Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.6 beta test

Default Re: Patch 1.6 beta test

Sadly I've been having many crashes playing as the Chaos Dwarf Expedition, they get a crash about 35% of the time after any battle vs any faction, if many Dwarf Blunderbuss fire on the same target as you look at it it can cause fatal graphics errors, and the battlefield around Gorgoths(?) Tower in the bottom right of the map has a glitched map, showing a gigantic mountain range, but really is just a massive hill that goes down a hill with a road.

I'm a big fantasy fan and got a lot of time in on 1.5.1 and I'd really like the chance to help beta test this

hmm. arent there anymore beta invites?

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Talk to Lord Necromancer. PM him or something, he's the one giving them.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

When i played 1.5.1 the crashes were centered around empire factions, so I have played a campaign as reikland (the most buggy before) and it runs with no problems. If the guys don't have a problem with it, I will post some pictures for people to have a look at (of new units battling etc.).

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Just to remind, if you guys run into a crashes, post them to the bug-reports section in proper format to help the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Necromancer View Post
    ATTENTION!!

Dear testers You all are greatly help us and do a lot of things to our mod. But you can help even more if u will write your bug-reports by certain pattern.
    Why is this so important? If we want to be short, thats so because good bug-report allows:
    1. reconstruct the problem(its not always possible but we must press for it ).
    2. understand, what is the nature of the problem and how important it is.

How to write a good bug-report?
    At first, you must prepare yourself. If you discover a bug, dont run immidietly to the forum and type "its dont working!!!". Try to reconstruct error. Success? Good. If not, then you missed something. Try to remember, what exactly you did before it. Error happend again? Yay! Now try to minimize number of steps for reconstruction, and be shure, that there is nothing unnecessery there.

When you realized what data and wich actions caused the problem, briefly specify the essence - create a title of bug-report. Explain the problem as much detailed and concretized as the title says, but do not make it footlong

Example of a "bad" title: "Everything is freezing, when i attack the enemy"
    Example of a "better" title: "Game is freezing when dwarven army attacks goblin settlement"

Try to avoid frazes like this: "i recruit a unit", "i press the button" etc. Title and steps description is manual for those, who will be fixing the problem, so it is better to say how to "recruit a unit" or "press the button".

Now start to fill the form of bug report:

Create the title:

After that: Detailed description, type here all info about the error - clarify here those details, that cannot be mentioned in title. If you understand, what the deal(used old calculation formula, some extentions missed, error in some specific script etc) - write it too. If you dont know - try not to wonder what it is

Steps for reconstruction - main field to fill in bug-report.
    Write those steps, that you defined. As was said above, number of steps must be enough to reconstruct the problem. Not too long, not too short.

After this actions you must to type result.

If it is necessery type your expectations: what must happend in your opinion.

So, steps for reconstruction can look like this:

Steps for reconstruction :
    1. recruit an army...
    2. move an army from the citadel...
    3. attack another army
    4. press "retreat" button.

Result: general died in batle

Expected result: general must not die in battle.

If it is required: saves, logs, screenshots - attach them immidietly. Ofc, attachments must contain only necessery information, that can help to solve the problem.

Dont forget about "severity" - this therm tells how bug is critical in testers opinion. It is hard to say, how critical error is, but try not to tag every bug as critical.

PS please, after this post, all who want to participate in test, write your email and nothing else.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 05, 2015 at 01:36 PM.

Hey Holy!
    Long time no see. Well, if you need any help with the translation then feel free to let me know.

And to think I just wanted to see if there is sth new perhaps and bham!
    On release Quote:
    “Empire: Total War has exceeded all our expectations. It's one of those rare "great works" that the team will remember with enormous pride for the rest of their lives, and the public will remember as one of the landmark games of the decade”
    Mike Simpson, Creative Director at The Creative Assembly
    Oct 9 '09 Quote:
    "I had 6 copies of Empire: Total War sat on my shelf intended for close gamer friends that I didn’t send out because I was too embarrassed about the flaws."
    Mike Simpson, Creative Director at The Creative Assembly

Semisalis

ahah ! welcome back..glad to see you again for helping to transalte !

Where does Call of Warhammer store savegame and logs?

Normally save should be in mods\Call_of_Warhammer\saves, logs should be in M2TW\logs, but there are not there and I couldn't find it on a computer, alhough I can load savegame in CoW?

I've found it. In case someone is interested:

It was in: c:\VTRoot\HarddiskVolume4\...\M2TW\...

This file structure is created by sandbox of my antivirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraels View Post
    hi,

it was told by developpers that the loading hourglass after the campaign startin is normal (don't remember if its the first post of this thread or the other one) . It takes between 5 and 10 minutes for being playable (depends on your computer)..its due to scripts loading (believe me, A LOT). For me it takes 7 minutes.
    just press the space bar at the beginning. had the hour glass as well for 5-10 mins. after i pressed space bar in my second campaign the hour glass was just for 10 seconds. :p

its because the ai factions take some additional settlements at the beginning and if you dont speed up the movement on the campaign map it lasts for a pretty long time

Semisalis

interesting, will try it soon. It works for every new campaign (i already ticked "skip ai movments" ) ?

EDIT : it works , congratz and + 1 rep for u ..it will save me lot of time and should be announced in the first post of all topics which are talking about 1.6 beta starting
    Last edited by Tyraels; January 06, 2015 at 11:36 AM.

happy to hear that it was helpful and thanks for the rep!

I'm still repeatedly having the issues with starting a new campaign sending me back to the menu, i have tried all the fixes and this is still persisting. Any ideas or help?

Yep, try deleting the file for RODG or COW in your virtual store, that might have been what fixed it for me. Also holypilgrims translation has some fix in it i think..

Virtual store is wiped completely, first thing I checked and have checked since, I'm using the translation as well

Semisalis

i give you my folders from the translation, it worked for an other guy that had the same issue and installed well. Dont forget then to delete map.rwm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjgym75bgg...glish.rar?dl=0

can we talk about balancing as well or is it all about the bug hunting until now?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

The first and major priority is bug-hunting.

Once the game is well play-tested, then we can worry about balance

Semisalis

any news about the reports u've said u would analyze 5 days ago ?