Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1.6 Beta Faction Selection (for Beta Testers)

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default 1.6 Beta Faction Selection (for Beta Testers)

Hello fellow beta testers,

I'm making this thread just so we can decide who gets what faction. Please post which faction that you'd like to test below so that we aren't all testing the same factions.

If somebody has claimed a faction that you wanted to test, please do one of the following:

1) Choose a different faction
    2) Ask the other person if they're willing to switch (but please be civil about it)

Once all factions have been claimed, and if there are more beta testers, we will begin having multiple people working on the same faction.

If there aren't enough people to take up all faction slots, members will have to start taking up more than one faction to test out.

So please sign up as soon as you get the beta. I'll keep the list updated here

Taken Factions Chaos Dwarves - AllianceDeath
    Kislev - Isdanil
    Tomb Kings - mr.playa
    Reikland - The Holy Pilgrim
    Night Goblins - rantan007
    Dwarves (and Wissenland) - Lord Baal
    Border Princes - JC_CESAR
    High Elves - oelewapper
    Ostland - Sigmar Heldenhammer
    Middenland and Middenheim - TachChef
    Orcs and Goblins - mattgrevy
    Norsca - Vette
    Nordland - Snorri_Snorrison
    Minions of Tzeentch - ShahMatt

Remember: this thread is only for picking your factions. All bugs shall be reported here!

TRANSLATION UPDATE *BUGFIX*! Dec 30, 2014
    For those that cannot read Russian, I made a rough, early translation to help you test:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/tr...jt3ae/data.zip

Just extract to your Call_of_Warhammer folder
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; January 08, 2015 at 10:45 AM.

Default Re: 1.6 Beta Faction Selection (for Beta Testers)

I'm not sure if certain people have to be accepted into the beta test, or if I am a part of it but i did post in the other thread.

I'd happily test Chaos Dwarves.

Citizen

If you get a link from Lord Necromancer, then you've been selected as a beta-tester

I'd like to test Kislev faction. (but if someone REALLY INSISTS that Kislev is their one and true love and bff, then i am willing to trade ofc ). Currently downloading the mod.
    Last edited by Isdanil; December 24, 2014 at 05:23 PM.

I'd like to test the Skaven faction.

i will try Tomb Kings faction
    put do i have to download the original version of the mod ?

cause i have gigantus version currently

Citizen

You will need the original mod, yes.

Luckily, this link (http://www.g4g.it/2014/03/18/call-of...total-war-mod/) is really good. I found it today to download the original version of the mod, and it has everything that you need

I will also be releasing an English Patch for beta-testers to make things easier the day after Christmas (I won't be here tomorrow).

Are you able to send us the link The Holy Pilgrim? I don't think Lord Necromancer has been online since you posted this. Will we be updated if we are not selected? Just wondering because I've been checking back on these forums every hour or so lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Auphilia View Post
    Are you able to send us the link The Holy Pilgrim? I don't think Lord Necromancer has been online since you posted this. Will we be updated if we are not selected? Just wondering because I've been checking back on these forums every hour or so lolz
    Jeez guys, relax, i just dont have 24/7 and 10 hands And i am human after all)) Everyone who want to join the testers will get the link Just PM me and i share it with you. And yes 1.5.1 clear version required, i cant remember well but Mesn said that Gigantus version may not work

alright then i will start downloading the original mod
    hopefully i will be able to start testing tonight
    but just to make sure i already have a gig clean install i will test the patch with it and if it does not work i will confirm it here

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by mr.playa View Post
    but just to make sure i already have a gig clean install i will test the patch with it and if it does not work i will confirm it here
    Yes, that would be very helpful! Thank you

Also, the link that I provided above will not overwrite Gig's version, so you can have both versions at the same time

Just be careful though. If the beta does work with Gig's version, there might be bugs that exist in one version and not the other, skewing test results.

The original version is preferred, but if Gig's version works and you can't get the original, then that should probably be ok.
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; December 25, 2014 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.playa View Post
    alright then i will start downloading the original mod
    hopefully i will be able to start testing tonight
    I tried yesterday night, and it doesn't work with Gig version

i can confirm it works with gig version of the mod
    aside from the little longer loading time

and the missed up start menu and pause menu
    its works fine
    probably because of the language issue
    i started my campaign as the tomb kings
    it kept loading when the map showed up because of a late pop up that appeared
    it contained the text
    dont translate
    after that the campaign runs fine
    loving the new map by the way
    just a request
    if u can provide a little description for the units of the new faction so we can know what we are dealing with here
    i cant tell which are light and heavy infantry
    and do the same rules of sylvania apply for the tomb kings
    in terms of night battles ?

am gonna run this test with fog off if its ok
    and so far its good

I will test the Night Goblins

ps: Excuse me, it was a mistake about Gigantus version. Finaly I uninstaled his version, instaled it again, and now it work with CoW 1.6
    But I'm now using the regular version to be sure that the bugs I will find aren't specific to Gigantus version.

Can i test the Border Prince or it's already taken?

Vossie's Avatar Decanus

Couldn't get it to work with Gig's version. Not even with a clean install. I got it to launch and everything but it won't let me start a campaign.

Anyways when I get it to work I'll test the Orks & Goblins.
    Imperium Romanum

Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    Couldn't get it to work with Gig's version. Not even with a clean install. I got it to launch and everything but it won't let me start a campaign.

Anyways when I get it to work I'll test the Orks & Goblins.
    Anyway, try to test it with the regular version. Someone said that otherwise you will maybe find bugs which are specific with Gigantus version. Holy Pilgrim gave a link for the regular version who is working well (I used it):
    fast downloading, and easy to install

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Necromancer View Post
    Jeez guys, relax, i just dont have 24/7 and 10 hands And i am human after all)
    HERESY!!!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

I'm trying to test it with a clean install of the normal version that was linked, it keeps crashing when launching any campaign or even quick battles. I suspect it is the same issue Vossie is having. I'll try to see if I can figure out what is causing it or some fix.

To clarify the process...

1. You go here: http://www.g4g.it/2014/03/18/call-of...total-war-mod/
    2. Download those files. Extract them.

3. Install 1.5 clean, then install the 1.5.1 patch.

4. You remove the "base" and "campaign" folders in mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data\world\maps
    5. You remove the "settlements" folder in mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data

6. You install the 1.6 patch and overwrite everything and use the new warhammer.bat to launch.

Done?

I will note that during the installation of the 1.6 patch I get an error that one file can not be found. Let me do it again to get the actual name of the file..
    "Nord_culture" is no longer located in 1.6.beta\Call_of_Warhammer\data\settlements. Earlier I think it was saying a different file was missing. I'll just re-download the entire thing and try again.

After downloading the 1.6 patch again, during installation it says the file "1.6.beta\Call_of_Warhammer\data\terrain\aerial_map" is no longer located in that directory and can't be extracted to the mod. This is the same error I was getting last time, and this is a new download. Is anyone else seeing this? q.q

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast