Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Version 1.6 Beta Test Bug Reports

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Version 1.6 Beta Test Bug Reports

You may apply this for private use but...

I meant in regards to it affecting the testing. I don't know how the mod team feels about using the 4GB patch, as it could have an effect on the stability of the game, and I don't know if they'd prefer to have people test it without it (seeing as how we can't recommend using the patch on the forums)

Blog Entries

Using the patch for testing will skew the results in relation to other testers without it - I would suggest to always mention that you are using the patch when reporting test results. (Mentioning this is vastly different from mentioning that you are using a pirated EXE)

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Yes because basically it falls under a technicism of no altered EXE, not because they are bad per se, but because more often than not executables are altered to bypass security regarding the copy of the application (pirating games). Hence, to cover any possible threats any modification to the main executable, no matter it's intention is forbidden on the EULA, and by extension the forums adopted the same policy.

Not that doing this is considered piracy, or is something bad or anything, just that again, by technicism you can't distribute modified executables or tell how to modify them here.

Now, the 64 bits patch seems fairly innocent to be honest and in no way threatens CA or the legality of the game, as long is stated is only for personal use I would believe it's okay to have around but Gigantus of course would know better than me.

About that FPSboost, I would like to know more about it. There's also an optimization guide for Med 2 somewhere but I can't find it
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Lord Baal I have noticed the same crash a few times, at the end of a battle when transitioning to strategic map.

Blog Entries

Check for numerical consistency (sequence) of entries in text\quotes (Author and Quote). If the total exceeds 120 check for the same consistency in descr_transition_screen, make sure the last number agrees with the last number in text\quotes.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 16, 2015 at 09:19 AM.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Interesting. I'll check that.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Hi guys

Lord N let me in to test but I can't get on to test

I have the same issue as has been posted where I press to start a campaign and it throws me back to the previous screen.
    I installed as Holy P wrote, word for word. Uninstalled 'maps' and 'settlements' folders, re-installed 1.6 and deleted map.rwm as the last thing - then go to play.

I've tried everything I can think of including several re-installs to make it work.
    Any ides please guys and thanks...

Blog Entries

Crash to menu is usually a descr_strat issue. First delete the map.rwm file in the ...\data\world\maps\base folder. If that doesn't help then compress your log (7Zip is freeware) and upload it so we can have a look.

Where do I find my log files?

I have a log folder in the main M2 folder but it is empty.

OK

Finally got it to work using forum advise - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...se-sticky-this
    Using this change to warhammer.cfg -
    [log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    ;level = * error

Weirdly, after applying this log fix, my game now works!?
    I do have a different problem now though, I have no txt for choosing - Campaign, Quick Battle, Load Game, etc.
    Will try and fix this now.

Final post for this bug fix session - After re-applying Holy P's English Translation, it broke the game again. Same issue, choose campaign faction throws me back one page...

Blog Entries

1. Why did you install the mod into the british isle folder? There is no need for that: simply install into the designated mod folder and then apply this resource
    2. Your error: .../descr_strat.txt, at line 4117, column 90 - duplicated character name in this faction
    Unless this name in descr_strat file get's changed the error will remain.

Hi G

This is the descr_strat file I got directly from Lord N.
    The duplicate errors are within this file, on multiple lines. I deleted one by one, restarting the game and I found about 6-7 duplicates until the game would run.
    Could you or somebody send via Dropbox a descr_strat file that works please/thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/egyvm9am60...strat.txt?dl=0

Blog Entries

Seems a character entry got duplicated for a priest (see hero ability) without adjusting, that is bound to cause crashes:
    Code:
    character    Toothez, named character, male, age 18, x 169, y 59, hero_ability GorkFixIt_Ability
    traits goblin 1 , LoyaltyStarter 1 , GoodCommander 1 , G5_Hero 1
    army
    unit        Night Goblin Squig rider bodyguard                exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

character    Toothez, priest, male, age 30, x 145, y 31, hero_ability GorkFixIt_Ability 
    traits goblin 1 , NaturalPriestSkill 2 , GoodDenouncer 2 , G5_Hero 1

character    Ditymouta Cleverman, merchant, male, age 23, x 97, y 31
    traits goblin 1 , GoodMerchant 2 

character_record        Saruca,     female, age 50, alive, never_a_leader

relative     Skarsnik,     Saruca,        Shortlegga, Toothez, Humpbaka, Curveya,    end
    The name is also in the family tree - simply replace the priest's name with one from descr_names in that faction's list (moors) and remove the hero_ability entry inclusive the comma.

Please let Lord N know about this - I only do bug hunting but do not have the patch files.
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 01, 2015 at 06:42 PM.

Hi, i have the same bug than some other guys mentioned befor. Nearly after every battle (or at least every 2nd battle) the game crashs when transitioning to the stratetic map.

Check for numerical consistency (sequence) of entries in text\quotes (Author and Quote). If the total exceeds 120 check for the same consistency in descr_transition_screen, make sure the last number agrees with the last number in text\quotes.
    i checked that and the numbers are equal, any other solution?

Blog Entries

I still think it may be an error in those files - to confirm remove those (three) files (data\text folder has two: TXT and STRING.BIN) and then try again.

The kind folks at the Sich total war let me try the beta and so far I have encountered a weird problem with Cyrillic text. On the strategic map the names of the cities and characters are displayed correctly, but when I right click on a unit or a building I get a description (displayed normally, in Cyrillic) but the name is missing. Its like "... .... Legio VII ..." and then characteristics and description. It is the same for every building and unit. It appears that the same goes for the title of the events.
    Can somebody help me with that? Thanks!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast