Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CAC v0.8, 0.9 and 1.x Issue Reporting Thread

Default Re: CAC v0.8 and 0.9 Issue Reporting Thread

• Description of the issue: I cannot assign a naval tradition to a naval unit.
    • Campaign where issue was encountered: Grand Campaign, 272 BC
    • What faction you're playing: "Basileion tou Kimmerikou Bosporou"
    • Any specific unit or feature involved: Full stack fleet. I've got a spearman seven, and a bunch of fives I think, eight with ballista and the rest with spearmen.
    • Additional information or details: I'm cheating my ass off with a trainer and so have lots of money, it's been a stressful couple of weeks and I need easy conquest, but the only file editing I've done for this game was to make artillery mobile. I haven't had problems assigning traditions for land units. This is the first game I've played with the latest hotfix, but didn't have the issue with the previous version of the game. I'll set this game aside and see if I have this problem with any other factions later this week. The following is a screenie. The cursor is on the button to add a tradition, but it disappeared in the screenshot.

I was playing as Rome, and every time I was playing a city defense, I noticed that the Urban Cohorts had very awkward spacing. It appears that the individual unit radius is bigger than it should be, causing the unit to shuffle around. Other that, really enjoying the mod and looking forward to what this team will bring in the future

Quote Originally Posted by dhampy View Post
    • Description of the issue: I cannot assign a naval tradition to a naval unit.
    • What faction you're playing: "Basileion tou Kimmerikou Bosporou"
    • Any specific unit or feature involved: Full stack fleet. I've got a spearman seven, and a bunch of fives I think, eight with ballista and the rest with spearmen.
    • Additional information or details: I'm cheating my ass off with a trainer and so have lots of money, it's been a stressful couple of weeks and I need easy conquest, but the only file editing I've done for this game was to make artillery mobile. I haven't had problems assigning traditions for land units. This is the first game I've played with the latest hotfix, but didn't have the issue with the previous version of the game. I'll set this game aside and see if I have this problem with any other factions later this week. The following is a screenie. The cursor is on the button to add a tradition, but it disappeared in the screenshot.

Follow up on this...

I started a new game as Syracuse and didn't run into this problem.

Maybe it's a one-time deal.

Quote Originally Posted by dhampy View Post
    Follow up on this...

I started a new game as Syracuse and didn't run into this problem.

Maybe it's a one-time deal.
    Thank you dhampy, it is very helpful. I will look into it before releasing 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Of the East View Post

I was playing as Rome, and every time I was playing a city defense, I noticed that the Urban Cohorts had very awkward spacing. It appears that the individual unit radius is bigger than it should be, causing the unit to shuffle around. Other that, really enjoying the mod and looking forward to what this team will bring in the future
    Thank you for the notification Blade. The garrison units may have different spacings than the regular units, but I agree it doesn't look right. I will take a look at it before 1.0.

Cheers
    iutland

I seem to have a problem with the Parthian/Parni/Dahae units ingame, in which, for some reason, their heads clip trough their caps at some distance, other than that, loving the mod! and loving the fact that you made the Parthians start as a nomadic steppe people before conquering persia, which they historically were.

Quote Originally Posted by General Skylark View Post
    I seem to have a problem with the Parthian/Parni/Dahae units ingame, in which, for some reason, their heads clip trough their caps at some distance, other than that, loving the mod! and loving the fact that you made the Parthians start as a nomadic steppe people before conquering persia, which they historically were.
    Hi General Skylark

I have the same problem and it also happens with vanilla units when they are equipped with the Steppe Cap models. I don't know what the root cause is and therefore not how to solve it. Since it is apparent for vanilla units, I don't think it is a CAC bug?

I'm glad you like the way we carefully modded Parni

Cheers
    iutland

Icon7 Re: CAC v0.8 and 0.9 Issue Reporting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Hi General Skylark

I have the same problem and it also happens with vanilla units when they are equipped with the Steppe Cap models. I don't know what the root cause is and therefore not how to solve it. Since it is apparent for vanilla units, I don't think it is a CAC bug?

I'm glad you like the way we carefully modded Parni

Cheers
    iutland
    Ahh i see, maybe its a bug with the newest steam update, i hope they find a way to fix it, but it'll probably take some time as they're kinda focused on Attila right now.

And you're welcome , glad to see there are skilled modders out there that are willing to put hours of research and effort into the game and give us such amazing results!

• Description of the issue: Reforms not working properly. I can recruit units before the required reform and the reform script never activates. For example I just finished building level II barracks and I can recruit all of the units (including Thorakitai Seleukoi, Kataphraktoi etc. before the II BC reform in 197) even though it is only 267 BC.
    • What faction you're playing: Seleucid Empire
    • Additional information or details: I'm playing on a Mac. I have had no problem running any other aspects of the mod expect with the reforms/script not activating properly. I hope someone can help since the historically accurate reforms are the main reason I wanted to play this mod. Also, here is a link to how I installed the mod on Mac for those not familiar with the process: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...peror-Edition?

