Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} >>> Download - Version 4.0 <<<

Default Re: {DIK} >>> Download - Version 4.0 <<<

No - first I wanted to make sure it was the right thing and not a virus that I had accidentally downloaded.

Also, I'm not sure how to find it or tell Norton that it's ok to use.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Isn't there any kind of an exception list?
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Probably... I've never done this before though, so I'll need to look into it.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Neadal View Post
    The movie is a cutout from a german docu about the Italian Wars, as far as I know
    About the music I will have to ask Medici, he created the intro video!
    The intro movie of this mod in 4.0?

Well it's not a docu, it's a tv series The Borgia's, not the canadian seires but the germani-italian-frenche series.
    The song it's from that sereies too, the main theme.
    You can find the series in english, french or italian and I suppose also german.
    Part of this series also near here, in Sermoneta's Caetani Castle, near my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdivi View Post
    The intro movie of this mod in 4.0?

Well it's not a docu, it's a tv series The Borgia's, not the canadian seires but the germani-italian-frenche series.
    The song it's from that sereies too, the main theme.
    You can find the series in english, french or italian and I suppose also german.
    Part of this series also near here, in Sermoneta's Caetani Castle, near my home.
    The part of the battle against the peasants is definitly from a german docu

Success!

Thanks for the help. Looks very interesting! I think this mod will scratch my itch for Renaissance gaming. Now, the tough decision... which faction to try first?

Thats awesome!

I think for beginners you should choose one of the larger factions.
    Milan, the Swiss and the Kingdom of Naples are quite difficult to play
    Last edited by Aneirin; March 10, 2015 at 06:00 PM.

That's good - I chose the Spanish to start. M/M difficulty.

Everything looks very well done, and I've enjoyed my first 10 or so turns very much. My first moves were to raise taxes to somewhat slow the loss of cash, then send my fleet to Malta, load troops, and sail to the Ottoman-occupied fort on the other Maltese island. Assaulted the fort and won the battle, to my surprise - pikes are certainly more effective than in vanilla!

Then I mobilized troops around Palermo and have sent a large (14-unit) stack, under the Vice-king, to Tunis. I wanted to attempt this anyway, but the nice little event message early on prompted me to attack quickly and hope to disrupt those pirates! I landed near Tunis to find the Ottomans have a large stack in the area too... so I occupied a nearby empty fort and am waiting to see what the Turks will do. Let them attack me in a strong position, or let them wear down the Tunis corsairs.

Elsewhere, I fought my only field battle in (I believe) Sardinia, against some rebels positioned along a road. The large unit sizes really allow for some more interesting battles it seems, since it takes longer before units break - so tactics become important again, hooray!

My biggest problem at the moment is debt - I'm around 5,000 in the red. Got a very cool message offering me a bank loan of 15k, but said no thanks - great touch! I hope once I take Tunis I will be able to start making money again. I'm currently only losing around 400 per turn, so it seems reversible.

I only encountered one issue that could be considered a bug - the 'League of Venice' event doesn't have any text, so I don't know whether to check yes or no. I went with yes and ended up at war with France, but allied to several factions... I'm going to stick with that as it seems the better option.

Overall though I'm loving this. The units look great, the faction balance seems really interesting, and it feels like it will be a real accomplishment once I start conquering some settlements in Italy itself. Wonderful job, keep it up, and thanks for making a mod that fits this very underrepresented niche in late medieval/Renaissance warfare!

Sound like you have fun
    Thank's for your praise!

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    I only encountered one issue that could be considered a bug - the 'League of Venice' event doesn't have any text, so I don't know whether to check yes or no. I went with yes and ended up at war with France, but allied to several factions... I'm going to stick with that as it seems the better option.
    Thank you! Due to your report I've updated the translation to version 1.3. The text was invisible because of a formatting mistake during the translation process. I found several others and hopefully I didn't miss one.

Cheers Neadal

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It's been a while since I last used my Kingdoms CD, but I'm downloading now. I'm beyond no-point of return now.

So I install the base 4.0 and english translation on top of it like ham on cheese, right? Simple enough.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

That's right
    Have fun!

I've just updated the english translation once more.

Fixed some formatting errors as well as some missing entries.

Best Regards Neadal

English translation is updated

English translation is updated
    Hi Neadal excuse me i can not download english translation 1.3.5 from this link i have a problem with account's google is it possible another link? thank you

Sorry, my mistake!

Now it should work properly!

Sorry, my mistake!

Now it should work properly!
    Now link it's ok thank you so i can continue the campaigns

Have fun!

The part of the battle against the peasants is definitly from a german docu

I found the Borgia Series from Canal+, they are great and inspiring. I really recomend them. The first part of the intro is from these series. im still at the end of season 1, and there are 2 more!

And about the german documentary, does anybody know its name, the autor, or anything, i most have it!

Sorry mate, but Medici is the only one who knew the name of this docu

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

It was called "Thomas Müntzer und der Krieg der Bauern" (Thomas Müntzer and the War of the Peasants) and was produced by German television. Here is a link to the ZDF mediatheque where it is available for watching.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast