Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.6 beta test

Default Re: Patch 1.6 beta test

Ok, so I found the problem with a unit on Tomb Kings. It might be a little early to announce but - their giant unit. I have no idea how it translates, but there's only one of them. Some big skeletal things with big-ass swords. Their name has something to do with "big". (Don't judge me for not learning proper russian! :/). Anyway..when you build them - you get 20 units in one squad. But the second you enter the battle - 20 turns into 9. Not only that, but only 3 actual units are present to begin with. In view at least. .... that's about it. Thank you. Have a nice day.

EDIT#!: Also, I can't seem to be able to build skeletal horse archers - even though one of the pyramid like buildings specifically showed that I should be able to (Once built)...but nope. Still can't. Which is sad.
    Last edited by algirdasu; November 04, 2015 at 07:17 AM.
    An amateur writer.

Alternative Reality - a work in progress. Currently disclosed content at -
    http://www.alternativerealitybook.com/

That likely means they're using the elephant framework, and the unit count refers to the number of invisible "riders" rather than what they happen to be on. And there is more of them than the game can actually put in, which is why the campaign map view and battle UI say different things.

I don't remember well what big guys Tomb Kings field. There are the Ushabti, and possibly some skelesphinx thing. I haven't played 1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhaioth View Post
    That likely means they're using the elephant framework, and the unit count refers to the number of invisible "riders" rather than what they happen to be on. And there is more of them than the game can actually put in, which is why the campaign map view and battle UI say different things.

I don't remember well what big guys Tomb Kings field. There are the Ushabti, and possibly some skelesphinx thing. I haven't played 1.6.
    Yeah so, everything is fine with the Ushabti as far as I know. The big guys are just..literally big skeletons with dual swords. With scarce Egyptian clothing and stuff. Thanks for helping me understand though.
    An amateur writer.

Bone Giants count as elephants, so that's the "rider" count. Don't worry about it, they're powerful enough with only 3 rather than 20, as long as you use them right.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    You could try to do it better. That woman is Valkia, so all you'd have to do is google translate and then fix everything up by reading the WHFB wikis on each subject, then writing a coherent paragraph on each thing. You could call it "Blumarak's Intelligible English Submod" and I'm sure you'd get a lot of thanks. Not even being sarcastic, it's a community of modders and submodders doing what they can, so if you can, please do.
    I looked up information for Valkia on the web and found nothing, which left me pondering where she came from. That aside, I'm incapable of programming something like a mod, so that's already something to forget.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Blumarak View Post
    I looked up information for Valkia on the web and found nothing, which left me pondering where she came from. That aside, I'm incapable of programming something like a mod, so that's already something to forget.
    Search "Valkia the Bloody"

HEre is some "original" english texts from my submod.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ancillaries
    {Valkia_armor}Scarlet Armour
    {Valkia_armor_desc}The famous armour of Valkia, the Scarlet Armour, completely covered in blood.
    {Valkia_armor_effects_desc} +4 Hitpoints, +6 Personal Security, +2 Authority, +3 Cruelty
    {Valkia_shield}Demon shield
    {Valkia_shield_desc}Valkia created this shield after her victory over Lotsefaksom, an incredibly perverted demon prince of Slaanesh. Since then, the demon prince's head decorates her shield, causing all to stare in a hypnotic gaze should they dare to approach.
    {Valkia_shield_effects_desc} +2 Hitpoints, +6 Personal Safety, +5 Authority, +3 Cruelty
    {Valkia_spear}The Lance of Slopnir
    {Valkia_spear_desc}The serrated spear of Valkia has killed untold numbers of kings and beggars, including the Demon Prince of Slaanesh, Lotsefaksa.
    {Valkia_spear_effects_desc} +6 Personal Security, +2 Authority, +3 Cruelty

Trait
    {Valkia}Bloody Valkia
    {Valkia_desc}Valkia, terrifying Queen of the northern tribe, the slayer of a demon prince of Slaanesh, the mortal who achieved the favor of Khorne, died in a great and bloody battle. Khorne however, had plans for this mortal woman, he picked her up from the dead and gave her a new form. Now she has returned to the mortal world filled of the terrible destructive powers of Khorne.
    {Valkia_epithet_desc}'I - Blood

