Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's NTW 3 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW 3 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

Sorry I know i'm annoying :

The only folder called campaign is located there : data/ntw3/version80/campaign (...inside there is 1805 folder, bavaria, ottoman etc...)
    In the folder data/ntw3/version81 there is no folder called campaign.

So where we have to put the 3 files ? Inside data/ntw3/version80/campaign even if I use 8.1 launcher ?

Regards,
    Ben

Lord Davn's Avatar Ducenarius

the version81 folder is for Classic Battles, use for the Campaign folder in the version80. It also contains the updated files for the v81 patch.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; November 08, 2018 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    the version81 folder is for Classic Battles, use for the Campaign folder in the version80. It also contains the updated files for the v81 patch.
    Hello !

Ok thanks. I have put the 3 .pack files from the Bran bac Born mod in data/NTW/version80/campaign

I hope its going to work ! Thanks.

Regards,
    Ben
    Last edited by Lord Davn; November 08, 2018 at 06:28 PM.

I have a problem. I think I installed the mod correctly, as I can see clearly differences in units speed and AI tactics. My problem however is units accuracy. You have stated that it is reduced in comparison to basic NTW3 but I feel quite the opposite - in my case the units are far more accurate than in NTW3 and even militias single volley may be a threat to charging cavalry, being able to wipe out like 20 of them. The armies suffer critical casualties in a very short time. Does anyone have clue what may be the problem? Im playing on largest unit scale with unit multiplier in preferences set on 0.75 (ive never changed anything in these preferences).

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex

UPDATE: LOWERED ACCURACY OF MUSKETS IN CAMPAIGN 30%. campaign battles only.

Well, now the submod doesn't work on my PC. I had to reinstall NTW becouse Ive installed Windows 10, then I've installed NTW3, after that I placed sir_battleterrain_max.rar file into data folder and spcn.rar into NTW3/Version80/Campaign folder. Even though I checked couple of times if I placed the files correctly, there's no difference, cavalry is stuck on infantry and units are slow, just like in normal NTW3.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if my NTW3 works correctly. The installation went without problems, I installed core, maps, campaign, themes, and then 8.1 patch and campaign patch. But is it normal for Wurtemberg to be controlled by France and Bavaria by Austria, while playing the French? These countries are existing if player plays countries other than France, like Great Britain. I also don't have major fortress in Gibraltar but the Lordz forum said that the new patch added this fortress. I have port defense batteries though and everything is correct with the classic battles mode.
    Do you have any idea what might be the problem? Maybe something with windows 10?
    Last edited by Lord Davn; November 18, 2018 at 08:38 AM.

Dude NTW3 is a very buggy mod that crashes or will not load or freezes up or strange weird things on battle map. My mod changes campaign AI setting and some Battle Ai settings-nothing to do with start pos files or scripts. Infantry should be faster-there is something wrong indeed with our installation-talk with the developers of the mod-my mod is for players who want a more aggressive Ai on campaign and battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen_Poniatowski View Post
    But is it normal for Wurttemberg to be controlled by France and Bavaria by Austria, while playing the French? These countries are existing if player plays countries other than France, like Great Britain. I also don't have major fortress in Gibraltar but on the Lordz forum it is said that the new patch added this fortress. I have port defense batteries though and everything is correct with the classic battles mode.
    These initial moves in the NTW3 mod were done to simulate the actual events that took place in the opening phase of the 1805 Campaign for France and Austria.

As the French player: Napoleon had already made Wurttemberg a vassal state or protectorate earlier in 1805 that owed its allegiance to France. The NTW3 mod gives Wurttemberg to France in the opening turns to simulate this reality and eliminates the need for the French player to invade Wurttemberg and occupy it (which breaks treaties with other French allies in the game). The Austrians over ran Bavaria in September 1805 as shown in the strategic map below with General Deroi escaping with remnants of the Bavarian army to join up with the French. This is also represented in the NTW3 mod with several Bavarian units showing up in Wurttemberg when France takes control of that region.

(wikipedia: War of the Third Coalition https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of...hird_Coalition.

As the Austrian player in the NTW3 mod you must move on Bavaria in the first turn before the French arrive. By turn two you will be fighting both of them.

Last edited by Lord Davn; November 18, 2018 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks. I thought it was a bug at first, because while playing other countries Wurttemberg and Bavaria exist.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; November 21, 2018 at 08:46 PM.

We made separate campaigns for Wurttemberg & Bavaria due to these factions being taken over in the opening moves of 1805 Campaign.
    This give an interesting perspective of how difficult it was for each of these two factions that were in the eye of the hurricane.

Wurttemberg (while maintaining its independence) has an interesting position of defending its home region or moving up to assist Bavaria as they deal with the Austrians.
    Bavarian has to fight off the Austrians until the French move up to provide support.

Can someone upload the original game files that this mod replaces? I really dont like the changes to infantry speed... it looks super unrealistic

I am playing a campaign with Prussia, I go in July 1807, the problem is that I have problems with the desktop when it is the Ottoman turn, I restart the game and I re-enter with the saved game and the blockade continues. What can I do to solve this situation?

*crash to desktop

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Does this work with 8.2?

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

8.2?

There is no Your file submod Bran in post 1 ? Why >

yes works with 8.2 Pacifu what do you mean?

What name is of main file Your submod Bran ?
    Last edited by Pafciu; April 06, 2019 at 03:41 PM.

spcn.rar

The spcn.rar in the first post is corrupt. I can't open it with 7z or winrar.