Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.6 beta test

Default Re: Patch 1.6 beta test

Update: To my knowledge without changing anything, I developed a different problem: I can now start a campaign. But I started one as Skaven, got the historical note and assassin dialogue (declined). Then I got an hourglass that lasted for a good long while, and finally an unspecified error and exit:

19:04:20.790 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    19:06:55.275 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

As always I would welcome any suggestions.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wcparker View Post
    09:41:15.076 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/british_isles/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 850, column 12
    could not create settlement at script line 850.

That's the last and presumably critical line. Note that I have MW2 on Steam; I believe installing to an existing mod folder is correct? Any suggestions? Thanks for all your help!
    For the time being leave it in the british campaign folder - if you experience more problems install into it's own folder and then install this into the mod's folder.
    You have a map generating problem, delete the map.rwm file in the data\world\maps\base folder.

Quote Originally Posted by wcparker View Post
    Update: To my knowledge without changing anything, I developed a different problem: I can now start a campaign. But I started one as Skaven, got the historical note and assassin dialogue (declined). Then I got an hourglass that lasted for a good long while, and finally an unspecified error and exit:

19:04:20.790 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    19:06:55.275 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

As always I would welcome any suggestions.
    Please change your log to trace by opening the CFG file in your mod's folder with notepad and then change the level = * error line to level = * trace
    Save and then play again. Your log will be extremely long but I assume at the end you will get a message about 'out of video memory'. Copy the last 10 lines of the log here. If you don't have that message, then compress the log (7Zip is freeware) and then upload it somewhere for soemone to have a look at it.
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 08, 2015 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks Gigantus! It's working at the moment, but if I get another crash I will upload a better log.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

Hi, i would like to test the beta too. Even i dont sprak Russian.

So finally I did 2 campaigns with the Night Goblins (a bit of 100 turns each one), and I had no crashes ! Only few times during battles but I never could do it again.
    So I think I will try another faction now and see how it works

i would like to join beta if it is still possible ^^

- Storm of Chaos. Now Archaon with his horde moving from chaos wastes, across the entire Kislev (by the way attacking all major Kislev cities), through Ostland and Hohland, to the Middenheim;
    - Grimgor's WAAAAGH!!!. Now, if you playing for other fractions and let him capture Middenheim, a huge amount of orc stacks will be spawned and they will tear you apart for sure(game over of some sort, but if you Alexander the Macedonian you can try to deal with them);
    - Unification of Chaos when you playing chaos. Now if player cant manage to unite chaos to a certain turn, or after unification aint capture targeted settlements, Chaos Gods abandon him and will choose anothr champion( not player) United chaos will became your enemy after thet.

-Units based on elefants are BACK!!(crashes no more) (Great Deamons, Deamon-Lord, Giants, Dire Wolfs, Chaos Hounds).

Guys- AMAZING changes ! i'm truly amazed that u did menage to do such things !!!

But i don't like this changes :
    7.. For most of bright allianse fractions removed ability to build their buildings in most of native evil settlements(example: scaven lairs, orc camps, chaos citadels etc.)

So if for example someone will retake the chaos dwarfs holds or old holds of the dwarfs taken by gobos or greenskins/scaven they won't be able to "clean" it and rebuild ? i know that it woud be impossible to do such thing with chaos holds - becuse the chaos taint... but we all know that dwarfs can retake their old holds from skvens/gobos - it's lorelike .

Also - the beastman shires are still changing names after empire takes them ? can we build there our new village ?
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

How's the beta going? any ETA on release? Когда версия 1.6 будет выпущен ?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSword View Post
    How's the beta going? any ETA on release? Когда версия 1.6 будет выпущен ?
    Hey mate, u are Russian ? becuse u will be a hell of a help here after relasing 1.6 - if u know english well (translations) .
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Quote Originally Posted by Klierowski View Post
    Hey mate, u are Russian ? becuse u will be a hell of a help here after relasing 1.6 - if u know english well (translations) .
    I'm about 25% Russian , Great grandparents immigrated from there after WWI. I can def help translate everything when its needed, I use a translator and then use my knowledge of the warhammer universe to figure out what it SHOULD mean. It often comes out skewed or misleading with a direct translation.

Hello, im Beatrice and I would help the Team with translations and testing the factions who are still in progress.
    Im half russian and I speak with my parents often in our main language, so I think I should handle the translation in some way.
    If there is still a slot free I would gladly join.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Great, when the time comes around you could help a great deal translating this awesome mod.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Huh ? I thought 1.6 would be englsih too. Or it got a patch like it was with 1.5 ?
    Well, lets hope its not that much ><

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

The mod is from russian team, translations have always been community project here at TWC. Asking them to make it for two languages, where other one isn't theyr native one, is a bit too much asked I think. But again, anyone who can help with the translation, is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    The mod is from russian team, translations have always been community project here at TWC. Asking them to make it for two languages, where other one isn't theyr native one, is a bit too much asked I think. But again, anyone who can help with the translation, is free to do so.
    When the time comes, I pledge my blade....

are you still in need of beta testers? i was to busy playing 1.5.1 to notice this thread.

Semisalis

We didnt have any news since almost 1.5 month sadly .

Hey I'm pretty free recently, wouldn't mind looking for some bugs for you guys!

Is it too late to ask for access?