Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} >>> Download - Version 4.0 <<<

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Default Re: {DIK} >>> Download - Version 4.0 <<<

Well spoken Iskar!
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Great work! Love the mod, hope an english translation is on the way soon b/c my german is awful!

Many thanks for your interest!
    Check the English translation progress thread

congrats for that new release and happy new year full of fight between germans, frenchs, italians, iberians and others!

Libertus

Welcome to Italy

Absolutely love the Mod - very beautiful, very stable, very playable. Congrats on your hard work and good design decisions. I can just read enough german to realise how rich and realistic are the historical events - but looking forward to the translation. It's even caught the attention of my son who is studying this period next term at Oxford Uni - first time he picked it up he played through 160 straight turns to victory as Venice. My personal favourites are the Swiss - but that's only so far. Thanks for the opportunity to play this.

Always a pleasure!
    Most of our events are based on their historic counterparts, but in some cases we have to improvise, so that the game still makes fun to play.
    A big problem were the Hungarians, because during this timeframe, there weren't that much events, besides they fought a battle against the Ottomans and that isn't really usable in the game. So we decided to create some "faked" events, I'm interested if you could figure out which are never really happend

That the Mod is so stable, is due to our long testing period, we started the first tests in the middle of June. It was quite important to me that the Mod is stable before release, because it is very annoying when you play a good game and suddenly the game chrashes and your save is gone.. In my opinion a good modder owes this to the community he is making the Mod for!
    In the end we did a very good job, thanks to our hardworking team members Iskar and Marlborough. They spend quite a lot of time, testing the Mod.

Thanks for your reply Neadal.
    One odd thing I noticed is that there is a muslim masjid in Otranto. Is this intentional? The duomo was converted to a mosque during Ottoman occupation 1480-1, but changed back when the city was recaptured for Naples. Given fear of further attacks, city was unlikely to have a tolerant attitude to islam thereafter - muslim captives in 1481 were enslaved.
    Also the Ottomans are too early in North Africa - but I guess this is intentional for gameplay reasons. The real story of N Africa for the first 20 years of the Mod would be the Spanish attempt to take the coastal cities from local dynasties - if you ever want additional factions.
    But this is still the historical accuracy champ among the 30 or so Mods that I have at one time or another downloaded and played - not just for events but also for feel

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Nice to hear Such comments make every hour of developing and testing worth it.

In a previous version Otranto was under Ottoman control right from the start and only in a later version converted back to rebel or Naples. I guess the mosque is a remnant of this earlier version.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    Nice to hear Such comments make every hour of developing and testing worth it.

In a previous version Otranto was under Ottoman control right from the start and only in a later version converted back to rebel or Naples. I guess the mosque is a remnant of this earlier version.
    Yes, I'm afraid I just forget to exchange it after I switched the ownership

About the province in North Africa under Ottoman control, our intention was that the AI will sooner or later conquer whole northern Africa. This should represent the Barbary States, but it will be changed in patch 4.1. There will be a minor faction to represent them. The spanish AI did it very well in our tests, trying to conquer Tunis and often succedded.

Give me ottoman units in game pic thx sorry bad english awesome mod

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Preview/page2#

Just follow the link and check post 31

Could you please extend until istanbul map?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

So I read that the map has been grabbed from Reconquista Total War, has there been any thoughts of bringing back the bits that were cut out? i.e. Southern France, Spain and Morocco (not sure if I've forgotten anything there)? I know its called the Italian Wars, but these aforementioned areas, as I'm sure the team knows, were truly centers of the of the Renaissance World and while this mod IS amazing, it would be even cooler if we could see some kind of greater Renaissance mod as it appears the Total War Community is indeed lacking in such mods.
    Last edited by isa0005; January 23, 2015 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    So I read that the map has been grabbed from Reconquista Total War, has there been any thoughts of bringing back the bits that were cut out? i.e. Southern France, Spain and Morocco (not sure if I've forgotten anything there)? I know its called the Italian Wars, but these aforementioned areas, as I'm sure the team knows, were truly centers of the of the Renaissance World and while this mod IS amazing, it would be even cooler if we could see some kind of greater Renaissance mod as it appears the Total War Community is indeed lacking in such mods.
    Well, thats an interesting thought. But I think it should be considered in another project. To expand the map would completly overthrow our intensions and thoughts during the working process. We would have to change quite the whole main concept of the Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by ikooo123 View Post
    Could you please extend until istanbul map?
    As you can read the name of the Mod is Italian Wars.. to add the balkan would be running with the hare and hunting with the hounds. It would undermine the main events, which are placed in Italy. Sorry mate..

Quote Originally Posted by Neadal View Post
    Well, thats an interesting thought. But I think it should be considered in another project. To expand the map would completly overthrow our intensions and thoughts during the working process. We would have to change quite the whole main concept of the Mod.

As you can read the name of the Mod is Italian Wars.. to add the balkan would be running with the hare and hunting with the hounds. It would undermine the main events, which are placed in Italy. Sorry mate..

then you must delete the game from the ottoman Ottoman capital of Constantinople

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Perhaps thats something the team could look into at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by ikooo123 View Post
    then you must delete the game from the ottoman Ottoman capital of Constantinople
    What does that even mean?

Sure, in the future. Right now we are focused on the translation and the next version 4.1

I don't have a clue as well..

Perhaps somewhere in the faction information, or some other text, the Ottoman capital is named Constantinople. If so, I think ikooo123 wants it changed to Istanbul.

hmm.. maybe something like that

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast