Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CAC v0.8, 0.9 and 1.x Issue Reporting Thread

Default CAC v0.8, 0.9 and 1.x Issue Reporting Thread

Use this thread when posting your issue (bug) reports concerning CAC v.0.8, 0.9 or 1.x. Do not use this thread to post feedback or discuss this mod. It is done here instead!

Issue reports should comply with the following template:

• Description of the issue
    • Campaign where issue was encountered
    • What faction you're playing
    • Any specific unit or feature involved
    • Additional information or details

Note that all scripted events are written in the CAC log file after they occurs. You will find the log file in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data\Logs
    Just attach the log file to your issue report if it is relevant.

We will use this information to correct any bugs in the mod. Please note that not every issue is a bug and may be the result of a design decision instead

Default Re: CAC v0.8 Issue Reporting Thread

Multiplayer Campaign

Two attempts were made to launch a CAC multiplayer campaign game over the internet (unsure if it would occur on LAN, no partner to test with), both had connection timeouts partway through the first turn time.

Host was playing Lusitani while I played the Sweboz - but I suspect the issue holds for any faction matchups.

The game began reporting "waiting for players" on both ends as soon as the turn processing began, and it sporadically flickered off and on as the turn cooked until eventually a disconnect was declared by the game and the session was automatically aborted.

In past we've run multiple campaigns without encountering connection troubles of this nature, so I suspect it's a symptom of the turn times themselves, not a coincidence occurence.

Uneducated conjecture is that the script load is stalling whatever game processes perform communications, leading it to believe connection has lost and thus time out, and likely won't be a solvable issue for as long as such turn times remain in place. Still, reporting the issue just so that people are aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Draewn View Post
    Multiplayer Campaign

Two attempts were made to launch a CAC multiplayer campaign game over the internet (unsure if it would occur on LAN, no partner to test with), both had connection timeouts partway through the first turn time.

Host was playing Lusitani while I played the Sweboz - but I suspect the issue holds for any faction matchups.

The game began reporting "waiting for players" on both ends as soon as the turn processing began, and it sporadically flickered off and on as the turn cooked until eventually a disconnect was declared by the game and the session was automatically aborted.

In past we've run multiple campaigns without encountering connection troubles of this nature, so I suspect it's a symptom of the turn times themselves, not a coincidence occurence.

Uneducated conjecture is that the script load is stalling whatever game processes perform communications, leading it to believe connection has lost and thus time out, and likely won't be a solvable issue for as long as such turn times remain in place. Still, reporting the issue just so that people are aware.
    Thank you Draewn for a precise and technical account of the multiplayer behaviour+Rep. You may want to try the Augustus campaign because it doesn't have the 1st turn campaign script wait time compared to the main campaign?

Merry Christmas
    iutland

Roman Emperor campaign - Recruitment Options

If I edit a saved game to increase the army number to 80 units, I can then see all future units in the recruitment options. They are greyed out but visible in the recruitment options panel. This also happened when the game crashed once and, without editing the saved game, simply reloading the last normal saved game. Which script is not running that normally hides these future units (Evocati Imperii etc.)? And can it be run/reset again after a loading a saved game?

TIA!

The Venetkens and Boii (Italian) seem to have no settlement building in their initial provinces in the main campaign. Loading in as the Venetkens, I was presented with the option to build any of the various special resource settlements or a generic settlement to fill that slot, with no income or recruitment from the town until such construction was complete.

Additionally, some of the Roman garrison units seem to be of nonstandard size - their starting garrisons seem to mass 240 men per unit (starting at 60/240) rather than the standard 160, and in my Carthage test run (seeing if my tweak to reform times for 1TPY play worked - will probably release the mini-mod here if all goes well) I encountered units of 400! plebs in the garrisons. Yes, 400 per unit. Is this working as designed? I haven't seen anything like it on the other factions I've tried.

Noticed that the Hashmannim are listed as a Hellenic culture. Also, none of their generals or agents have names when I hover over them or select them. I hope progress is going well, this is still my favorite mod

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Of the East View Post

Noticed that the Hashmannim are listed as a Hellenic culture. Also, none of their generals or agents have names when I hover over them or select them. I hope progress is going well, this is still my favorite mod
    Thank you for the report +Rep

It was caused by missing army/navy names for new subcultures. This is now corrected for all of them in 0.9 and some of the Hashmannim Generals were missing their arms, which is also fixed.

I'm glad you still like the mod and 0.9 is more or less complete by now

Cheers
    iutland

Quote Originally Posted by Draewn View Post
    The Venetkens and Boii (Italian) seem to have no settlement building in their initial provinces in the main campaign. Loading in as the Venetkens, I was presented with the option to build any of the various special resource settlements or a generic settlement to fill that slot, with no income or recruitment from the town until such construction was complete.

Additionally, some of the Roman garrison units seem to be of nonstandard size - their starting garrisons seem to mass 240 men per unit (starting at 60/240) rather than the standard 160, and in my Carthage test run (seeing if my tweak to reform times for 1TPY play worked - will probably release the mini-mod here if all goes well) I encountered units of 400! plebs in the garrisons. Yes, 400 per unit. Is this working as designed? I haven't seen anything like it on the other factions I've tried.
    The unit sizes are working as intended and the missing Venetkens and Boii starting buildings is a by-product of using TWeak to build the startpos.

I have a ctd when i press "start battle" after my strategy placement. I play with "Axum" in grand campaign . I'm sieging enemy "meroe" and he attack me. I've try restart . Now i will test with other civilisations if i enconter the same issue.

I've test with caledones and julii and it crash to. i've delete and verifying validity of cash. it occure again

Quote Originally Posted by doufny View Post
    I've test with caledones and julii and it crash to. i've delete and verifying validity of cash. it occure again
    Provide me with a copy of your savegame and I will take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by doufny View Post
    Hi doufny

I can confirm it crashes. I could also replicate a crash in the first turn as Carnutes attacked by Artebartes midway between the two settlements. However I cannot replicate the crash playing as either Carnutes or Artebartes and attacking another faction, then it works fine. I can also not find any errors in the files that could explain it.

Updated:
    The error seems to be related to the added subcultures. Whenever a faction belonging to an added subculture (Artebartes is Belgae and not Gallic) attacks you (only if he attack), then the game is likely to crash when you hit the start battle button. However the bug is not consistent and for me it never crashed when Artebartes attacked my second Carnutes army and it never crashed when I (Carnutes) attacked Artebartes. I have looked into the files and cannot find any reason or missing entries that can explain this. A permanent and straightforward solution would be to convert all factions to vanilla subcultures, but I need to think about that since it disables valuable parts of the mod.

Solution: None identified at the moment.
    Workaround: Do not defend manually against other subcultures in the beginning of the game.

Cheers
    iutland

Default Re: CAC v0.8 and 0.9 Issue Reporting Thread

Is 9.0 save game compatible? Every time I try to continue my 8.0 campaign it crashes at end turn

Is 9.0 save game compatible? Every time I try to continue my 8.0 campaign it crashes at end turn
    I don't know but it should be because nothing was removed

I'm having a problem where the game is crashing during the AI turns moves, always happens during the Areuakoi's portion. Happening during turn 15 as Rome.

I can confirm that 9.0 has some stability issues. I tried a triumvirate campaign and it always crashes during
    AI turns about 20 turns in

Sorry, 12 turns to be exact

Sorry, 12 turns to be exact
    Thanks for the report. I have identified the cause, fixed it and released a hotfix version 0.9.0.2 here at TW Center and at Steam WS. Your particular problem was caused by a bug in the edited army raiding stance effects, which are reverted back to vanilla. It was fairly easy to replicate the issue but also verify the fix

Download CAC version 0.9.0.2 hotfix, unpack it and overwrite the 0.9 file currently in your data folder. You can verify the 0.9.0.2 version in the campaign selection screens.CAC version 0.9.0.2 hotfix is available at Mediafire, Gamefront and Depositfiles.

Version 0.9.2 fixes the following issues in 0.9:
    1) An issue with unstable campaign play and subsequent crashes. Crashes were caused by the edited army raiding stance effects when a raiding army was attacked. The effects are now reverted back to vanilla effects to ensure mod stability. This particular fix is savegame compatible

2) An issue with start-battle crashes caused by added subcultures. A campaign restart is required for the fixto have any effect

3) An issue with Persia unable to declare war in Wrath of Sparta campaign. A campaign restart is required for the fixto have any effect

Seems to have worked so far, got through that AI turns without it crashing!

Quote Originally Posted by Lubz View Post
    Seems to have worked so far, got through that AI turns without it crashing!
    Thank you for the confirmation[emoji106] :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast