Thread: [DEI 0.96] Slower Campaign Mod

Default [DEI 0.96] Slower Campaign Mod

Slower Campaign Mod

NOTE: GRAND CAMPAIGN ONLY
    First version of my slower campaign mod. I had been using four different mods patched together with a sprinkle of my own changes in my personal campaign, and now I finally decided to combine them into one large Frankenstein. Overall, it feels like a well-balanced, slow campaign for those of you who like the marathon feel of civ. Lasts about 275-400 turns for victory conditions. THIS ONLY CHANGES THE MAIN CAMPAIGN. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE MY SLOWER BATTLE MOD, BUT THAT CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...wer-Battle-Mod

THIS MOD BRINGS YOU:

-12 TPY
    -Increased building times, costs, and research
    -Public order decreased for longer in newly acquired cities, local traditions more resistant
    -Reforms now occur about 50% later than normal
    -Civil war chances are reduced to compensate but not eliminated.

This mod does NOT change anything else like available units, diplomacy, battles, etc.

OVERALL: Together, these changes make the campaign longer and, in my opinion, more enjoyable.

DOWNLOAD

Beta Version (no crash guarantees, but I have yet to encounter a problem!)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/hd...rCampaign.pack

TO INSTALL:

Download, put in data folder. Using the mod manager place this ABOVE DEI. That is all!

Hope you guys enjoy, feedback is always appreciated.

Changelog:

12/17/2014: First version

Thanks to:
    Dresden and the DEI team for the 12TPY and increased cost mods. And of course, for DEI. <3
    Krixux for pioneering civil war changes, which I have now learned to tweak.
    Inrd907 for his reduced public order mod.
    The Creative Assembly for my favorite series.
    YOU, for playing this game, you sexy beast.
    Last edited by Mesthione; December 20, 2014 at 02:44 PM.

mester's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [DEI 0.96] Slower Campaign Mod

Seems great I'll try it.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Hi,

thx for sharing looks great. i think the Reduced movement range for land units (for DEI 0.96) 40% is a good addition to this.

i have one question
    as a player you take the time to build your city's and plan a conquest over 25 turns (2 years). what about the A.I? will they lay back abit? or will the world be dominated (and still rush) all smaller factions are gone. in about 125 turns.

cheers.

In my late game empires get pretty big, but due to the public order changes this takes time. If you are a veteran player I doubt you will be outpaced by the AI, but I've seen fairly large empires form. Early to mid game empires form and fall quite often, so it actually ends up being quite interesting! I think these changes also give more momentum to larger AIs against smaller AIs due to the requirement that you hold conquered territory longer before moving your army onward.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Is this for WoS also???

Cheers

Sorry GS, but it is not. Grand Campaign only. Depending on interest I can make one for individual campaigns, it's just a surprising amount of work.