Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

Default Re: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

Quote Originally Posted by nickrica View Post
    Hey, i have my own mod for Mount & Blade so it's not like I have no idea. Mine is smaller by comparison but, I still have to tell people the basics such as how to use WinRar, and I don't lose my over it. I once started a Submod thread on here, and had it locked cause I didn't want to post in some dusty old thread that nobody even sees anymore. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...gimental-Flags It's still up there on the list without anyone else starting a new thread, so I really don't see the problem with rehashing old topics or asking questions as it's not like that many people are posting anyways.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by nickrica View Post
    Well, I wouldn't mind so much, lol. I just think that people being enthusiastic about your mod is a good thing, and the process of going about properly installing stuff can be tricky for people who are unfamiliar with it. They shouldn't have their heads bitten off for asking questions, especially if they're new to the party.

It was on the first page along with the DL links. I've had to guide multiple people through installing and am happy with that. We have real lives to and would hope people can exercise a little bit of initiative before asking when instructions have already clearly been provided. If it was buried on page x out of y pages I'd understand... but it was on the front page!
    Last edited by pappagoat; February 14, 2015 at 05:51 AM.

any word on a full release?

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy505 View Post
    any word on a full release?
    ?????

The main obstacle to further progress is the need to re-programme the launcher... no ones stepped up to the plate to help.

Quote Originally Posted by pappagoat View Post
    The main obstacle to further progress is the need to re-programme the launcher... no ones stepped up to the plate to help.
    what is needed for this? I have a little bit of coding knowledge

Not sure, have a look at the sub-powers loader the mod uses and see if you can figure it out.

msckman101's Avatar Foederatus

I hope everybody is enjoying 3.6. Unfortunately I am unable to after 4 times of dragging and replacing folders, and even just extracting. For some reason my files just say "no". I will have to wait until full release (with auto installer) once it comes. What I have played I have thoroughly enjoyed. I am thinking about starting a thread and titling it "3.6 Full Release Progress Report" As now its time for us to move forward to the next release.

Musickman

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by msckman101 View Post
    I will have to wait until full release (with auto installer) once it comes. I am thinking about starting a thread and titling it "3.6 Full Release Progress Report" As now its time for us to move forward to the next release.
    Don't hold your breath for that one. Pappagoat and myself don't know how to make an auto-installer and none of the people who said they'd have a go at one, delivered anything. So, unless some miracle happens, we're not likely to see a "Full Release" anytime soon, if at all...

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

sigh, looks like this mod is now sadly dead

sigh, looks like this mod is now sadly dead
    Lol, it's not dead though

Without anyone to sort out the launcher it's going nowhere, hence dead

Without anyone to sort out the launcher it's going nowhere, hence dead
    You are wrong. The mod is undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    You are wrong. The mod is undead.
    The mod will be dead soon if ya can't find anybody to help. There needs to be word sent out, this mod needs recognition. This forum seems locked out from the TW community.

Ok, ok, if you're all so eager to proclaim it dead, then it's dead. Happy?

Hey doods,

I... like many of you believe this is a fantastic mod with excellent depth, feel and immersion.

Let us have a go at finding one or two fabulous individuals who are serious about putting a little work in.
    Trig and Pappagoat have politely hinted and asked if anyone is up for helping with building a launcher.
    There are other things with the mod that require a little work and kind, dedicated attention.
    Let's ring a bell, send a raven, pray to the sun-god Ra... whatever and get it done.
    This mod WILL be fully realized, it would seem that WE will have to make it happen.

If anyone is serious about helping, send a PM and detail what you can help with, offer to pitch in, start a thread if needs be etc ...get serious.
    Let's get moving!

Volunteers...
    Just as them souls who eagerly stepped up for their causes in 1861 and 1862 and formed those now-famous regiments for the Union and CSA, let us get recruiting and volunteering to get this mod fully completed.
    It's up to us.

Nothing is dead until it stops breathing.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Won't help. It's not a bug. Did you read the list in the first post?

14. The ACW music pack and Smoke packs will not work with this version. Will have to be re-incorporated for next release. Do not enable them in the launcher. In campaign only Warband music will play. If you want Civil War tunes while you play, turn the music in game off, launch YouTube before starting the game and put on this playlist.

Hey Trig,

Excellent play-list !
    The song "We'll fight for Uncle Sam" has the exact same melody and chords as "Whiskey in a Jar".
    Awesome!

D

Let me ask a serious question do you guys need a launcher to install the mod or a launcher like 3.4 to sort files????

Quote Originally Posted by Railin12 View Post
    Let me ask a serious question do you guys need a launcher to install the mod or a launcher like 3.4 to sort files????
    Hey Railin,

Yes... for v3.6 you require subs launcher.
    Here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...982-Subs-Power

If you go to the very first post on the very first page of this thread there are detailed instructions showing you how to get v3.6 installed all nice and neat.

Regards,
    D

No The Dee thats not what im asking. Do you need someone to MAKE a launcher to install the mod or a launcher to sort files