Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.6 beta test

Default Re: Patch 1.6 beta test

I'm Spanish and I speak from a translator.
    I do not know what you mean takes work to cover the black part and put the Wood Elves and Bretonnian.
    Much of the map that apart from putting two new factions would take advantage.

And the second thing I said should be a mistranslation, meant that on the map Skaven armies appear as if they are with banners Chaos Dwarfs Skaven.
    Then the pictures of the generals did not appear Skaven rat faces, but faces the classic Aztec Medieval Total War II.

I hope you have understood me now.

A greeting.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

16:14:44.401 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 7444, column 12
    You have chosen an invalid tile(106, 51) for the settlement of @0:5=E>D.
    It will mean not being able to reach this settlement and is a bug.
    For now we'll ignore it.
    16:14:45.333 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 11100, column 87
    duplicated character name in this faction
    Ignore the first - it's not fatal. Fix the second (I should have taken a bet) as you did the previous one. Did you install my updated English text? I am asking because of the settlement name.

@Juanma
    banners and pictures - these are from the base game as new banners and pictures have not been made yet.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 13, 2015 at 09:31 AM.

Yes I have installed, and I have repaired one bug and then I have onther one with name.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by preussen6 View Post
    Yes I have installed, and I have repaired one bug and then I have onther one with name.
    You had two name errors:
    15:21:22.672 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 4129, column 89
    16:14:45.333 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 11100, column 87

The first one you fixed apparently, now proceed the same way with the second:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Open your descr_strat file with notepad and go to that line (Ctlr+G). I believe it's a merchant or some such, not a named character. If it is a named character in that line look for the other instance of that name. Determine which faction it is and have a look in descr_names for an alternative (search for the faction and choose a name from the 'character' section) and replace the duplicated name with it.

If you manage to solve it, please upload the descr_strat here.

I did it, in log I don't have it anymore but I had new problems with names.

So you can start the game but there are issues with names?

yes, and I can't start campaing.

Blog Entries

@preussen
    How do you know that you have name problems?

@YSD
    You should be able to fix those two name issues (see post #264). After that run the game and submit a (compressed log) if it crashes completely. If it is only a CTM just have a look into the log and search from the bottom up for [error].

Ok, first I solved this bug which u mentioned, but I have more bugs in this file with this duplicated names ( its says in log).

I did, but I keep getting more and more name errors. Guess I'll just go on about replacing them until I get bored or the campaign actually starts.

Same as pruessen6 then.

10:41.539 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 7444, column 12
    You have chosen an invalid tile(106, 51) for the settlement of @0:5=E>D.
    It will mean not being able to reach this settlement and is a bug.
    For now we'll ignore it.
    17:10:41.775 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 11526, column 89

This is the latest one, and they are all of this nature. Each time I apparently "fix" a duplicate character name there's a new one presenting an issue.

Okay, after several name changes, I finally got to the loading screen instead of being returned to the main menu, this is the error I get:

17:17:00.491 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/descr_model_strat.txt, at line 1493, column 26
    Model database failed to load model models_strat/Valkia.CAS.
    17:17:00.721 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Closing the gates to save our souls!
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 13, 2015 at 10:39 AM. Reason: multiple posts merged

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YourStepDad View Post
    Okay, after several name changes, I finally got to the loading screen instead of being returned to the main menu, this is the error I get upon the game actually crashing instead of sending me back to main menu:

17:17:00.491 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/descr_model_strat.txt, at line 1493, column 26
    Model database failed to load model models_strat/Valkia.CAS.
    17:17:00.721 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Closing the gates to save our souls!

Is there a way to delete one's posts? This isn't the first time this happened..
    Looks like descr_strat is fine now, keep a copy handy for an upload later.

Check if the valkia.cas file exists. It might be a spelling mistake or it might be in the textures folder by mistake. If the file exists in the model_strat folder then it is corrupt and needs replacement. You won't get the original, working file in that case so simply copy another CAS file in the model_strat folder and give it that name - if you get some wonky stuff on the strat map after that you shouldn't be surprised.

