Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Infantrygamer View Post
    Hey guys, whatever you need help with on this mod let me know. I can't do big things like program, nor can I help make a new launcher. I can however, make a mean thread. Also, I don't have anyway to record right now but hope to soon. I can make an installation video. It really is incredibly easy, it takes maybe 10 minutes after having everything downloaded and if I can do it, so can pretty much anyone because I have no technical experience. If you guys need anything let me know.
    Hey, thanks for your offer. If you find instaling easy, then consider yourself tasked with explaining the issue to less tech savvy people who come here asking questions. How's that for a start?

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

I can do that. How would you like me to set it up? I can be the point of contact for you guys on installation so you don't have to deal with those minor things.

Just check this forum, se if anyone asks questions, and try to answer.

Sounds good. Hopefully I can make another video soon. In the meantime, let me know if there's anything else I can do.

This message to let you know that you guys have made a supoer awsome job, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Inside686 View Post
    This message to let you know that you guys have made a supoer awsome job, keep up the good work!
    Thank you.

Ok, so after reading every comment on this thread I just wanted to make sure I have the correct installation order. I just bought the Warpath expansion and assume that is all I need. Please correct me if I am wrong and need other features.

I have to install 3.4, THEN 3.5, THEN 3.6? After installing the first two I have to overwrite all the info in the folders?

Thanks, I have enjoyed every version of this mod so far. Looking forward to playing this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridian View Post
    Ok, so after reading every comment on this thread I just wanted to make sure I have the correct installation order. I just bought the Warpath expansion and assume that is all I need. Please correct me if I am wrong and need other features.

I have to install 3.4, THEN 3.5, THEN 3.6? After installing the first two I have to overwrite all the info in the folders?

Thanks, I have enjoyed every version of this mod so far. Looking forward to playing this one.
    3.4, then 3.4.1 patch, then 3.5, then you overwrite anything requested with 3.6 files, yes.
    Those previously create apropriate subfolders and file structure, while 3.6 only replaces some files with newer ones.

Hows things progressing guys? Through all this Attila hype I am still excited about this mod more than any other, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nickrica View Post
    Hows things progressing guys? Through all this Attila hype I am still excited about this mod more than any other, lol.
    Not much progress.
    Again, all who talked of delivering a working auto-installer didn't deliver anything.
    Pappagoat is away. I'm not able to help with any of the existing issues.
    Only Teafromprivy made some progress with the music patch.

what qualifies as a "normal" port that can have the ships?

Quote Originally Posted by Henronicus View Post
    what qualifies as a "normal" port that can have the ships?
    Standard trade port, not the military one.

Just want to say this mod is excellent. I do hope you get enough of a team together to get out a full 3.6 release in the near future.

does this mod still have that campaign crash bug or is it bug free now?

There has been no substantial feedback on the stability of the different startpos version provided in 3.6. Without any feedback we can't really go about fixing the campaigns.

Seriously, this is one of the best mods out there! I would really like to see the final product become a reality. Amazing work on the 79th Highlanders and the 69th New York zouaves.

Would just like to mention that when playing as the Union and you capture Virginia via siege turns the city disappears. It's visually there. But you cannot click on it to upgrade structures and so on.

Also, just a fun thought....you don't have to limit yourself to only dragoons for cavalry. Rush's lancers and 5th Texas carried lances. the 5th Texas actually used them. while not effective I think lancers could add some color to the roster.

For "special forces" you could always add "Andrews Raiders". They wore civilian clothes and were responsible for capturing a Confederate train with the intent to burn key rail bridges (first men to receive the Medal of Honor). Maybe you can use them as skirmishers or as agents? You could Use abolitionists and copperheads to convert population.

I'm just an idea guy. Would love to help in anyway I can.

Como lo instalo?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasontiramisu View Post
    Also, just a fun thought....you don't have to limit yourself to only dragoons for cavalry. Rush's lancers and 5th Texas carried lances. the 5th Texas actually used them. while not effective I think lancers could add some color to the roster.

For "special forces" you could always add "Andrews Raiders".
    Check the roster in single battles. Rush's Lancers and 5th Texas are already there with their lances. There are also a number of raider cavalry units, such as Quantrill's and Shelby's raiders, Natives, etc...

hello,

I love ACW 3.6 it's a great job, thanx a lot for this.

so i'm very sad when you say that they are no substantial evolution one the mod.
    i dont know the modding.
    but can you send us just the news maps? it's so difficult to make new map
    it's NTW norht and south map?

Just found them hidden in with the generals. You guys have covered everything! This is what a mod is supposed to be!

Really eager for the final product!