Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Information about 1.0 Release, Content, Steam Version and Future Updates

Icon3 Information about 1.0 Release, Content, Steam Version and Future Updates

Greetings and Happy Holidays to everyone We know you have been patiently waiting for our 1.0 full release version of the mod. We are happy to announce that we are very close to release at this time. Our estimate is that the mod will be released within the next week, depending on how final touches go. I thank you all for your patience and understanding as I hope you realize we are balancing our hobby (modding) with life's obligations during a holiday schedule.

Edit: We plan on releasing the mod December 28 around 6-8 PM GMT.

About 1.0
    The reason we have taken so long to produce our full release version is that it is not just another update to the mod. Our previous versions have been what most would consider "beta" versions in that we were adding core mechanics and overhauls. Once those core mechanics were in place, we wanted to take the mod into the workshop and fully flesh it out as a finalized product. That is not to say, however, that there will not be issues that must be patched post-release. Any large project like this will inevitably have things that need to be fixed. We have done our best to limit those.

A general overview of what new things you can expect in 1.0 (Preview Threads Found Here):

1.0 will not be save compatible.

Campaign

Campaign Previews Found Here
    - All new cultures for various factions, adding depth to the campaign map. New temples to go with those cultures.
    - Increased difficulty both in terms of economy and ease of expansion.
    - Army unit caps have been removed for most unit types. Unit costs/upkeep will hopefully serve as a more natural cap. Also, the system was something the player could bypass.
    - New custom chapter missions for the 4 factions not normally playable in vanilla.
    - Revamped Garrison public order system that takes into account troop count and culture of the region. Now, a single general can be a governor with no PO penalty.
    - Custom scripted events for homeland defense in Carthage and Rome. Also, events that represent historical instances (such as a diplomacy hit if Sicily is trespassed upon by Rome or Carthage).
    - Historical city information panels.
    - Faction leader effects. When stationed at your capital, your faction leader will impact your overall faction depending on his traits.
    - Various improvements to recruitment, rosters, etc.

Battle Overhaul

Battle Overhaul Preview Found Here -- Siege Overhaul
    - Unit stats have been redone from the ground up.
    - Battle mechanics have been completely reworked. This includes fatigue, morale, projectiles, etc.
    - Overall balance massively improved.
    - Unit costs and upkeep have been changed to reflect unit stats.
    - Sieges have been completely reworked to improve the experience and have the AI properly use engines, etc.
    - Holdout times have been changed and the AI will properly build engines. Siege techs now actually matter.
    - Artillery reworked to make them useful against buildings but the larger engines won't be as useful against troops. More engines per unit also.

UI Improvements

UI Preview Found Here and Here
    - Completely custom unit cards based on the way the units look in battles. Unit card icons to denote AOR, Merc, and Auxiliary units.
    - New Agent cards representing how they look in-game.
    - Custom cultural UIs for the different factions in the game. This really adds a unique feel to each faction and immersion to the game itself.
    - Various UI improvements and tweaks.

Faction Overhauls

Faction Overhaul Previews Found Here: Steppe Factions -- Parthia -- Saba -- Unit Polishing
    - Completely overhauled rosters and units/textures/models for Parthia, the Nomads and Saba.
    - Saka Rauka (previously Massagetae) will have their own unique reform system.
    - Parthian culture now includes the Dahae and Parthava, who now can all confederate.
    - Most units have had massive variation added to them to improve their look in battles. Levy units have been reworked.
    - Female models added to barbarian garrison townfolk and some Steppe units.

Steam Version Information
    - When 1.0 is released, I will post a new Part 1 for the Steam version. Using this new 1.0 Part 1 with the previous parts 2-4 will be all anyone needs for Steam.
    - You will no longer need 0.96 part 1 unless you are using a save game. I will keep the 0.96 part up for awhile but it will no longer be updated.
    - Due to the mod's size, parts 2-4 will also be updated but they are simply texture repositories and, so, you can retain those parts for use.
    - If you use the Steam version, please rate the new 1.0 Part 1 with a "thumps up" or whatever the silly Steam system is. This is not an attempt to get cheap upvotes. Rather, we need this version to be listed above the older versions in the workshop. Right now, the way out of date 5 part version is still listed highest and people go to that thinking its the current version.

After 1.0
    - This will not be the final version of the mod by any means. Yes, Attila is releasing and I am sure many players will be eager to try that out and enjoy that game. However, we feel that Rome 2 will always be around as the option for those who want to play the ancient timeframe in which it is set.
    - So, we will continue work on the mod. Of course, after release, we will have patch fixes when problems arise. However, we are also planning on 1.1 which will bring many other features.
    - 1.1 planned features (WIP, some of these may make it, some may not): Persia playable and roster overhaul, Nabataea playable and roster overhaul, Baktria roster improvements, inclusion of Indian units or faction, Character trait system overhaul, Naval Overhaul, DLC Mini-campaign improvements, more battle improvements, possibly a supply system and many other ideas.

Once again thank you all for your patience as we work to make this the best mod we can
    Last edited by Dresden; December 27, 2014 at 09:46 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Information about 1.0 Release, Content, Steam Version and Future Updates

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Laetus

Default Re: Information about 1.0 Release, Content, Steam Version and Future Updates

Thankyou, thankyou dearly.

Richard III's Avatar Tiro

A merry Christmas indeed! Thank you DeI team, from Dresden to Testers and everyone in between. Happy holidays all!
    "Good Men Don't Need Rules."

Hannib4l's Avatar Foederatus

WoW thanks and merry xmas

I can see the light...!

This looks amazing! Are there any factions getting new units besides the ones mentioned in the previews?

It's not even out yet and already more is wanted!!

The major overhauls are in the previews. However, there are other changes with rosters. The Illyrians and Thracians have had their recruitment reworked to better use the buildings and fix some unrecruitable units. The Egyptians have Galatian Royal Guard again as a bodyguard option. Massilia has its own hoplites. The Iberians have been reworked to better make use of their unit diversity for all the factions.

More importantly, you will notice a fairly large difference with many of the units in terms of variation in skins, faces, armors, etc for all factions.

How many hours total do you think have been invested, Dresden, in this masterpiece?

Over a year of almost daily work from a team of rotating members, between 8-12 at a time people...I can't really even fathom...

I have probably clocked 50-60 hours just this past week getting everything geared up for release and we have many just as dedicated modders

Someone with the expertise should make a documentary about this mod in particular or the total war modding community as a whole.

What really makes it remarkable in my mind is the fact that the modders come from all over the world. Brought together by their passion for the community and the games. I think we have modders from over 8 countries at least, maybe more, spanning the globe.

Eternal Thanks!!!

looking forward for it guys! Thanks!!!

Thanks for all your great work, guys.

Goood gawd, my heart nearly skipped a beat! Thank you guys and congrats on your 1.0 release!

Senator

An opportunity to say "thank you so much" that you made/make R2TW much more interesting and in the end at all playable for me (together with BullGods unit card mod I have to admit ). Your commitment to the mod, information policy and kindness in replying to the greedy and demanding bunch of players like me is exceptional as far as I can say.

Durador's Avatar Civis

Thanks team for all your work! It was/is a lot of fun to watch the mod grow up.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks a lot for all the effort involved!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Merry Christmas to DESDEN our hero !! and to everyone ! Thx for your work, you offer dream for Rome 2
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast