Thread: Battle overhaul submod! Version 5.0, compatible with CAC 1.0(10/6/2015)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Default Battle overhaul submod! Version 5.0, compatible with CAC 1.0(10/6/2015)

Version 5.0, compatible with Cac 1.0 (10/6/2015)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wx...e_submod_5.zip
    Hi all, today i want to share with you this submod i made in order to improve realism of battles. All battle mechanics have been deeply overhauled:

Melee
    -First of all, this submod reduces casualties during melee: this decision is based on the observation that during ancient battles really few men died during combat, while a great number of them was killed when on side routed
    -Then, it completely reworks morale and fatigue system: now, having your troops tired or attacked from behind will be very dangerous!
    -pace of battle has been lowered too, with a great difference between light units and heavy units, wich are now slower. This forces the player to deploy infantry in a more prudent way, because it won't be able to run fast from a side to another of the battlefield

Projectiles
    -projectiles and missile weapons were already pretty well balanced, so i only made some little change. The more important of this changes is the greater importance of shield as protection against projectiles than armour: this result was obtained by gretly increasing shield's chances to directly block missile weapons (depending on their size) and not simply by reducing projectiles' damage.

Pike
    -Well, pikes in Rome 2 are pretty broken: they should be a purely defensive weapon and instead they are deadlier than a thank! Anyway, i think i finally managed to achieve a good balance, and now phalanges act properly: they inflict and suffer few casualties ( since, as you may know, pike in reality were used to keep enemies away from reaching formation)

Hp
    -From the 5.0 version this submod adopts an 1 hp system

To install the sub mod just extract it in your Rome 2 data folder, just like every other mod!
    Your feedback is welcome.

PS: I want to thank Jam and Sheridan for having help me in the workshop section...and of course Iutland and Il Pitta for having done such a great mod.
    Last edited by Cesco; June 10, 2015 at 01:16 PM.