Recruitment event

{VALKIA_RECRUITMENT_AI_BODY}My lord, Khorne himself raised Valkia from death as his queen. Woe to all she meets in battle!
    {VALKIA_RECRUITMENT_BODY}Bringer of Glory, the Gorequeen, Swordmaiden of the Blood God
    \n\Valkia, once the fell queen of northern tribe, Slayer of the Daemon Prince of Slaanesh, a mere mortal who was in Khorne's favour, has passed away in bloody battle. But Khorne had plans for this mortal woman, and his mere rage over her passing, has awoked Valkia from her death. Khorne has reforged her in form that pleases him more, and now she has returned to the mortal world as vision of destructive power, and she is yours to command.
    \n\nAppearance: Tought she has retained her cold beauty, her armour runs red with thick strings of blood, her long legs are more like those of a Bloodletter than a human, and bat.like wings sprout from her shapely back.
    \n\nValkia's bodyguard is formed by powerfull Khorne's chosen warriors.
    {VALKIA_RECRUITMENT_END_BODY}Valkia has been slain in a great and glorious battle. Only time will tell if Khorne will raise her once again.
    {VALKIA_RECRUITMENT_END_TITLE}Valkia the Bloody has fallen!
    {VALKIA_RECRUITMENT_PLAYER_BODY}We have been given Valkia and her warriors from the great god Khorne!
    {VALKIA_RECRUITMENT_PLAYER_TITLE}Valkia the Bloody
    {VALKIA_RECRUITMENT_TITLE}Valkia, Champion of Khorne
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; November 07, 2015 at 03:58 AM.

this mod is compeletly dead aint it?

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_G4mer_14 View Post
    this mod is compeletly dead aint it?

You guys are just totally BORING. Cant u read the last damn pages ? too hard for you maybe ? a 1.6 beta version was released in august, and a new version 2 weeks ago. Seems to be dead in your opinion ?

btw. As I've noticed some people still play 1.51, I wanted to ask. Is it better to play 1.51 with fixes (and submods?) than currently try to play 1.6 beta?

I've played few hours with the 08.08.2015 patch and only had some crashes just after my turn begins ( I can continue normally by just going "continue campaign" and it has autosaved just before crash) and some crashes when I'm starting a battle (Where it zooms in and would go for loading screen).

So, is there in 1.6 patches some features or fixes that make it worthy over 1.51 with it's on fixes and sub mods?

Quote Originally Posted by MaDuck View Post
    btw. As I've noticed some people still play 1.51, I wanted to ask. Is it better to play 1.51 with fixes (and submods?) than currently try to play 1.6 beta?

I've played few hours with the 08.08.2015 patch and only had some crashes just after my turn begins ( I can continue normally by just going "continue campaign" and it has autosaved just before crash) and some crashes when I'm starting a battle (Where it zooms in and would go for loading screen).

So, is there in 1.6 patches some features or fixes that make it worthy over 1.51 with it's on fixes and sub mods?
    The biggest reasons to play 1.6 beta over 1.5.1 are playable Skaven, Tomb Kings, and Norsca factions, modified 12 turns per year campaign, new units like Night Goblin Fanatics, Empire Flagellants, and Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, and the ability to help the team by reporting bugs you find.

The biggest reasons not to play 1.6 beta over 1.5.1 are the lack of submods, including english patches, keeping up with beta updates, the long long first turn, incomplete faction assets, broken units, and other bugs that are what a beta is made to test and fix.

Basically if you want to preview what 1.6 is going to be like, play the beta, it's pretty awesome, but buggy and unfinished, though you can try your hand at fixing some of the bugs and help the project move quicker. If you want a better polished and balanced experience, stick with RoDG 1.5.1 with the popular submods instead.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    The biggest reasons to play 1.6 beta over 1.5.1 are playable Skaven, Tomb Kings, and Norsca factions, modified 12 turns per year campaign, new units like Night Goblin Fanatics, Empire Flagellants, and Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, and the ability to help the team by reporting bugs you find.

The biggest reasons not to play 1.6 beta over 1.5.1 are the lack of submods, including english patches, keeping up with beta updates, the long long first turn, incomplete faction assets, broken units, and other bugs that are what a beta is made to test and fix.

Basically if you want to preview what 1.6 is going to be like, play the beta, it's pretty awesome, but buggy and unfinished, though you can try your hand at fixing some of the bugs and help the project move quicker. If you want a better polished and balanced experience, stick with RoDG 1.5.1 with the popular submods instead.
    Hi Im really new to this whole forum thing but have used this place a lot for information on this mod. Anyway I've been working on 1.6 a little and added some stuff, fixed some bugs, fixed the flagallants crazy foot, got all the awesome english translations and have it to a point that it never crashes (battle or campaign) as long as the unit size is on normal. I also did some texture work to the khorne castles so now instead of bricks its skulls and bones(not quite finished but looks pretty good) and there was a tzeench castle texture already in the settlement texture folder. The units I have added are, forest goblin giant spider with a hauda and like 6 gobbo archers, forest goblin spider riders, demi griff knights, cold one chariot, orc boar chariot, high elf chariot, tomb king chariot, tomb king scorpion, Plague beast, and I kinda changed the giant textures so the chaos factions have there own specific giant "skin" i.e. nurgle is greenish tzneech blueish ect. looks ok, gives some variety. Added some mercenaries all over the map. Now if you start a wahhh you will be able to raise tons of orcs in the badlands for cheap and some beast's from the mercenary menu. All forest goblin spider units are only recruited from vale of webs province. I was wondering what are the rules for releasing it so some other people can play it? seems like some are having a lot of issues getting 1.6 to work. could some one message me a specifically go over the rules about that with me. I just figure it can be a place holder till 1.6 is out of beta and finished. Just wanted to give something back because Ive had a blast playing this mod over the years and seeing it mature from everyone's hard work.

I have a pretty cool version of 1.6 I have been tweeking since 1.6 came out. It seems very stable and has the english translation on it as well as some extra goodies. What are the rules about me sharing this will other people? Seems some are still having issues getting the mod to work. And ive added some kinda cool stuff that some people might enjoy. Thinking about just posting the whole call of warhammer folder on some download website so it can be just a drag and drop type deal instead of the 20 step procedure. I'm new to forums and don't know the rules on these things, just thought I could contribute a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    I have a pretty cool version of 1.6 I have been tweeking since 1.6 came out. It seems very stable and has the english translation on it as well as some extra goodies. What are the rules about me sharing this will other people? Seems some are still having issues getting the mod to work. And ive added some kinda cool stuff that some people might enjoy. Thinking about just posting the whole call of warhammer folder on some download website so it can be just a drag and drop type deal instead of the 20 step procedure. I'm new to forums and don't know the rules on these things, just thought I could contribute a bit.
    You can probably list it as a sub-mod for now or whatever. And then share it. Later, the people responsible for this mod would probably check it out, maybe integrate it into the main mod with your permission or whatever?
    An amateur writer.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    I think that's what the submod forum is for. I for one would really like it if you did that. So far I haven't installed 1.6 because of the 20 step procedure.

Hey guys, so I heard about a 1.6 beta... Anyone know how to get them? and how to get it to work?

Well, I'm still suffering the same bug as in 1.5: Not being able to play battles. I've tried with Tomb Kings, Orks, and Vampires. Still can't play in battles past the first turn. Crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by valhallean View Post
    Hey guys, so I heard about a 1.6 beta... Anyone know how to get them? and how to get it to work?
    There should be a download link and instructions on Page 20 if I'm not mistken. I can't remember where the english mod I downloaded was.

So, when'll this be fully released?

Semisalis

The question is asked since 4 years here (at least) ,and its still the same answer : when it's ready. The team is still working, has no release date (new beta release is coming every 2 months for the moment, could be more or less) and never answer to this question (since they dont know themselves and are quickly pissed by this type of question ahah) ^^ sorry mate

(Can't I edit my posts on this forum?) I think I found what was going wrong. It downloaded only the first file a 100% the other 3 it stopped before downloading them but still said they were complete. Redownloading now.