Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.6 beta test

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

Default Re: Patch 1.6 beta test

WOAHH !!! This comes unexpected! Great to hear somethings going on!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Finally some news, its has been long time i waiting for this great news
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

hello sir!
    when it will probably linked?
    regards

Hey guys playing as skaven and haven't had any problems (on turn 84), there have been crashes but they are probably a function of my computer and don't recur when the game is restarted. One thing I would say is Tomb kings are too weak, on both campaigns they have been wiped out by chaos dwarves very soon into the game, also have you completely removed diplomacy because as Skaven the chaos dwarves were my main enemy but when chaos becomes undivided they are my ally?! and there's nothing I can do to change that. However, all in all 1.6 is looking good guys, great work! Need to integrate some of the new units into armies though (e.g. centigors for beastman)
    Thanks guys.

I was thinking ALL the skaven should sound like twitch from league of legends. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Insane3ob View Post
    I was thinking ALL the skaven should sound like twitch from league of legends. lol
    Oh god, LoL player here ! Heh, absolutely agree with ya, and i think they probably will

PS Op adc actually, and a potent jungler

Hello, i volunteer as BETA TESTER, i was playing Call of Warhammer for years and Love it !
    Let me help you make it happen !

Can I get a link to the test version? Or is it too late?

Yes! I love the mod so much, I would really love to help you guys out anyway I can, what is needed for testing? New factions the events? Or? If I have the time (and I think I have for the next 4 days) then I will write on a paper every bug/error I come across and try to explain the situation and what I did before I met the problem.

Cheers team for your great work. I have no skills to use on helping you with the mod beside being a beta tester.

Can I get a link to the test version? Or is it too late? ²

Hi all,

I received the 1.6 link for testing ... cannot make the game work ( i tried Everything ), most of cases its a crash from loading screen without any info. If anyone got this problem/solved it PLS Help. I really would like to help test this great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomaso1982 View Post
    Hi all,

I received the 1.6 link for testing ... cannot make the game work ( i tried Everything ), most of cases its a crash from loading screen without any info. If anyone got this problem/solved it PLS Help. I really would like to help test this great game.
    Dunno if this will help ya or not it worked for me when I was having trouble. delete the map.rwm file in data/world/maps/base

Okay i have had a few 60+ turn campaigns as the orcs started up and thus far it works great.
    There has only been some minor crashes after ending a turn and these were fixed by loading the auto-save created in the process of clicking end turn.

And in terms of the new Night goblin unit "Goblin Fanatics" did they not get a special animation or am i wrong. If they did and its implemented its not showing at least in my copy.

- Over and out!

A question for anyone about Battle Pilgrim's english language update: Should my main menu be in English? Right now it comes up blank, and I want to make sure I installed everything properly.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Check if your data\text\menu_english.TXT file has English text entries, eg {UI_MAIN_MENU_LOAD_GAME_INFO}Load a previously saved game
    If yes, then delete the data\text\menu_english.STRING.BIN file and start the game again

Any timeline when this patch will be released?

That did fix the menus, but I have some odd problems. When I try to start a campaign I click Single Player -> Storm of Chaos -> Start, and it takes me back to the Single Player menu. I haven't been able to start a game.

Blog Entries

Did you delete the map.rwm file n the data\world\maps\base folder? Otherwise there will be a message in the log about the cause of the error, it is usually descr_strat related.

Please let Battle Pilgrim know that he should provide his English language update WITH the string.bin files.

Thanks! I'm missing all sorts of files, according to the log. Lots of portraits, and more critically some imperialcampaign/maps files. I'm going to reinstall from scratch and see if it helps.

Blog Entries

If the log says 'missing' I wouldn't be too concerned - most of the time it's looking for file formats that are not used, are faction variants or are in the packs (were they are eventually found). It does get a bit tricky if that 'missing' comes just before the crash.

08:33:41.467 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga.dds
    08:33:41.467 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    08:33:58.835 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Bare_Geomod/data/models_strat/residences/faction_variants/timurids/northern_european_stone_keep.CAS

09:41:15.076 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/british_isles/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 850, column 12
    could not create settlement at script line 850.

That's the last and presumably critical line. Note that I have MW2 on Steam; I believe installing to an existing mod folder is correct? Any suggestions? Thanks for all your help!