Thanks for the report. I have identified the cause, fixed it and released a hotfix version 0.9.0.2 here at TW Center and at Steam WS. Your particular problem was caused by a bug in the edited army raiding stance effects, which are reverted back to vanilla. It was fairly easy to replicate the issue but also verify the fix

Download CAC version 0.9.0.2 hotfix, unpack it and overwrite the 0.9 file currently in your data folder. You can verify the 0.9.0.2 version in the campaign selection screens.CAC version 0.9.0.2 hotfix is available at Mediafire, Gamefront and Depositfiles.

Version 0.9.2 fixes the following issues in 0.9:
    1) An issue with unstable campaign play and subsequent crashes. Crashes were caused by the edited army raiding stance effects when a raiding army was attacked. The effects are now reverted back to vanilla effects to ensure mod stability. This particular fix is savegame compatible

2) An issue with start-battle crashes caused by added subcultures. A campaign restart is required for the fixto have any effect

3) An issue with Persia unable to declare war in Wrath of Sparta campaign. A campaign restart is required for the fixto have any effect
    Hello,

It seems I'm also getting a CTD now in the triumvirate campaign on turn 11. It crashes on second last\last AI faction turn (Usually Sophene). I'm playing as Bosporus. Re-loaded a few times and have the same problem.

First time playing this mod, and I was having a blast too! So I was already using the latest hotfix.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Rob003 View Post
    Hello,

It seems I'm also getting a CTD now in the triumvirate campaign on turn 11. It crashes on second last\last AI faction turn (Usually Sophene). I'm playing as Bosporus. Re-loaded a few times and have the same problem.

First time playing this mod, and I was having a blast too! So I was already using the latest hotfix.

Thanks,
    That is strange since you use the 0.9.0.2 version? If you want me to investigate it, you should make your pre-crash savegame available.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander91 View Post
    • Description of the issue: Reforms not working properly. I can recruit units before the required reform and the reform script never activates. For example I just finished building level II barracks and I can recruit all of the units (including Thorakitai Seleukoi, Kataphraktoi etc. before the II BC reform in 197) even though it is only 267 BC.
    • What faction you're playing: Seleucid Empire
    • Additional information or details: I'm playing on a Mac. I have had no problem running any other aspects of the mod expect with the reforms/script not activating properly. I hope someone can help since the historically accurate reforms are the main reason I wanted to play this mod. Also, here is a link to how I installed the mod on Mac for those not familiar with the process: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...peror-Edition?
    I can't replicate your issue on a PC installation; the script works fine for Seleucids. Maybe the whole scripting.lua file doesn't work on a Mac installation? Do you see the CAC intro text in the Campaign Advisor window when launching a new campaign?

That is strange since you use the 0.9.0.2 version? If you want me to investigate it, you should make your pre-crash savegame available.
    Thanks, I have the savegame. How should I send it to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob003 View Post
    Thanks, I have the savegame. How should I send it to you?
    Use an online filesharing service and upload it. After that share the link via Private Message.

Use an online filesharing service and upload it. After that share the link via Private Message.
    Thanks. I've sent the link to you.

I can't replicate your issue on a PC installation; the script works fine for Seleucids. Maybe the whole scripting.lua file doesn't work on a Mac installation? Do you see the CAC intro text in the Campaign Advisor window when launching a new campaign?
    Nope I've never seen the Campaign Advisor with any info about CAC. The only window that pops up at the beginning of the campaign is the vanilla intro. I think you might be right about the scripting.lua file.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander91 View Post
    Nope I've never seen the Campaign Advisor with any info about CAC. The only window that pops up at the beginning of the campaign is the vanilla intro. I think you might be right about the scripting.lua file.
    That explains it.

I seem to have a bizarre issue, or maybe I'm just not reading into it enough.

I've installed the mod as instructed, but when I go to custom battle, factions like Sparta only have 3 or 4 units (General, melee inf., hoplites and one unit of skirmishers). Did I do something wrong? I've used the .exe installer to go to my data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by zillamaster55 View Post
    I seem to have a bizarre issue, or maybe I'm just not reading into it enough.

I've installed the mod as instructed, but when I go to custom battle, factions like Sparta only have 3 or 4 units (General, melee inf., hoplites and one unit of skirmishers). Did I do something wrong? I've used the .exe installer to go to my data folder.
    And now I've moved it to Data to see if it would work and it's disappeared entirely from the launcher

Default Re: CAC v0.8, 0.9 and 1.x Issue Reporting Thread

Hey, I seem to be having a problem in 1.1 with my Pontus campaign, I have the 4tpy mod active and every time it rolls over from turn 57 to 58 it crashes after the rebel turn. Other than CAC I only have a music mod active. Let me know if you need me to send a save game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast