Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's NTW 3 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW 3 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

Quote Originally Posted by Nacho13 View Post
    in my vanilla napoleon(not vanilla NTW3) the units have their sounds
    The NTW3 mod does not have its own sound files, we use the vanilla sound files. Check to make sure that another sound mod is not installed in your NTW files as this may be causing the problem.

i have never installed a napoleon sound mod, i have uninstalled the game before and checked infinite times, i know it will use vanilla sound files, but i think they are not propperly assigned to every unit, the only ones who have sound are the ottomans and i believe this is because they are in development by the original NTW3 mod, i had the same sound problems with and without your mod(so im not saying your mod has the fault, just if you thought that i think that). Again i ask you, does the NTW3 that you have installed in your computer have unit sounds in battles?
    Last edited by Nacho13; May 29, 2015 at 11:05 PM.

The NTW3 sounds on my pc work fine, I can not guarantee the same results for any other sub mod that is used

Hi Bran. I've seen your sub mods for other Total War mods before, and there is one thing I would like to point out.

It would be very helpful if you could elaborate on changes from the original mod and how they actually affect battles.

As it is, I don't know what this mod actually does. I can only conjecture from other poster's feedback and those are not as comprehensive as the author's explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    The NTW3 sounds on my pc work fine, I can not guarantee the same results for any other sub mod that is used
    I' ve never used a sound sub mod, and all NTW3 sounds work fine in my computer too, but the UNIT sounds, as you said they are supposed to be vanilla ones and the only ones who work are the ottomans, are you sure because im not saying NTW3 sounds, im talking abouts VANILLA UNIT SOUNDS(not firing or walking, those work fine, but there are not talking sounds between soldiers and thay dont say anything when you select them or issue them orders) those are the ones that dont work(or pherhaps they were never implanted) in NTW3 but they do in vanilla, are you sure that there are UNIT sounds in NTW3?

Quote Originally Posted by Nacho13 View Post
    are you sure that there are UNIT sounds in NTW3?
    POSITIVE

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

hignsis- I changed the campaign AI behaviour to be more aggressive and expansive-that is more warlike with the ai making more armies. Battles mechanics-musket range is longer but less accurate, movement rates are changed, formations changed, army unit march in better cohesion, morale settings changed, fatigue changed, spotting rules changed, artillery range is longer and a bit more deadly. Diplomatic settings are also changed. Trade money changed-more important for sea trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    POSITIVE
    Bloody hell, thank you, so, any other idea apart from uninstalling, checking files or a sound submod(wich i have never used), maybe the sounds in my game arent well connected, or something like that(i really dont know anything on how a game works, thats why i dont have any idea, but i do know thats is strange that the only sounds that dont work are those of the units)
    Last edited by Nacho13; June 06, 2015 at 06:47 AM.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Thus far the changes that have been made to the overall campaign have been great,with the AI unafraid to expand and develop large and well balanced armies,not to mention taking the fight to the front and leaving necessary troops in garrison when called for. I am though running into a peculiar scenario that has the AI armies always spawning in the same location on the battle map,meaning they are all overlapping in a huge mass of men somewhere near the center. Am I the only one reporting this? I did not occur in the base NTW3,and only occured after applying the changes here

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    the AI armies always spawning in the same location on the battle map,meaning they are all overlapping in a huge mass of men somewhere near the center.
    This is a problem that occurs on occasions with the NTW3 campaign battles. This usually occurs when the AI has been attacked and is on defense. We've worked to minimize these mass formations (or blobs) and the changes in Bran Mac Born's mod should have eliminated most of the blob problem with his mod
    Last edited by Lord Davn; June 13, 2015 at 12:06 PM.

Patrician

Are you using expanded deployment zone mod. That helps.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Thank you for the response gentlemen.Indeed I am using the expanded deployment zone mod,figuring that may have had something to do with it due to the large number of units present,but it seems to be consistent.I will try starting a new campaign,for I started using the expanded deployment zones mid way through an existing one,so perhaps the "damage" had already been done,and yes,it only appears to occur when the AI is defending,as if they got a little too overzealous about consolidating their forces,leading to the infamous blob.

Patrician

From my tests it seems to be a flaw with the hard coded ai mixed with the type of terrain the battle is fought on. If you send a cav unit and probe them they seem to react better and they will move out instead of reforming. I just attack them with everything and they put up a good enough fight. If they are attacking they swarm you and really try to annihilate your forces.

I use vanilla NTW3 and the unit sounds work perfectly.

The strange thing is that the only faction whose unit sounds work for me are the ottomans, and i have heard with the turkish that i can understand that line infantry says "revolutionary guard", "guard" or "elite infantry" only, istead of the things that vanilla line infantry says, this is something that i found in mods like darth mod napoleon and all others i used(sounds worked perfectly for all factions, but line infantry only said that), Why this happens? and again i ask for solutions for my problem with unit sound in NTW3, thanks and apologies for disturbing.

well, really i think that it may be better not to have those units sounds, with the sounds of firing i will not be possible to listen anyway
    Last edited by Nacho13; August 10, 2015 at 01:55 PM.

I was editing the Total Slaughter version file to set the same accuracy values as the original NTW3 file (I found it too low for my personal taste), and I found that the row 234 (while exporting to TSV) in the original file contained the Cav_Lancer_Prussian_Silesian_Landwher, while in the Total Slaughter version that unit does not appear.

I have copied the whole row to the file. Is that correct? I have had very bad experiences in sp campaigns in the past, and I would hate to be causing more future crashes by modifying that

Quote Originally Posted by Darcaem View Post
    I was editing the Total Slaughter version file to set the same accuracy values as the original NTW3 file (I found it too low for my personal taste), and I found that the row 234 (while exporting to TSV) in the original file contained the Cav_Lancer_Prussian_Silesian_Landwher, while in the Total Slaughter version that unit does not appear.

I have copied the whole row to the file. Is that correct? I have had very bad experiences in sp campaigns in the past, and I would hate to be causing more future crashes by modifying that
    Nop, sorry, don't read that. It must have been some kind of odd mistake while exporting to TSV. My fault, that row does appear in the Total Slaughter version file.

THank you so much for your hard work!