Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.6 beta test

Default Re: Patch 1.6 beta test

LN - Is it allowed to post screen shot of the beta on these forums?

I sadly can't read any Russian
    I love your mod guys and waiting for a translated version and a sandbox non scripted one
    One of the best mods in the world and a huge work and i can't thank you enough.

Is there an estimate release date on an English version?

Is the production of an English translation purely voluntarily?

The English version 1.5.1 or something still had a bit of Russian in it. Notably the name of the High Elf priests. I can't wait to play though. Considering this is just a beta version, does this imply that the actual full release of 1.6 will also be released in English? And considering how much talk there is about how "nearly complete" this beta is, does that imply that there will be a full release in January?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    badge wearer

Quote Originally Posted by Auphilia View Post
    Is there an estimate release date on an English version?

Is the production of an English translation purely voluntarily?

The English version 1.5.1 or something still had a bit of Russian in it. Notably the name of the High Elf priests. I can't wait to play though. Considering this is just a beta version, does this imply that the actual full release of 1.6 will also be released in English? And considering how much talk there is about how "nearly complete" this beta is, does that imply that there will be a full release in January?
    The English translation is 100% volunteer work. Back when 1.5 was released, we had Beregond, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Action Fighter, and me all working to get an English version out to everybody, but the only person I know for sure that still around is me. I've only come back about a week ago after a long hiatus, so the others might still be around and I just don't know it, yet.

The problem is that I don't know a lick of Russion, so anything that hasn't already been translated won't be verbatim.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    The English translation is 100% volunteer work. Back when 1.5 was released, we had Beregond, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Action Fighter, and me all working to get an English version out to everybody, but the only person I know for sure that still around is me. I've only come back about a week ago after a long hiatus, so the others might still be around and I just don't know it, yet.

The problem is that I don't know a lick of Russion, so anything that hasn't already been translated won't be verbatim.

In other words...C Pождеством

lol i was just playing warhammer
    and came to check for news only to find the beta is out

hell freaking yeah
    i would love to help in the testing
    put i don t speak Russian so i dont know if i could be of any help

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

If you could PM beta-link for me too Lord Necromancer, that would be great

...And happy hollidays to everyone here.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Happy hollidays too my good man! I would love to help testig the beta, dont care if is in Russian.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

ATTENTION!!
    Below is manual wich contain all vital information for testers. Read it carefully.

Mod is NOT COMPLETE And it is in RUSSIAN

Must be installed on clear version 1.5.1

Before installing the 1.6 patch beta update delete two folders: base and campaighn in mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data\world\maps

Also before installing delete "settlements" folder in mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data

Another important thing, when starting a new campaighn, after ending a turn, clocks may tick for a while, dont panic, thats how it must be

Dear testers You all are greatly help us and do a lot of things to our mod. But you can help even more if u will write your bug-reports by certain pattern.
    Why is this so important? If we want to be short, thats so because good bug-report allows:
    1. reconstruct the problem(its not always possible but we must press for it ).
    2. understand, what is the nature of the problem and how important it is.

How to write a good bug-report?
    At first, you must prepare yourself. If you discover a bug, dont run immidietly to the forum and type "its dont working!!!". Try to reconstruct error. Success? Good. If not, then you missed something. Try to remember, what exactly you did before it. Error happend again? Yay! Now try to minimize number of steps for reconstruction, and be shure, that there is nothing unnecessery there.

When you realized what data and wich actions caused the problem, briefly specify the essence - create a title of bug-report. Explain the problem as much detailed and concretized as the title says, but do not make it footlong

Example of a "bad" title: "Everything is freezing, when i attack the enemy"
    Example of a "better" title: "Game is freezing when dwarven army attacks goblin settlement"

Try to avoid frazes like this: "i recruit a unit", "i press the button" etc. Title and steps description is manual for those, who will be fixing the problem, so it is better to say how to "recruit a unit" or "press the button".

Now start to fill the form of bug report:

Create the title:

After that: Detailed description, type here all info about the error - clarify here those details, that cannot be mentioned in title. If you understand, what the deal(used old calculation formula, some extentions missed, error in some specific script etc) - write it too. If you dont know - try not to wonder what it is

Steps for reconstruction - main field to fill in bug-report.
    Write those steps, that you defined. As was said above, number of steps must be enough to reconstruct the problem. Not too long, not too short.

After this actions you must to type result.

If it is necessery type your expectations: what must happend in your opinion.

So, steps for reconstruction can look like this:

Steps for reconstruction :
    1. recruit an army...
    2. move an army from the citadel...
    3. attack another army
    4. press "retreat" button.

Result: general died in batle

Expected result: general must not die in battle.

If it is required: saves, logs, screenshots - attach them immidietly. Ofc, attachments must contain only necessery information, that can help to solve the problem.

Dont forget about "severity" - this therm tells how bug is critical in testers opinion. It is hard to say, how critical error is, but try not to tag every bug as critical.

PS please, after this post, all who want to participate in test, write your email and nothing else.

Semisalis

Understood, boss !

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Excelent! Ready to give it a go and learn a little russian while at it.
    Btw,"clear version 1.5.1" means this one with the patch and then the fix?
    Last edited by Lord Baal; December 24, 2014 at 08:50 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Can I take part in tests ?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    badge wearer

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Excelent! Ready to give it a go and learn a little russian while at it.
    Btw,"clear version 1.5.1" means this one with the patch and then the fix?
    Yes, I believe that is what Lord Necromancer is referring to.

I am not sure if Gig's version will work or not.

Also, may I pm my e-mail to you, Lord Necromancer, rather than display it publicly?
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; December 24, 2014 at 10:11 AM.

Guys, if at all possible, i would like to take part in the test too. I know and can read at least SOME Russian(2 years of high school eduaction... so not much :-D ) so I hope to not be totally lost in it.

Okay, i hit via PM everyone who volounteered for testing Guys, just one request, pls take one race or nation to test and type here wich one it is, ty

It doesn't work with Gig's version (or I'm stupid). I'm downloading the regular one now. I will say you tomorrow which faction I will test

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Necromancer View Post
    Okay, i hit via PM everyone who volounteered for testing Guys, just one request, pls take one race or nation to test and type here wich one it is, ty
    I'd like to test the Skaven faction. May I get a PM with the patch?

Hi Lord Necromancer, I posted earlier back in the thread, but sadly didn't get a pm with the file to start testing, so if you could send another to me that would be greatly appreciated.
    Also here's a email if that would work as well
    Edit:Email removed
    Last edited by AllianceDeath; December 25, 2014 at 01:49 AM.

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

YES FINALLY IT IS HERE! I willing to do some beta testing too if you still need a certain race/faction tested. Also I am willing to assist in translation as I can speak and read (limited reading) Russian.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I would also love to test 1.6, although im sure it'll be flawless