I am starting to wonder how they could release extremely buggy stuff like this - I mean there simply is no way that the descr_strat file in it's uploaded state ever allowed a game to start.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 13, 2015 at 10:40 AM.

YourStepDad can you upload your descr_strat ?

I can and will in a moment. For some reason it's verifying on MediaShare.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/view/v8ce2r...escr_strat.txt

As expected, there's another error:

18:01:49.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/descr_model_strat.txt, at line 1510, column 26
    Model database failed to load model models_strat/DE_mages_lod0.CAS.
    18:01:49.431 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

I suspect the principle is the same? Choose any file at all and give it the same name

Can u Gigantus in free time check this beta and eliminate bugs ?

18:13:37.044 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/descr_model_strat.txt, at line 3126, column 24
    Model database failed to load model models_strat/navy_cog_tzeench.cas.

It seems that navy_cog strat map models are missing for most factions except:
    norse
    kislev
    kermy
    chaos dwarves

Most of these seem to be new factions, too. Makes me wonder why there are no placeholders or generic icons used by all for these instead of the campaign not being able to launch at all due to an error. I'll try to use existing cas files for most of these and see if that works.

EDIT 2:

Okay, after replacing several cas files (mostly ships and cogs) with those of other factions the loading screen got to the very end, but of course, what fun would it be if I was to actually be able and launch the game?

18:33:43.142 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

WTF. This is the error that I get at the very bottom of the loading screen. How can this possible be? Can it?

I have 4 gigs of RAM and to not be able to load a map of M2TW no matter how detailed seems ridiculous to me. could I have possibly somehow caused this because I replaced the missing cas files with already existing ones?

And yes I have tried it with low settings. I'll restart the PC, if this doesn't work I'll settle for your version gig.
    Last edited by YourStepDad; August 13, 2015 at 11:38 AM.

Blog Entries

"Insufficient video memory" is a misleading message. What is happening here is that the game is looking for a texture of a CAS model - it simply runs out of memory doing so (could take several minutes on old computers). In the line above this error (if you are using the trace log mode) you will see the name of that CAS model.
    Open that CAS model with Notepad and look at the very end\bottom which file it is listing. This file needs to be present in the data\model_strat\textures folder. If the file does not exist simply do a copy\rename routine - make sure it has the correct extension.

To be honest, looking at all the missing ship models and numerous name issues (never mind vital files missing), by now I would have just stopped working further and send a PM to get a working copy. Whoever published that new beta version obviously didn't have the vaguest idea what they were doing\releasing.

I think by now you have gotten a taste of what I am exposed to when 'fixing' things...
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 13, 2015 at 11:57 AM.

My logs weren't being generated at all before I added

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * error

to the .cfg file. Don't know of any other way.

Opening the files with notepad gives me what is seemingly gibberish that I can't do anything with, otherwise I would try that as I feel it would make the game launch. Too bad as I feel this would have at least started the game.

Yeah, I am totally weirded out by what they've done as well, and I'd hate to waste any more of your time. I'll play the somewhat older 1.6 with your fix and pray that works.

Perhaps there was a mistake and this really was not meant to be released at all, which is what I suspect.

Should I report this to the creators of the mod? if so, where do I even do it? Perhaps they could sort it out and release it in at least a playable state.

And again, thanks for willingly bearing that cross of fixing the things that some modders leave behind. This community appreciates it greatly.
    Last edited by YourStepDad; August 13, 2015 at 12:18 PM.

Blog Entries

gibberish - that's normal. Simply jump to the end of the file by pressing Ctlr+end - the last line usually has a part like this:
    Code:
    m             textures\1648_merchant_england.tga   €?  €?  €?  €?½¼<>½¼<>½¼<>½¼<>½¼
    The texture stuff is the only readable thing in the file.

log - change this line 'level = * error' to read 'level = * trace' - the log will now assume gigantic proportions (but now you will know which CAS file) and if you ever submit a trace log without compressing it no one will ever bother

Perhaps there was a mistake and this really was not meant to be released at all, which is what I suspect.
    That would be the only graceful explanation for this FUBAR
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 13, 2015 at 12:35 PM.