards seems out of place
    the same reason i prefer the default ones aswell. But i apreciate the hard work, its just a personal preference

Updated to hopefully fix some cards.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Merc icons still not there, some aor too. Siege equipment also.

Ty Dresden for working at this submod. I noticed some icons still missing btw

It's just eye-roll worthy when I see people saying "old cards are easier to identify units"... Like them better if you want, prefer that style, but that just isn't true, everything looks almost the same. Good job distinguishing between the roman infantry units including the socii, or better even, any sort of barbarian unit from one another playing as celtic factions.

For what it's worth the new ones look really good and much better to tell units from one another.

Quote Originally Posted by HarkonRules View Post
    It's just eye-roll worthy when I see people saying "old cards are easier to identify units"... Like them better if you want, prefer that style, but that just isn't true, everything looks almost the same. Good job distinguishing between the roman infantry units including the socii, or better even, any sort of barbarian unit from one another playing as celtic factions.

For what it's worth the new ones look really good and much better to tell units from one another.
    I mostly refer to unit types (missile, melee etc...), not different unit quality etc... In new cards many of them have spears on them which makes them look like a spear cavalry/infantry (btw its awesome that some missile cavalry got spears)

So is there a way (easy way) to tell what units are AOR and what is not with this?

Im playing Sparta and I'm finding this difficult.

Units that are local that aren't normally in your core group. They have less morale usually.

Honestly, I love our new unit cards and believe their flag system, etc. works great in the mod. So, I have a hard time keeping this as a viable submod when I really think people should give the new ones a try and see if they get used to them. Change can often be hard but sometimes its for the better.

Doubt that learning and getting used to are the issues here, well, at least they aren't for me, vanilla art style > indicators for mercs and aor. Anyway, if you wont update the submod let us know.

When I get free time I will work on it. The problem is that 1) any future new units will be using our custom cards and will therefore have to be assigned vanilla cards of some type and 2) I am still busy working on various updates for the main mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Units that are local that aren't normally in your core group. They have less morale usually.

Honestly, I love our new unit cards and believe their flag system, etc. works great in the mod. So, I have a hard time keeping this as a viable submod when I really think people should give the new ones a try and see if they get used to them. Change can often be hard but sometimes its for the better.
    The thing is im new to both rome 2 and DEI, Rome 2 vanilla is just so bad IMO, and this mod although in it's early stages is one of the best Ive played and I have played A LOT of TW mods.

But yeah I don't consider this an issue and would prefer if you and your team worked on more important things, plus the fact that this doesn't mess up saves means I can always switch when ever I want.

I'll be switching back to standard DEI cards simply for the reason so I can learn more about the AOR system.

So in short, I think this sub mod is low priority and should be treated as such, and also, what did you mean by core group?

Factions have a core unit group that represents their historical roster. For example, legions for Rome after Marian reforms or hoplites for Athens. You can't recruit those units unless you have dominant culture in that area. You can always recruit local (AOR) troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Agree 100%. I love the new cards and it performs a representative function FAR BETTER than vanilla.

@ MuppetGank, this is actually one of the oldest and more worked on major mods, it's been in the making almost since Rome 2 came out.
    Last edited by HarkonRules; January 04, 2015 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HarkonRules View Post
    Agree 100%. I love the new cards and it performs a representative function FAR BETTER than vanilla.

@ MuppetGank, this is actually one of the oldest and more worked on major mods, it's been in the making almost since Rome 2 came out.
    Yeah, i forget this game came out over a year ago, As I only just recently purchased it.

This isnt about representation, its about liking the vanilla art style more, everyone has their own preferences.

Lots of unit cards miss-match the units (Talking about un-edited DeI 1.03), is there a limited number of unit cards you can add in the game?
    It's bugging me a bit, and if that is the case ill get this submod.

This submod is working fine except that all the merc and agent icons are the new DeI ones, so that needs fixing.

@Skitoritto Which units are mismatched? They all seem to be properly done for me in 1.03 (for our unit cards).

The mercs work for me...hmm...I will reupload it.

So far I have noticed Argrian Sell Swords, Rhodean Slingers, and gallic/celtic garison units.

Thank you .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast