Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.6 beta test

Default Re: Patch 1.6 beta test

Krle, what are your graphic settings? You need everything low then see how often you crash and change one by one if you so desire to medium. My experience anything past medium will bring on crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by krle993 View Post
    Hello there again

Well, I'm using Gigantus 1.6 version and I installed all like it said(few times reinstalled whole game). I can't say my crashes have a exactly place where they happen, but it's allways on the end of turn. Sometimes is on first, sometimes on third, and yesterday morning I wanted to take a test, after I reinstalled once more, if it's going to crash if I just click end turn withouth playing - and it didn't because I got to 13th turn. Then I tried last night same thing, and it crashed after second when I clicked on end of turn. Then, before 15 minutes, it crashed after second again. I almost forgot, yesterday when I just clicked away turns, I was getting in battles(3 or) and getting out of them just to see if it would crash, but it didn't.

This my system specs:
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    Video Card AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
    Memory 8.0 GB
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

And thank you really for taking your time, but I would really love to know if is anything to do to solve my problem. Thank you again

is there any way to make ai campmap turn faster? sorry for bad english

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by adi1389 View Post
    is there any way to make ai campmap turn faster? sorry for bad english
    do you use steam if yes do this
    run the task manger
    IMPORTANT then check if there twice if is anything related to steam running if yes close all steam things running in the task manger
    then move the steam folder out of program files or program files [x86]
    NOTE that this does not for all people sadly
    if you use disc try this
    move the sega folder out of program files or program files [x86]
    NOTE that this does not for all people sadly
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I found solution for crashing. It wasn't such a problem about crashes, after one crash, I start game again and that's not problem. Problem was in saving, because there was only auto-save option. Manual saving in "pause" was crashing too. So I remembered there was ctrl+s (quick save) and VOILA. When I crash on auto-save(end of turn), I have quick save. When I crash on quick save, I have auto-save. So I could continue anyway.

And ofcourse: everything is on high.

Wow, new warhammer version eh?

I'd be eager to try it with a partial translation (things already in English that were previously translated) and with secure knowledge of knowing my game wont crash around turn 70 - 100, which is what happened.

I should also say that I have been fighting beastmen for AGES in the last version, which was quite repetitive and took away from a wondrous experience. After beating Sylvania, I have mostly been fighting sporadic orks for 70 - 100 turns before my game crashed. When I think about it it was nearly a year ago. *shudder*

I still have the save, though, and could upload it if someone could take a look and maybe see whats the problem.

I'd much rather start the new version provided its stable.

I'd also like to add, regarding the neverending overly long invasion of beastmen - I hope that gets toned down. I remember in 1.4.1 attempting to survive both a near consecutive Nurgle and Slaneesh (iirc) invasions, after only barely removing Sylvania out of the battle. I beat them too alright, but barely, both in battle and on the campaign map. It was, I think, just about the most intense total war experience I have ever had.

I'd like to see those again, or at the very least have the campaign be a bit more spicy that absolutely endless beastmen invasions.

p.p.s. can centaur like creatures be modeled and implemented into the game at all? It'd be utterly glorious to see those.

There are centigors (beastmen centaurs) in the submod Beginning of the End Times. I actually find the constant pressure from the beastmen actually really fun because it adds the feeling of total war in the sense that you never get a break from the fighting. The beastmen for me are more of a nusiance on the side rather than the more 'serious' stuff like the Chaos incursions, but I agree that more variety in the campaign would be nice

In 1.4 it was different. While I do not remember beastmen I've had by far the most glorious and perfect experience in total war. Ostermark was so intense, with nurgle and tzeench and (i think) beastmen invasions all over. I was fighting two wars on two front with the highly varied stacks of chaos marching to my capital, Bechafen, and I was fighting Sylvania down south.

My forces were stretched thin, as were my resources. Mustering every army to battle was accompanied with a sense of impending doom and desperation, something I find crucial to the warhammer experience, as I knew that a substantial army getting wiped out probably meant the end of my campaign. It was so good an experience it still echoes in my mind whenever I think of warhammer, and always accompanied with a sense of immense satisfaction.

Around 30 turns in with the 1.6. patch and I am steamrolling Sylvania to the point where I don't feel like fighting them at all.

Does anyone know whether Nurgle, Tzeench and Khorne and whoever is supposed to still invade at some point? When does the storm of chaos begin? If somebody knows whether this was for any reason cut out please let me know.

Though, I don't see why it would be, maybe the pacing of when it happens was, I don't know, because my Kislev campaign is precisely like that. Forces stretched thin, battles pretty decisive, funds low and every move feels like chess. Love it, I just wouldn't want to abandon my Ostermark save, but I will if its anything like that.

EDIT: I was curious about Beginning of the End times, but one of the key selling points of this mod were the grand preparations for the storm of chaos doomstack and of course frequent scripted spawns and events. The AI is pretty stupid and incompetent in anywhere in vanilla and Stainless Steel where it cheats outright, and I don't like non lore friendly wars.

Are there any scripts at all in the submod? Would you say its difficulT? And most importantly, does it have Storm of Chaos script?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by YourStepDad; June 14, 2016 at 08:24 PM.

What you are describing is exactly what made me fall in love with call of warhammer. That feeling of desperation is crucial part of the warhammer experience. The beginning of the end times aimed to keep that feeling while at the same time removing a lot of the scripted spawns and events. While there are still some of the scripted beastmen and chaos invasions. The big storm of chaos event in COW has been removed and replaced with the crusade mechanic. So how it works is chaos undivided or (archaon) starts out as the "pope" effectively and can call chaos incursions on some main targets on the campaign map altdorf, middenheim, kislev, ect. Other chaos factions can choose to join in and will march on the target. These factions are undivided, khorne, nurgle, tzeench, slannesh, chaos dwarfs and skaven. So while its not scripted its still a similar style event to the storm of chaos. The AI has been set up to cheat in the way that it gets free money every turn to offset AI stupidness. So now these doom stacks that come at you are built by the AI and not all spawned via scripts. Right now the mod is a little wonkey in some areas that just have not been finished but we are working on a new patch that will fix a lot of the stupid little bugs but I would say its playable right now and can give you a decent challenge but if you wanted to wait it wouldent hurt to hold off till the next patch.
    Last edited by tomdoof2236; July 24, 2016 at 09:24 PM.

Honestly so far, even with using Gigantuses pain free installation, the mod has so many CTDs its unplayable. End Times sub mod is even worse, so I am downloading 1.51, I don't recall that ver being unstable.

Any news of 1.6 full version??

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

I think it is dead apart of submods which are quite alive- just check the submod section.

It is not dead, some people are still working on it. We just came to a conclusion, that since most of public here appreciate more... alternative vision of Warhammer flavor, it would be better for us just not to post anything here till we come to some point of readiness of the mod. Also, we want to get some contents from BotET, when its finished, so we as a result get a complete set of all things, from which would consist what we call "finished product".

I think there are still a lot of people - like me - that like 1.6 much more than BotET. There units and factions are really great, and i really appreciate that you will incorporate some of their stuff into CoW. But there is just not that warhammer feeling of danger in BotET. I love the scripts of CoW, the mercenary script system but mostly the invasions and spawns. They make it the greatest mod out there in my opinion. All other Medieval 2 mods i played - even otherwise great ones like TATW - were just much to easy for me. The AI just can not match with years of experience of playing this game. So i'm really happy that you still work on this mod and i personally would love to see some previews of 1.6 here again.

t is not dead, some people are still working on it. We just came to a conclusion, that since most of public here appreciate more... alternative vision of Warhammer flavor, it would be better for us just not to post anything here till we come to some point of readiness of the mod. Also, we want to get some contents from BotET, when its finished, so we as a result get a complete set of all things, from which would consist what we call "finished product".
    for what its worth,i think that call of warhammer is one of the best medieval 2 mods,definitily in my top 3 together with third age and europa barbarorum 2.many people didnt like its railroad nature,but honestly total war games are made to be extremely easy and only through extensive scripting like in COW its possible to have a midly challenging game.
    so i really hope that you will continue your work and release 1.6!

Quote Originally Posted by Druchii View Post
    I think there are still a lot of people - like me - that like 1.6 much more than BotET. There units and factions are really great, and i really appreciate that you will incorporate some of their stuff into CoW. But there is just not that warhammer feeling of danger in BotET. I love the scripts of CoW, the mercenary script system but mostly the invasions and spawns. They make it the greatest mod out there in my opinion. All other Medieval 2 mods i played - even otherwise great ones like TATW - were just much to easy for me. The AI just can not match with years of experience of playing this game. So i'm really happy that you still work on this mod and i personally would love to see some previews of 1.6 here again.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this, CoW is unique in its essence, BotET is currently getting the attention because besides being the only other playable Warhammer mod, every one is waiting for the finished CoW, also because it's new, but like Druchii said it doesn't have the feeling where the loss of a battle can decide if you win or lose. I'm looking forward to the completed version CoW in all its glory.
    Last edited by phylosopher stoned; April 01, 2017 at 02:08 AM.

Yes, I loved to see my Empire halberdiers hold the line agaisnt the Beastmen and having to make risky or change decisions because of the scripts. There's one thing I don't like though, they cheat sometimes, like the Orks "teleport" to siege the settlement, even if you put an army protecting a bridge/crossing in it's way.

Quote Originally Posted by Druchii View Post
    Yes, I second all this. Keep working, take your time, for playing unfinished games popping yearly you have the vanilla Total War games (sometimes good, sometimes a mess). If the 1.6 is finished in two years I'll still be here (I hope), older and with a couple of hundred hours more happily spent in this and other Total War mods and games.

Mesn's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Mesn View Post
    I've extracted it into mods folder of M2TW like all other modes, but upon starting it, after showing the main screen, mod crushes to the desktop.

Mesn's Avatar Civis

IMPORTANT!!!
    Beta version must be installed on clear 1.5.1, with or without fix. Or on previous version of beta.
    Before update installation, deleta two folders: "base" and "campaign" in: mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/world/maps
    Also, before installation, delete "settlements" folder in: mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data
    And yes, when you start a new campaign, just after you get to the campaign map, clocks would spin a lot. This is for purpose, so be patient. If you press space bar you'll speed up the process.