Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

Default Re: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

SO what's with the Native american voices for armies?

Fixing all the sound issues requires use of symphony. It is tricky... have at it.

This mod looks very good. Great work

Hello everybody, it's my first post on TWC

I installed and played ACW 3.5 with not any problems, I enjoyed this great mod !

So I decided install ACW 3.6 beta, I think that I made a success of the installation according to the instructions, there are the new units, the ships... But there is a very unpleasant thing : suddenly, five or six regions get in rebellion, with a discontent of ... -80 Due to "religious unrest" ! I thought that was a bug so I started a new campaign, but the problem is always here... get a look :

http://www.noelshack.com/2015-23-143...607-162136.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...607-162145.jpg

There is nothing to stop the religious discontent so I don't know what to do, It doesn't stop when I kick the rebellion...
    There is the same problem if I play US or CS

But maybe it's normal ?

thank for your help !

Best regards from France

What in the world, I remember hearing about that bug a while ago. Hmm you should try and reinstall and see if the same thing happens..

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by pappagoat View Post
    Fixing all the sound issues requires use of symphony. It is tricky... have at it.
    Why the symphony is required? You can not jus replace the sound files?

It's not always that simple. There's lots of sound issues that need correcting.

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Curious as to why 3.6 wasn't released as a full install.
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

My game crashes on the loading screen, i tried what you said but i dont even have 'bg_art.pack', this is all i have. http://prntscr.com/7iajdl

OK guys, I tried to go ahead and add this mod. I started with 3.4 but the file that I download isn't the installer. I cant seem to do anything with it. Is this a Windows 8 issue or is there now an issue with the file from ModDB?

3.4 is an installer file as is 3.5 and ZOR... Are you using winzip to unpack the file???

The download states it doesn't have to be unzipped, BUT that's nute because even when I do (winzip) the file stays the same. I figured it was a issue with the host. But I've done it like 20 times... and I'm no guru so kind of at a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiStupid View Post
    The download states it doesn't have to be unzipped, BUT that's nute because even when I do (winzip) the file stays the same. I figured it was a issue with the host. But I've done it like 20 times... and I'm no guru so kind of at a loss.
    Figured it out. Seems to be an issue with IE. Simply changed the file name and walla.

Hey guys, first of all, brilliant mod! i can tell a LOOOOOT of effort went into making it!

heres a few things i notice however while playing that may eventually need to be fixed

1. armies on the campaign map, both CS and US when ordering them to attack an enemy unit the soldier uses voices which are used for ships in ETW (example: "Think of the prize boys" and when they win "The sea is ours", whats even odder is that after the battle, when you move the army, it uses the voices made for assasins "they shall never hear me coming" etc.

2. state militia cost 0!!!!???!!!! also they have 0 turns meaning i can simply raise a full army of militia and cause havoc within 3 turns of playing the game!! also the AI seems to have figured this out and is making massive armies right at the beginning to the point that if i try playing normally i just get swamped

3. US campaign the unit cost numbers when recruitng are cut in half, im meaning theyre missing the top half of the numbers

4. i have seen that 3 people have already asked about this problem but no real solution has been given other then to attempt a re-install, when starting a campaign (example as CS) several states are extreme unionists and constantly rebel, even if taxes are exempted and they keep creating armies of rebel indians (on one case it was an army of 10 saker guns!!!) both me and the AI struggle with this as his towns too are rebelling. i have a clean install of vanilla ETW and made sure all the ACW files etc were installed correctly (unlike some on here sometimes, i can read instructions ) but im still having this problem. anyway i can work around this by playing with the .txt files?

lastly i just want to say this is a brilliant mod and i hope you guys keep working on this, this is definitely one of the better mods out there!!!

(also, i noticed that the smoke tends to cause CTDs for me if im at head height when my rebels fire a full volley, my laptops old so cant really handle the smoke (any way to change it to the vanilla smoke of ETW? i know my old laptop can handle it)

no campaign CTDs as of yet

msckman101's Avatar Foederatus

UPDATE....I have re-downloaded the installer, using Internet Explorer (I think last time I used Chrome) unzipped, installed, and it works, already recorded 4 parts and have had 2 battles. Stay tuned Friday Night on YouTube for.............RISE OF THE SOUTH

wait so 3.5 is needed or 3.6 is the full install?

3.6 is the latest version and its the version installed if you use my auto installer

Hello, firstly i want to say what an amazing job you have done, i have played this mod a lot over the years of its development, and i must say that although i have played lots of mods, (recently i have enjoyed the american independance Mod) i always seem to come back to this one when i just want to enjoy some really epic battles. i have not yet tried the 3.6 Beta, (im still on ZOR 3.5) but plan to download tonight. one question, what settings do you reccomend for the campaign?
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Legionary Titus Pullo View Post
    Hello, firstly i want to say what an amazing job you have done, i have played this mod a lot over the years of its development, and i must say that although i have played lots of mods, (recently i have enjoyed the american independance Mod) i always seem to come back to this one when i just want to enjoy some really epic battles. i have not yet tried the 3.6 Beta, (im still on ZOR 3.5) but plan to download tonight. one question, what settings do you reccomend for the campaign?
    I think you will enjoy 3.6, although you may want to use the non-starting army version of the startpos to reduce campaign crashes. PM me if you need help.

I usually play campaign and battle on Hard, although you can try Very Hard if you feel sporty. Campaign Very Hard, Battles Hard can be entertaining, or the other way around. Personally I play with unit size on ultra so that units are sized as intended.

======================

I like TAR too, although I heavily modded my version in many many ways... also added a few British light infantry units famous to the French and Indian Wars... and had been working on a musket mod to introduce proper musket models as we have in ACW... although that went on hold when I got involved in ACW. It can be entertaining to play a campaign and note the history of my own regiment, the 29th Foot, as goes from battle to battle around the world to then look back at the regimental history. The thing I can never stand is the vanilla campaign where as Great Britain you do not gain the 13 colonies until you have captured Quebec, and also the weak French presence in N. America, making the Seven Years War / French and Indian War virtually non-existent.

Havent checked in here for a couple of months, just wanted to know if the campaign map still crashes or if v3.6 is working as intended now ?