Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.6 beta test

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Patch 1.6 beta test

Yeah, something along those lines.

Blog Entries

I eventually managed to get hold of the beta and was pleasantly surprised that it started up on the first try on my RodG. I extracted the download in a separate folder and only copied the data folder (complete) as the BAT file in the root has the wrong path. It also deletes map.rwm and all string files every time it starts, and it's not steam compatible.

All the Russian text obviously doesn't get displayed in the menu and isn't very helpful where it is displayed I'll do a merge and delete of duplicates of the text files for myself to get some sense out of it.
    I had some trepidations when the campaign map eventually appeared as the sandwatch kept on spinning slightly erratic - but in hindsight it must be the animations from all those autowin sieges to change settlement owners. Would be a good stage to show of a new sandwatch - maybe a rotating skaven head?
    Once I got to the start I received a message that appeared to be a 'this faction is about to win' - very likely missing or incorrect win_conditions for this faction. With the English text in place I'll be able to pin point it.

The script needs a major work over: all spawns (more then 600) do not have an age entry, which might be a reason for crashes as they were also present in the old version. Several conditions have the wrong format, eg SettlementUnderSiege was simply copied from I_SettlementOwner and ended up having surplus conditions. Others with incorrect formatting are I_BattleSettlementFortificationLevel and BattleEnemyUnitClass\Category.

A look at the files before copying them over showed a large number of settlement textures having rather large size (in excess of 5MB) which will slow down siege battles for average machines.

I'll run a few more tests before actually playing a few rounds. So far I like the new loading screens - all 150 of them.

Edit:

EDU - there appear to be 9 redundant units:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Breton spear
    Breton_archers
    Centigor
    Flagellant
    Glade_Guard
    Outriders
    Peasants - could be present in descr_rebel_factions
    Plagueclaw
    Wildwood_Rangers
    EDCT: The non existent trait 'vesperos' is a test condition in EDA.
    EDA: type 'cape' and 'item' are conditions but do not exist, probably a mixup when using HasANCType (used name of anc instead of type, requires change of type of those ancs.
    historic_events - tons of redundant entries, translators - get a list (updated historic_events file) from me before you waste your efforts.
    descr_strat: the trait loyaltystarter has instances with level 2 - which is higher then the max level (1)
    modelDB: a lot of referenced files are missing (Example: unit_models/_units/warhammer/empire/model/handgunners/handgunners_ug1_lod0.mesh), tons of files in the unit_model folders are not required. There is a possibility that some missing files have a mismatch (typo) between their name and\or location and the entry in the modelDB file.
    map_heights: contains RGB value 0,0,0 which displays black but is generated as water.
    Other: the use of special characters in file and folder names is a potential crash source: eg folder name orc&goblins. A simple find and replace (& with underscore) in the modelDB and a folder rename will fix that.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 22, 2015 at 11:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Here is my 1.6 beta Fix download

Installation for Call of Warhammer

1. You require to have extracted the main 1.6 beta ZIP file into the main folder of Medieval II Total War folder
    2. Install the beta 1.6 fix by simply following the instructions and making sure the installation path points to the main folder of Medieval II Total War - NOT ANYWHERE ELSE!

Installation for Rage of dark Gods

1. Delete\Remove the world folder
    2. Extract the main 1.6 beta ZIP file into the main folder of Medieval II Total War folder
    3. Install the beta 1.6 fix by simply following the instructions and making sure the installation path points to the main folder of Medieval II Total War - NOT ANYWHERE ELSE!
    4. Then copy the ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data folder into the ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods folder

What it does:
    • Provides a BAT and CFG combo to avoid constant deleting and consequent regenerating of map.rwm and string.bin files. It also makes the mod Steam compatible, eg it can be started via the regular desktop short cut (RodG already has this).
    • Literally hundreds of format corrections in the campaign_script file, proper indentation has been provided as well
    • Minor formatting corrections in EDCT and EDA (see previously mentioned issues)
    • Minor formatting corrections in descr_strat (duplicated names for faction members and the previously mentioned trait issue)
    • Minor correction in map_heights, a zero size map.rwm is provided which will automatically force generating of a new map - no action needed.
    • All previous English text files (copies in data\text\text-EN) have been merged with the new Russian text files (copies in data\text-RU) and excess entries have been removed from historic_events. All new, untranslated entries are at the bottom of each text file.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 01, 2015 at 08:36 AM.

Also the units like giants, squigs, wolves and hounds are still causing graphical errors and crash, especially when they are in the same battle.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Anybody has the link to the beta 1.6, pls?

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Hi Gigantus, thank you so much for the fix ! But since i installed it (correctly), when i start a campaign ..the game crashes at the end of a loading ..the issue does not occure with a loaded save

edit : map.rwm and all text bins delete didnt change anything
    Last edited by Tyraels; July 24, 2015 at 04:28 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraels View Post
    Hi Gigantus, thank you so much for the fix ! But since i installed it (correctly), when i start a campaign ..the game crashes at the end of a loading ..the issue does not occure with a loaded save

edit : map.rwm and all text bins delete didnt change anything
    The fix should be save game compatible as the change in map_heights is minor. Script related changes will only take effect at the start of a new game.

A few questions:
    1. Which version are you using - CoW or RodG?
    2. Is the crash back to desktop or menu?

Last not least please change the [log] entry in the mod's CFG file (opens with Notepad) to this:
    [log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    #level = * error

Now run your game until the crash happens. Locate the log, compress it (it will be pretty big) and upload somewhere for me to have a look.

Semisalis

I use call of warhammer , 1.6 beta , the crash is a back to desktop with Sigmar Preserve Us at the end of loading, for every new game with every factions .

Here is the log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6beky6lum...m.log.rar?dl=0

IMPORTANT EDIT : i found the issue ; the line "rebuild_geography_db = 1" in the CFG . When i delete the # before this line, it works. So it means that probably everybody will be concerned ?
    Last edited by Tyraels; July 24, 2015 at 10:09 AM.

what's the status on it? is it going to be made available any time soon?

thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

I use call of warhammer , 1.6 beta , the crash is a back to desktop with Sigmar Preserve Us at the end of loading, for every new game with every factions .

Here is the log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6beky6lum...m.log.rar?dl=0

IMPORTANT EDIT : i found the issue ; the line "rebuild_geography_db = 1" in the CFG . When i delete the # before this line, it works. So it means that probably everybody will be concerned ?
    That's weird - this function is only used once when some esoteric battle map stuff get's changed. I certainly didn't change anything there, maybe some inherent stuff still in the CoW installation. Good to know - will keep it in mind.

My fix has been downloaded 33 times with you being the only one having any problem - so I guess it will be something related only to your installation. You didn't by any chance delete a 'geography' file in CoW's data folder after unpacking your main game?

Semisalis

i dont remember well ..i remember that cow team asked to delete some files in some folders after the fresh installation for 1.6 beta ..but im almost sure that's not related to this folder . In all cases , u made a very good job, dont have any more crash in 50 turns with ostland and khorne and the english merge is really appreciated

Nevermind
    Last edited by paradamed; July 24, 2015 at 04:38 PM.

Blog Entries

I am suspecting the majority of crashes was related to the missing age entry in the scripted spawns (there were over 1000 omissions) - I didn't realize that it was even still there in my RodG version.

For those interested: German Text files for patch 1.6 beta - simply extract into the mod's data folder, then rename the original folder (text - org) and rename the extracted folder (text DE) to text.
    All remaining\new Russian text is at the bottom of each txt file.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 25, 2015 at 05:21 AM.

Semisalis

Think i will reinstall completely the mod since i crash again at the end of loading of a new campaign with Sylvania...

Think i will reinstall completely the mod since i crash again at the end of loading of a new campaign with Sylvania...
    I remember those corrupted saves happening in previous versions. They got fixed somehow. Maybe Gigantus knows how to solve these. I think it was due to save file becoming too big because of the huge script file or something like that.
    Last edited by paradamed; July 25, 2015 at 07:24 AM.

Domesticus

I can not play the campaign.

When you are in the countryside hourglass runs always and I can not click on the cities and armies.
    Last edited by Crociato78; July 25, 2015 at 08:02 AM.

Semisalis

press "space", hourglass will be skipped in 10 seconds instead of 10 minutes

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I remember those corrupted saves happening in previous versions. They got fixed somehow. Maybe Gigantus knows how to solve these. I think it was due to save file becoming too big because of the huge script file or something like that.
    new campaign mate, not a savegame ...i reinstalled the game and now it works, but i dont know why i'm crashing everytime. It happens almost only with Sylvania .

Quote Originally Posted by Crociato78 View Post
    I can not play the campaign.

When you are in the countryside hourglass runs always and I can not click on the cities and armies.
    You have to wait a few minutes and then you will be able to play. It may take several minutes.

Semisalis

Anyone knows if 1.6 beta + fix of Gigantus are working well with ROTG or is it really necessary to use former CoW ?

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    You have to wait a few minutes and then you will be able to play. It may take several minutes.
    Not needed anymore, just press space and it will be skipped VERY quickly.