Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

Default Re: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

Read the instructions on page one!!!

Advice: If you have crashes with the 3.6 Starting Armies Startpos, try using the 3.6 no starting armies version.

II. BETA TESTING CAMPAIGN SELECTION for experienced users that want to experiment:

Due to bugs with the present campaign files (startpos) we have provided several versions of the campaign files for you to choose from. The latest versions are more immersive and enjoyable, including some starting armies and forts (3.6 Starting Armies), but will have campaign crashes at certain point. The older campaign files are probably more stable but have several inaccuracies and are likely less fun (3.4 and 3.5)

Due to the lack of a new launcher you will have to manually select which version of the campaign you want to play.

Different campaign files are available in Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\SubMods\ZoR\WPATH\CS or US.
    Copy the files from any of the 3.4, 3.5 or 3.6 subfolders that you wish to use into
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\SubMods\ZoR\WPATH\CS or US
    and into
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH\CS or US

Don't worry, it only looks scary, but it really isn't.

Keep up the good work! This mod is better than most games based on the same era.

Can some one tell me what needs to be fixed to make the mod stable? I got no problem doing the work and I have the time. I am the led designer of The Grand campaign mod for Darkest Hour check it here for my creeds https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...4-1991.730432/

Please PM Pappagoat or Trig, they pick this mod up and are the current workers.

I am trying to figure out this campaign map crash issue and I need everyone's help! What I need is your last savegame before the crash. Email it too me or send me a download link to it and let me know if it is us or cs game and what version of startpos you were using. The more I get the faster I can fix the problem. My email is ejwith9953@gmail.com. Thank you!!!

"Cant find file C:program86/steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/empire exe...Controll that u put the right name and try again"

This happens when i try to start the game trouugh the LAUNCER ... what im i doing wrong? yes i have the Warpath!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirthur View Post
    "Cant find file C:program86/steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/empire exe...Controll that u put the right name and try again"

This happens when i try to start the game trouugh the LAUNCER ... what im i doing wrong? yes i have the Warpath!
    make sure the launcher target path is right, if it is than could be registry issue, i dont run via the acw launcher, i get everything set and run from my shortcut on my desktop

You have to run it from the ACW launcher the first time...... Its located in your Empire folder

HI and thanks for answer!! i really want to get this mod going!!... Well first i got alot of errors and then i changed all the paths cuz i had ETW in my D instead of C so i changed it to C/ and installed the beta 3,6 ONLY in C aswell! now i got up the launcher i checked the ZoR etc and i can press launch! when it launches it tried to start empire tw i get up to loading black screen and then it crashes ... IM SO CLOSE HELP ME!!!!

cjm81499's Avatar Biarchus

Anyone up for some 3.6 multiplayer battles?

YouTube videos (20 in all) by Pix Apollo using the CW 3.6 Mod has me salivating to play this game mod. Poured over the first 3 pages of comments here, more to be read. I'm no pc genius, sure wish there was an easier way to get this mod up and running on my computer.

Let me put it this way: I'd pay for the 3.6 mod if it meant a simple download (or disk) process, which included all the best (or preferable) settings to having a smooth running game from jump-street. Maybe I'm asking too much.. To tell the truth: I am somewhat intimidated or overwhelmed on setting up this mod from scratch. I have no prior versions of this mod, nothing, and don't want to mess up what TW games I already have. Have read so many (problem) comments about getting the mod to work, at the same time have read many that praise the game, I'd rather be of those that praise the game, instead of floundering around trying to get the mod to work. If someone can sell me a disk loaded with everything (all versions and patches) I need to get started, I'd be more than grateful.

I am still working on the crash bug, had to take a few weeks off due to my 5 year old nearly dying and undergoing multiple surgery's. I am back at it as of this message, any help would be great. As far as making the install easier I will see if I can come up with an idea after fixing the crash bug.

Thanks for responding!

I can only be empathic to your personal plight for I had no major health issues with my son, Thank God!

Wish you and your family the best, Good Luck, Bob

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

It only looks intimidating, but it's really not. It's just several rather straightforward steps.
    Go to page 1 of this topic and follow the installation procedure one step at a time or use Railin's auto-installer, which installs the whole thing in one go:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Beta-Installer

Quote Originally Posted by operating View Post
    YouTube videos (20 in all) by Pix Apollo using the CW 3.6 Mod has me salivating to play this game mod. Poured over the first 3 pages of comments here, more to be read. I'm no pc genius, sure wish there was an easier way to get this mod up and running on my computer.
    I looked at Pixelated Apollo's let's play and he's using old 3.4 version, not 3.6
    Last edited by Trig; October 04, 2015 at 12:53 PM.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Thanks Trig!

I'll give it a go. Did not see the post you referred to before. Keeping my fingers crossed (X) it works.

Yes, regardless, I'm sure 3.6 must be an improvement over 3.4, so why not start out with the best!!! Pixelated Apollo's videos none-the-less have been very entertaining, matter-O-fact his 21st installment (sunday series) should be sometime today of 3.4.

Question: When I go to open the 3.6 folder with rar opener or zr opener all I get is a full screen with a compressed looking thing colored green in the middle of a white screen. I'm at a loss as to what to do with it? There no instructions for what to do with this screen. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bob

Restarted pc and got Steam going to where I have window to select ETW or Napoleon ready for either one ready for the "play" button to be hit. Went back to the 3.6 download file in my computer, double clicked it , got the white screen with the green 7z compression symbol in the middle. That's where I am stuck! I'm no computer geek, I need help!

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Get 7z decompressor or use the all-in-one autoinstaller I suggested in the link above.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links